P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

How much time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motorbreath86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to music for six hours/day. We'are allowed to do that at work because they say it stimulates creativity and bla bla bla. I mean, I can't listen anything new while doing something. Listening experiences are done only when the proper formats/situations are possible.
nonwave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all day, but some days it's just my own music because i mix and master my own releases. i don't really listen to music for aural "pleasure" anymore because some of the frequency notches in my hearing are missing, so all music - live or recorded - sounds like a fucking AM radio to me. i mostly listen to music on an intellectual level and then process that information to get the visceral aspect. i don't know if anybody understands what i'm saying . . . basically music evokes things for me still, but it doesn't actually sound "good" to me most of the time.
Allowance of Sin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least 8 hours on weekdays if not more. I have the luxury of working a job where I drive all day, and my company vehicle has a CD player.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around an hour to two hours a day. Since college started back I am swamped with typing papers and studying for test, so my music listening is cut down quite a bit.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The control room where I work, which is pretty much a lone post except for dayshifts and occasionally when the supervisor comes through allows me to listen to music for the entire 12hr shift. During the days I have to keep the volume lower and once inawhile shut it off completely for management tours ect ect to keep the image of professionalism up.

Lately though (for 5 months now since our fire + looking at possibly another further 8 months yet) I have basically only listened to music, read books, and watched movies for every single one of my shifts. If not for the internet being cut off due to abuse, I would probably have lived on this forum posting useless crap and adding to every other useless crap post. Laughing

At home I generally have music on quite often as well. Not into TV very much, and music in the background just seems neccessary. Being able to really put 100% attention into an album is another story though. Wink
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:
all day, but some days it's just my own music because i mix and master my own releases. i don't really listen to music for aural "pleasure" anymore because some of the frequency notches in my hearing are missing, so all music - live or recorded - sounds like a fucking AM radio to me. i mostly listen to music on an intellectual level and then process that information to get the visceral aspect. i don't know if anybody understands what i'm saying . . . basically music evokes things for me still, but it doesn't actually sound "good" to me most of the time.

i feel bad for you man Sad

on a week day, i probably listen to music for about 1-2 hours before bed, when i'm trying to wind down and relax. during the weekend, maybe 4 - 6 depending on if make the 2 hour drive home to visit friends in san antonio.

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:

Yeah that brings me to another question actually: do you find it harder (as age and responsibilities creep up) to concentrate on what you are listening to? I find sometimes that I don't have as much time to really get sucked in to the totality of the atmosphere of an album, like I did when I was younger.

it has gotten increasingly hard to listen to music as i've gotten older and more chained to the 8-5 prison of work. it wasn't as bad when i was at my older job with a moar flexible schedule. i actually think when i lived by myself and i had the full responsibility of living expenses, rent etc. i have a hell of a lot less to worry about now, i'm actually living with mom and pops again Embarassed , but it's harder to find time to sit down and jus' worship the sacred frequencies in peace.
ias

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT ENOUGH! I'VE LOST IT!
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
Two to three hours per day depending on how much orders and trades I need to pack up. Good listening experiences are rare these days.

Yeah that brings me to another question actually: do you find it harder (as age and responsibilities creep up) to concentrate on what you are listening to? I find sometimes that I don't have as much time to really get sucked in to the totality of the atmosphere of an album, like I did when I was younger.

Yes, thatīs really a point here ! I find myself too often putting on a new record and doing all kind of things in between, leaving the room to pick up something, doing this and that and so on. And when the recordīs over I wonder how that sounded what I just listened to ! Very Happy

This happens to me all the time so I've now started ripping them and burning to CD so I can hear them in my car. I'm always amazed that some albums are so great and I only gave them half an ear when they were on my turntable, sad really.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapalika wrote:
It varies to a great degree, there are even days without any music.

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:

Definitely. It also depends on the mood how well I can absorb the music. Reducing the amount of newly bought music helps to concentrate on the essential stuff. Wink
It happens that I really appreciate a new record one or two months after its initial purchase due to not being able to listen to it thoroughly.

Immersing oneself into the entirety of music, lyrics and artwork is not the norm as it used to be. It still happens, luckily, but less frequently.

I agree with that!
LorteBrian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never when im in school, but allways when im at home
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorteBrian wrote:

enjoy it while you can!
LorteBrian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
LorteBrian wrote:

enjoy it while you can!

haha! Cool
morbid palace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weekends about 3-4 hours and weekdays 1-2 hours, depenting on what im doing.
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Workdays: On the way to work, lunch and back home. Then probably 2-4 albums the rest of the night

Days off: I try to go through and pick out 5-7 albums to listen to through the day. A few get concentrated on, a few during dinner, pc time, cleaning...etc...

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
NecroSemen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It often varies for me.
I'd say around 3 hours during the week and on the weekends 3-5.
I also have the benefit of being able to listen to music at work, since my boss is never around.
Although I have to tolerate whatever shit my co-workers blast through the computer speakers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: