P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ebay snipers....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkrider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: ebay snipers.... Reply with quote

I just recently got sniped for this, and i was pretty pissed off. 5 seconds left too.

So what are some of your stories of getting "Sniped" on ebay.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as eBay is concerned, I can understand the complaints when it happens to you, but if you don't at least snipe a bit yourself, you're pretty foolish.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
probert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just gotta time it right and put in a high bid if you really want it.. like for that if you put in 50, you wouldnt have to pay 50 if you won, youd have to pay what the next highest bidder bid. im sure you know that though.

that said, i hate bidding.
decimator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether its fair or not... well thats up to you. Its efficient and stress free to set your limits early then go do more important things, like... i dunno.. sleep. Ive lost many auctions like that, but ive never broken the budget due to last minute temptations.

Trade/Sale References: IXTAB, Unholy Horde, Kakarot SS5, DSS, Lohmarizer, CultofVomit
minge-eater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to stop sniping, just enter the highest amount your willing to pay. If it goes higher then youve lost nothing.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
probert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
to stop sniping, just enter the highest amount your willing to pay. If it goes higher then youve lost nothing.

thats a better version of what i was trying to say. Smile
The_Elite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

THIS.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

THIS.

That's what I do when I'm not the sniper.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Caina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

This. That's what I always do, except I normally put £0.02/03 higher than the highest 'round' number I'm prepared to pay, just because some people snipe you by, say, going to £50.01 if your max is £50.00. You can't moan if someone legitimately bids 'higher' than you, but when it's a few pence, I do get pissed off.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
minge-eater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caina wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

This. That's what I always do, except I normally put £0.02/03 higher than the highest 'round' number I'm prepared to pay, just because some people snipe you by, say, going to £50.01 if your max is £50.00. You can't moan if someone legitimately bids 'higher' than you, but when it's a few pence, I do get pissed off.

you cant really lose by a few pence as ebay only lets you bid upward increments of 0.50 or more.

TRUE KVNT
probert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-

are you aware that your image in your sig has been a "photobucket bandwidth exceeded" image for the past few days? i thought you might not know since it could be in your cache or whatever.. i can host it on my site if you want, no problems there. pm me if you want.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
minge-

are you aware that your image in your sig has been a "photobucket bandwidth exceeded" image for the past few days? i thought you might not know since it could be in your cache or whatever.. i can host it on my site if you want, no problems there. pm me if you want.

of its not back up in thenext couple days, ill take u up on your offer

TRUE KVNT
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
Caina wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

you cant really lose by a few pence as ebay only lets you bid upward increments of 0.50 or more.

You can, I have.
Let's say an item is at 10 euro. You bid 15 euro. Price of the auction rises to 10,50 euro. Last second someone bids 15,01 euro. He wins the auction with one cent.

I always snipe. People (and also me) have a tendency to go over the maximum price they have set for themselves when an auction is about to end. I make one bid only, 5 seconds before the end.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
Caina wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

You can, I have.
Let's say an item is at 10 euro. You bid 15 euro. Price of the auction rises to 10,50 euro. Last second someone bids 15,01 euro. He wins the auction with one cent.

I always snipe. People (and also me) have a tendency to go over the maximum price they have set for themselves when an auction is about to end. I make one bid only, 5 seconds before the end.

ive tried bidding only the 1 cent more and ebay wont let me , it will only let me bid at a set amount higherm ive lost items because i didnt put a high enough amount .

TRUE KVNT
probert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, what he is saying is like..

say the auction is at 10 dollars you are willing to pay 15, someone else out there is also willing to pay 15, so when its at 10 dollars you put in a bid of 15.03 or whatever.. and the other person just puts 15.. at the end you will have won the auction because of the extra 3 cents. i use this tactic always when bidding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: