P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ebay snipers....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Elite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tactic is paying more money than anyone else. It usually works every time. Laughing
Sv.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I got overbid in the last second for Triumph.Genocide.Antichrist on PIC LP. Price was only 18,50.

Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
Kojiri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
no, what he is saying is like..

say the auction is at 10 dollars you are willing to pay 15, someone else out there is also willing to pay 15, so when its at 10 dollars you put in a bid of 15.03 or whatever.. and the other person just puts 15.. at the end you will have won the auction because of the extra 3 cents. i use this tactic always when bidding.

Just like the price is right.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
decimator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
probert wrote:

say the auction is at 10 dollars you are willing to pay 15, someone else out there is also willing to pay 15, so when its at 10 dollars you put in a bid of 15.03 or whatever.. and the other person just puts 15.. at the end you will have won the auction because of the extra 3 cents. i use this tactic always when bidding.

Just like the price is right.

Though somewhat difficult to pull off if you have a snipe come in 3 seconds before the end thats higher than all bid maximums. Refreshing the page alone and entering your new bid amount will probably mean you've lost. Not giving people time to react and enter their last minute bids, and making them think they've won in advance, is why it works so well. Both Ebay and Paypal get their fees, seller gets paid, everybody's happy, except the purists.

Trade/Sale References: IXTAB, Unholy Horde, Kakarot SS5, DSS, Lohmarizer, CultofVomit
chrisandrea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one employ the 'sniper'
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisandrea wrote:

Well, if you have the amount of money needed you can hire some russian or chechen professional and the job is done.
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisandrea wrote:

You sit in front of your PC hitting the F5-button constantly and in the last seconds you make your bid, hoping your internet-connection isn't mysteriously flawed at said moment.
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
to stop sniping, just enter the highest amount your willing to pay. If it goes higher then youve lost nothing.

That doesn't necessarily work, because then people have time to place bids onto it. If you place your highest bid at the last second, you're much more likely not to get fucked over by someone else's last-minute temptation to bid really high.
Caina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:

Yeah, that is what I was saying. My own fault, wasn't clear enough in my own post. I have 'sniped' a few times this way, but have far more frequently been sniped that way, haha.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
SepticSchizo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually wait till the auction is a minute or two from close, then enter my maximum bid. If you enter your max bid too soon, like dayse before, it will increase the price.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SepticSchizo wrote:
I usually wait till the auction is a minute or two from close, then enter my maximum bid. If you enter your max bid too soon, like dayse before, it will increase the price.

I'll usually put a preliminary mid-sized bid and then if I'm around by the auctions end, increase my max bid if it's something i really want.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never understand why people put high bids 5 days before the auction ends.
chrisandrea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
chrisandrea wrote:

Well, if you have the amount of money needed you can hire some russian or chechen professional and the job is done.

Very amusing Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kojiri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
I will never understand why people put high bids 5 days before the auction ends.

Maybe they're rich and busy and just set the bar really high early & don't care if they have to overpay. I hate those guys (I wish I was those guys).

decimator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisandrea wrote:

its an automated online service in most cases. free or payed for. set up minutes/hours/days in advance. sometimes you can predict you'll win something way ahead of time, if you have cash to burn. Dont have to worry about your browser conking out in the last minute.

Trade/Sale References: IXTAB, Unholy Horde, Kakarot SS5, DSS, Lohmarizer, CultofVomit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: