P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ebay snipers....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LorteBrian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you was outbid when there was 5 seconds left. was it not a sniper. i have won many action in the last 2 seconds.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all Mr. "What Xero means?" My Snipe is set on bid 3 sec before auction ends.
decimator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
I will never understand why people put high bids 5 days before the auction ends.

An attempt to try and scare off the competition id say. I sold a guitar pedal on ebay some years back where some butthole bid it up 4 days in advance and it never had any counter bids at the end. Seems like a stupid tactic but works sometimes.

Trade/Sale References: IXTAB, Unholy Horde, Kakarot SS5, DSS, Lohmarizer, CultofVomit
Morbid69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting a large bid on at the start scares off, as said above, most competition since many people bid in small increments. If you decide how much you're willing to pay for an item, lay it down, alot of bidders will chip at it with increments of $5 or $1.

I won an old Master's Hammer LP this way. I lay down a max bid of $50 and a few others tried bumping it up with small change. In the end they gave up, assuming I had some massive bid on there I guess. Mind you, this was a few years ago when Master's Hammer weren't so sought after (Burzum LP and all that was for high rollers).

How does sniping work though? If you're trying to cheaply win an item out of someone's grasp towards the end, what do you do if you end up sniping them by 50 cents on their yet to be revealed $1000.00 bid???
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost thought this thread was about me - I sniped an auction for Abhorrence (Fin) 7" last night. A little more than I wanted to pay, but that 7" is an utter classic and the seller claims it's mint/unplayed (!).

I used to get annoyed by snipers but there's no denying that it's the best method for winning a higher percentage of auctions and saving yourself at least a little money in the process. I've used services like bidnapper before, but if possible I just do it the manual way. As long as the auction isn't ending in the middle of the night or whatever. eBay has made it a lot easier by having the auction show time remaining and highest bid in real time now, without requiring a refresh - that's a nice feature. I started my snipe at 15 seconds last night and the bid actually went in with six seconds left.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Almost thought this thread was about me - I sniped an auction for Abhorrence (Fin) 7" last night. A little more than I wanted to pay, but that 7" is an utter classic and the seller claims it's mint/unplayed (!).

I used to get annoyed by snipers but there's no denying that it's the best method for winning a higher percentage of auctions and saving yourself at least a little money in the process. I've used services like bidnapper before, but if possible I just do it the manual way. As long as the auction isn't ending in the middle of the night or whatever. eBay has made it a lot easier by having the auction show time remaining and highest bid in real time now, without requiring a refresh - that's a nice feature. I started my snipe at 15 seconds last night and the bid actually went in with six seconds left.

how much u've paid for Abhorrence?
Sv.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$109.16 USD

Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sv. wrote:
$109.16 USD

On the nose. It's the most I've paid for anything in some time - but I'm defraying my costs by parting with some tradelist stuff, including a more abused copy of that Abhorrence EP that I bought last year.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
to stop sniping, just enter the highest amount your willing to pay. If it goes higher then youve lost nothing.

This seems the most logical. If I see a 7'' EP and I'd pay $20 for it, at the end of the auction I'll bid $20.01 or whatever additional change just incase someone else had the same high bid.

I notice some people do try to intimidate high bids to make people give up after time, while an interesting tactic it can backfire if someone else tries bidding high at the last minute. If you put $100.15 in a max bid for a $40 record, and another person does $100.00 in attempts to snipe...well you just won a record for $60 more than you intended to spend. Not to mention there are those who will enter a bidding war for a couple days before an auction end and end up raising the price a lot, those people usually end up in the retarded ebay auctions when the price gets out of hand.

I guess a good tactic is if you get starter bid, bid about HALF of what you'd pay + random increment of change between 0.05-0.10 so people who try to chip away may assume you have a high bid and give up. If you can...hours before the end of auction if you have not been outbid, put the total you'd be willing to pay out. You'll either win from people eventually giving up, or you'll lose, but it went for more than you'd pay anyway, so maybe the money saved can go towards something else in the end.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
I sniped an auction for Abhorrence (Fin) 7" last night.

ehehe you sniped a friend of mine (he was the second highest bidder)! he sent me a text message today "I lost abhorrence... again!" Cool

he already won mortician from that seller and he told me that was really unplayed!

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand

Last edited by Uncolored on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I know that I have a chance to be near the PC when an auction I'm interested in is going to be finished - I prefer to snipe. If not - I have no choice but placing the highest bid I'm ready to pay. When I lose an auction because of an ebay sniper - fortunately life goes on... Though I still hate Deathfiend666 that outbid me a few times 2 seconds before the auction's end even when I sniped my highest bid 5 seconds before the auction's end Laughing
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
dalecooper wrote:
I sniped an auction for Abhorrence (Fin) 7" last night.

ehehe you sniped a friend of mine (he was the second highest bidder)! he sent me a text message today "I lost abhorrence... again!" Cool

Heh - tell him I'm sorry! I'm selling a copy in worse condition now if he wants a consolation prize - I'm sure it will go for less. There's a skip in the last song, though I would think someone that knew what they were doing could fix it. I've read guides online to how to do that but I'm too afraid of messing with my records.

Uncolored wrote:

he already won mortician from that seller and he told me that was really unplayed!

Good to know, thanks! Hopefully it will arrive at my house soon!
Andreas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does somebody here uses Esnipe or other related sites.

Esnipe bids for you in the last second. You don't even have to be at home when it ends.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

auctionsniper.com
darkrider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm really new to buying shit on ebay(I have 8 stars) and some of the reply's I've read will help me in the future Very Happy

I would never use that autobidding shit though. Doesn't sound anywhere near as satisfying as sniping yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: