P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Deceased... - Worship The Coffin 2-CD question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
king fowley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mordbrann wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
I've had one guy complain about the Deceased 2x CD set purchased through me. The copy I randomly played worked just fine.
Yeah that would be me. The discs have a lot of small flecks missing off the label side. Can't easily see unless you have a light source nearby. Not sure if it's the way they were shipped (mine came in a regular jewel case with both discs + patch crammed inside) or if it's a manufacturing issue. The labels are pretty thin regardless. Chinese quality for ya.

Yosuke took care of my problem, but I'm bummed about not having a good copy. Not gonna go for another one as I did that with the Manes - Svarte Skoger discs only to have 2 fucked up copies.

i can tell you wang sends them very well in the mails!
all packed great and safely! nothing was loose or rolling around in the least!
can't say anything if it is just china cheap presses. again, to date i've had only 1 person have a problem with the set in the hundreds i've moved.
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Deceased... - Worship The Coffin 2-CD question Reply with quote

Mordbrann wrote:
peterott wrote:
Does anyone else have a playing problem with this 2-CD as well ?

Disc 1 plays 3.5 songs then stops and I can't hassle the CD-player to play any song that follows.

Disc 2 you can hear rotating as hell in the CD-player and a small bump against the HiFi-rack causes the CD to stop. Also the sound is totally shit (clicking noise) but I presume this comes from the rotating problem.
Is this an older CD drive or a DVD device? Sometimes the drives aren't very tolerant of errors. Others (usually dedicated devices) prebuffer ahead so you shouldn't hear the clicking you describe. Regardless, it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

It's a Denon CD-player which handles a lot of CDs that are by far worse. That's the first CD (even both CDs of the pack) which really make problems. The 2 CDs were also sent stapled in a normal jewel case and the two "silver" sides were not on top and bottom. But this doesn't explain why both CDs fail.
Mordbrann

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of players are very good at handling scratches on the silver side. Damage to the label side you're basically fucked, since right underneath the label is where the audio data is stored. I'm betting this is the problem. Hold the disc up to a light and if you can see little spots of light you can be sure the label side is to blame.

Maybe we just got unlucky? I'd be interesting in knowing if anybody else can detect if the label is damaged on their disc, even if it appears to play well. Really want to fill this gap in my Deceased discog, but not for another damaged copy. At least I have the patch Razz

Mordbrann 001: Beneath (ISL) - Hollow Empty Void
Good traders: Wrathorn [3], headnhalf, addison, leizla
Mordbrann

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

king fowley wrote:
i can tell you wang sends them very well in the mails!
all packed great and safely! nothing was loose or rolling around in the least!
can't say anything if it is just china cheap presses. again, to date i've had only 1 person have a problem with the set in the hundreds i've moved.
My two discs came together in a single jewel with the patch, but given how close I am to NWNow I can't see the discs being jostled around _that_ much to cause that sort of damage. Like I say though, the labels are thin, so maybe it didn't take much.

Mordbrann 001: Beneath (ISL) - Hollow Empty Void
Good traders: Wrathorn [3], headnhalf, addison, leizla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: