P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

How much time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on the day, what i'm doing etc. With work, I usually get a guaranteed 3-4 hours straight, if not more. When home I will listen to as few as 1-2 albums a day, and as many as 10-15 depending on length, and how occupied I am. I also have gone a day or so with no music due to having to do other obligations that i'm unable to give anything justice.

Anytime I buy or receive something new, I do however take the time to listen to it before shelving it, and refuse to have more than 3-5 things at a time sitting around, so i try to do that as soon as possible, longest I think a record's gone without a play is like 3-4 days.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan_the_snake wrote:
Five days a week, seven hours a day (at work). Only bummer is it's CDs only. Wish I could bring my vinyl to work cuz I don't get as much of a chance to listen to it on the weekends at home. I'm usually busy and the record player is in the living room and my housemates do NOT like metal.

Great! What do you do, if you don't mind my asking?
Goat_Wulf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 5 hours per day aprox, and the weekend a 10 hours
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Two to three hours per day depending on how much orders and trades I need to pack up. Good listening experiences are rare these days.

Yeah that brings me to another question actually: do you find it harder (as age and responsibilities creep up) to concentrate on what you are listening to? I find sometimes that I don't have as much time to really get sucked in to the totality of the atmosphere of an album, like I did when I was younger.
Skoll

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to music on my lunchbreaks, on the way to and from work, at work when I'm going through queues and then play guitar when I'm at home and LP's on the weekend. Probably 20-40 hours a week, usually revolving around a few albums.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
Two to three hours per day depending on how much orders and trades I need to pack up. Good listening experiences are rare these days.

Yeah that brings me to another question actually: do you find it harder (as age and responsibilities creep up) to concentrate on what you are listening to? I find sometimes that I don't have as much time to really get sucked in to the totality of the atmosphere of an album, like I did when I was younger.

Yes, thatīs really a point here ! I find myself too often putting on a new record and doing all kind of things in between, leaving the room to pick up something, doing this and that and so on. And when the recordīs over I wonder how that sounded what I just listened to ! Very Happy

Depending on how much I drive for work a day I listen to CDīs for 1-3 hours a day in the car. Maybe one more hour being at home, and every 2-3 days another 1 or 2 hours when putting trades/orders together. On the weekends itīs luckily a lot more !
avrlabel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one hour per one day...
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
ryan_the_snake wrote:
Five days a week, seven hours a day (at work). Only bummer is it's CDs only. Wish I could bring my vinyl to work cuz I don't get as much of a chance to listen to it on the weekends at home. I'm usually busy and the record player is in the living room and my housemates do NOT like metal.

Great! What do you do, if you don't mind my asking?

I work at a bicycle manufacturer putting decals on bike frames. I work alone (for now) so I can listen to whatever I want all day.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music listening time varies from day to day for me. Right now I am doing some really time consuming studies, so I only really get to relax with some records for an hour or so at the end of the day, and sometimes I am too tired to even do that. Some days though, especially on weekends, I can set aside a few hours for that kind of stuff.
Like a lot of other people I get my best music listening done on the road. Total meditation of the highway, no distractions, just zone out and fucking absorb some metal, that's my kind of drive.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 hours at work + 3 or 4 hours at home normally on week days. Around the same amount on weekends.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Karan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
one hour per one day...

About that...just on my way to work (which is really near my house) and about 30 more mins. at home in the might in the laptop.
Sometimes I have a day without listening to music, and then the next day, metal sounds more powerful...
Caina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My situation is similar to dalecooper's in that I can have my iPod on pretty much all day at work if I feel like it (don't always depending on workload), so normally average around 5/6 hrs a day on that, then usually listen to two or three albums when I get home. When I'm in on the weekend or doing PhD stuff music is on basically all the time I'm awake.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Kapalika

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It varies to a great degree, there are even days without any music.

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:

Definitely. It also depends on the mood how well I can absorb the music. Reducing the amount of newly bought music helps to concentrate on the essential stuff. Wink
It happens that I really appreciate a new record one or two months after its initial purchase due to not being able to listen to it thoroughly.

Immersing oneself into the entirety of music, lyrics and artwork is not the norm as it used to be. It still happens, luckily, but less frequently.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

Yes, thatīs really a point here ! I find myself too often putting on a new record and doing all kind of things in between, leaving the room to pick up something, doing this and that and so on. And when the recordīs over I wonder how that sounded what I just listened to ! Very Happy

Depending on how much I drive for work a day I listen to CDīs for 1-3 hours a day in the car. Maybe one more hour being at home, and every 2-3 days another 1 or 2 hours when putting trades/orders together. On the weekends itīs luckily a lot more !

I've also done this from time to time, but sometime on those days where I am doing things and want to play a record in the background or many leave the room or doing this and that I put the records on i'm more familiar with, because then it's more casual, having played them so many times. It's really good when you put it on and hear your favorite track, or listen to a track again you have not heard in a while, which can be very enjoyable sometimes.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly any chance to listen to music during the day time since I'm not allowed to listen to my MP3's at work unless I'm out for lunch. I was forced to listen to the Top 40 garbage from one of my supervisors in the room.

Weekends and nights are my good times to listen to music, which I do a fair bit. Probably 3-4 hours during weeknights and much more during the weekends.

T/S List: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4783
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: