P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NEW IMPRECATION TRACK!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever arguments that can be made about their recordings; i can assure you that "live", they are still a very powerful band!!!
i think they're new material is really good and i also think they picked up exactly where they left off years ago (except for their black metal period which there does exist a 3 song demo!).
dimensional

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm gonna see 'em on the 26th at Walter's. Looking forward to it for sure!
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimensional wrote:
Yeah I'm gonna see 'em on the 26th at Walter's. Looking forward to it for sure!

Hell yeah!
matt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, will be cool to see both of you there!!
Damnations Pride

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Last edited by Damnations Pride on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damnations Pride

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="Damnations Pride"]
Quote:
The characteristic personal sound IMPRECATION have always had its absolutely lost, their identity.

I have to disagree here. From my point of view Imprecation never had their own unique sound, since it varied quite a lot between every recording. Their originality, or identity as you said, rises from those features I mentioned above, thus I wouldn't judge this new effort only for the reason that it has different sound than on the releases from the early '90s.

I think this is good continuation to the older stuff they made, musicwise and soundwise.

I don't know what IMPRECATION release you have listened to, but you can listen to the demo tape, and the rest of the stuff to the last promo tape released back in the day, and sounds FAR different from this crap recordered today. Only the guitars sound a bit closer to the old days, but not the Ruben Elizondo characteristical way of pounding the drums.
dimensional

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that. Everything is still there, to me. The riffs hail to their glory days and the drums are definitely good. The only thing I'd prefer is for the vocals to be more like what they were 15 years ago, but even then they aren't bad by any stretch. Seems like we will have to agree to disagree.
Damnations Pride

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep it short: BLASPHERIAN sounds closer to IMPRECATION than IMPRECATION itself Wink
Necrosis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know what IMPRECATION release you have listened to

Well, I've only Theurgia Goetia Summa released as a split with the TottenKorps album, but it's enough to tell that their identity wasn't based only on guitar sound or drum sound. At least not from my point of view.

And yes, the new song sounds different than the songs from early '90s, I admitted that on my previous post. But, I said also that their identity consists rather from the musical qualities (guitar riffs, occasional keyboards, lyrics etc.), which are pretty much the same as before. And this was my point and the reason not to judge it only for the slightly more modern drum/guitar sound.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrosis wrote:
And yes, the new song sounds different than the songs from early '90s, I admitted that on my previous post. But, I said also that their identity consists rather from the musical qualities (guitar riffs, occasional keyboards, lyrics etc.), which are pretty much the same as before. And this was my point and the reason not to judge it only for the slightly more modern drum/guitar sound.

It's clearly the same band writing the songs. Production and the rough edges of skill change, the minds behind it do not.

Also, production is 100% fucking irrelevant and for poseurs only. haha
dimensional

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnations Pride wrote:
To keep it short: BLASPHERIAN sounds closer to IMPRECATION than IMPRECATION itself Wink

Nah, not by a long shot.

Conservationist wrote:

Guess I'm a poseur then...
throneofmight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great song!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grimlord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, seems to be a ruckus over our production! We as a band do not feel that any explanations need to be given on how our new material might sound, but I would like to point out that when we recorded "Ceremony of the Nine Angles" and "Sigil of Baphomet" the ONLY choice that we could find to execute these recordings was ANALOG REEL TO REEL....it is nearly impossible to find that kind of situation in existence today, everything is digital. None the less, we tried to keep the session as raw as possible. What you hear on this track is just us sluggin it out.

On that note, we are behind our new material 100%. If you like it; horns up to you! If you don't we don't give a flying fuck! Our objective is certainly NOT to focus on trying to mimic our sound of the past, but just to write blasphemies that so fits our mood on that particular session. It has always been that way, all of our recordings prove it!

For those who care, the two new songs will appear on a 7 inch entitled "Sigil of Lucifer" and will be released on Negativity records sometime before years end. Artwork is amazing and has been done by Daniel Shaw and will be pressed as picture vinyl. The songs to appear on this release will be "On Cursed Heretic Thorns" and "Baptized in Devil's Blood".

After this release we will focus on our full length LP scheduled to be released on Die Todesrune records, along with the re-release of "Theurgia Goetia Summa" on Die Todesrune as well!
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimensional wrote:
Conservationist wrote:

Guess I'm a poseur then...

Well, at least you don't spend most of your time talking bollocks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: