P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Budapest recommendations
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1581
Location: ger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Budapest recommendations Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am going to visit Budapest for three days.
Is there anyone here from Budapest who can recommend any morbid/strange/remarkable site to visit besides the usual sight seeing places that got listed in every budapest travel guide??? some strong places of art (deco) or historical significance? any tips?

any good metal record shops? Rolling Eyes

thank you very much!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1581
Location: ger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one from hungary here?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nikslived



Joined: 12 May 2008
Posts: 92
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Shop:
CD PINCE
Address: VII. ker. Erzsébet krt 37.
Tel: +36-1-3519503
Email: cdpince@t-online.hu

Tons of CD's, LP's, Shirt's, relics, secondhand CD's... etc...
Do you want look all the stuff... minimum 3 hour (or more)!
Date of the travel?
17th of September - ARTILLERY in Budapest!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1581
Location: ger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikslived wrote:
Metal Shop:
CD PINCE
Address: VII. ker. Erzsébet krt 37.
Tel: +36-1-3519503
Email: cdpince@t-online.hu

Tons of CD's, LP's, Shirt's, relics, secondhand CD's... etc...
Do you want look all the stuff... minimum 3 hour (or more)!
Date of the travel?
17th of September - ARTILLERY in Budapest!!!


cool, thanks.
artillery gig comes too early...but I will attend the shop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GROUND ZERO Entertainment



Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 864
Location: USA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Budapest back in 1985 while I was living in Bucharest - Romania.
Both countries were still Communist at the time (obviously)...
But the difference between the two was amazing!
Bucharest was a brutal, stark Stalinist shit hole. No music, only a couple hours of TV Broadcasting a day, no bars, only a couple restaurants, no shows of any kind at all...
Then we take the train into Budapest, and as we go to catch a Taxi by the train station there is a huge MOTORHEAD Tour Poster on the wall outside the station, and bars everywhere...
we found several record stores, & Poster / Pin / Patch Stores... Still have some bootleg METALLICA - Ride The Lightning & Venom Posters I picked up on that trip... and some cool little Band Logo Stick pins... not exactly buttons, but the the band logo on a circular disc, and then a long sorta hat pin thing on the back...

Anyway, the difference between the 2 Capital cities in those days was like night and day....
_________________
Label:
www.MySpace.com/GZEomaha
Distro:
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2669
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of Radu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1581
Location: ger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:
Beware of Radu.


Radu?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2669
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Candlemass



Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 1658

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:


Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1581
Location: ger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:
Beware of Radu.


isn't he dead already?



ok, that was a bad one Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wraith



Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 2525

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GROUND ZERO Entertainment wrote:
I went to Budapest back in 1985 while I was living in Bucharest - Romania.
Both countries were still Communist at the time (obviously)...
But the difference between the two was amazing!
Bucharest was a brutal, stark Stalinist shit hole. No music, only a couple hours of TV Broadcasting a day, no bars, only a couple restaurants, no shows of any kind at all...
Then we take the train into Budapest, and as we go to catch a Taxi by the train station there is a huge MOTORHEAD Tour Poster on the wall outside the station, and bars everywhere...
we found several record stores, & Poster / Pin / Patch Stores... Still have some bootleg METALLICA - Ride The Lightning & Venom Posters I picked up on that trip... and some cool little Band Logo Stick pins... not exactly buttons, but the the band logo on a circular disc, and then a long sorta hat pin thing on the back...

Anyway, the difference between the 2 Capital cities in those days was like night and day....


It's now more than ten years since now I have been to Budapest and I can tell similar experiences: There were a lot of record-stores, clubs and other places you can go. The only thing I was disappointed was that I was searching for Tormentor's Anno Domini and no one had a clue about it, but everyone wanted to sell me CDs from Hungarian band "Omen". Guess I was just in the wrong stores...but the women there were amazing!

As for the difference between Bukarest/Budapest: I am not an expert but I think this is not much better now: That maniac Ceaucescu or whatever he was called ruined Romania completely and I guess they are still suffering from these times. Hungary on the other side was one of the first countries in the "Warszaw Pact" that tried to break the chains of communism, so maybe they were always more "pro-west".

Correct me if I am wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2669
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
morbiddeceiver wrote:
Beware of Radu.


isn't he dead already?



ok, that was a bad one Confused


Man, that is great!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nekrokunt_Usurper



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 2986
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
GROUND ZERO Entertainment wrote:
I went to Budapest back in 1985 while I was living in Bucharest - Romania.
Both countries were still Communist at the time (obviously)...
But the difference between the two was amazing!
Bucharest was a brutal, stark Stalinist shit hole. No music, only a couple hours of TV Broadcasting a day, no bars, only a couple restaurants, no shows of any kind at all...
Then we take the train into Budapest, and as we go to catch a Taxi by the train station there is a huge MOTORHEAD Tour Poster on the wall outside the station, and bars everywhere...
we found several record stores, & Poster / Pin / Patch Stores... Still have some bootleg METALLICA - Ride The Lightning & Venom Posters I picked up on that trip... and some cool little Band Logo Stick pins... not exactly buttons, but the the band logo on a circular disc, and then a long sorta hat pin thing on the back...

Anyway, the difference between the 2 Capital cities in those days was like night and day....


It's now more than ten years since now I have been to Budapest and I can tell similar experiences: There were a lot of record-stores, clubs and other places you can go. The only thing I was disappointed was that I was searching for Tormentor's Anno Domini and no one had a clue about it, but everyone wanted to sell me CDs from Hungarian band "Omen". Guess I was just in the wrong stores...but the women there were amazing!

As for the difference between Bukarest/Budapest: I am not an expert but I think this is not much better now: That maniac Ceaucescu or whatever he was called ruined Romania completely and I guess they are still suffering from these times. Hungary on the other side was one of the first countries in the "Warszaw Pact" that tried to break the chains of communism, so maybe they were always more "pro-west".

Correct me if I am wrong.


Well Hungary before being converted to Communism was a fascist state allied with Hitler during WWII so dunno if thats fully accurate, but guess they never fully took to Communism because as you said, they were one of the first to break away in Eastern Europe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wraith



Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 2525

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:

Well Hungary before being converted to Communism was a fascist state allied with Hitler during WWII so dunno if thats fully accurate


It was the same in Romania, as far as I know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1581
Location: ger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any metal-selling record shops besides the one mentioned above??? Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group