P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Faking it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOTO wrote:
shocking revelations


I was sitting in Hooters, the dude strolled by all hip hop and I was like what the fuck ? Had to look twice.
Maybe he's completely crossed over now, havn't seen this guy at any recent shows come to think of it.

Being diverse is not such a bad thing, I'm just not so understanding on how one can like all black jeans and leather, and then also when no one is looking be fine looking like Flavor Flav.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
harmless



Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 2139
Location: 101 Reykjavík, Iceland.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is the 'shocking revelation'? it does not show here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Esoteric



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line is, too many people are desperately wanting to be apart of a sub-culture. This one just happens to be metal. I'm sure many people on this forum alone who just like writing a 'zine for the hell of it (just to be able to say they're apart of something or to feel important, let's face it, there isn't much need for old-fashioned 'zines and interviews anymore since we've got the internet, we could simply add a band on myspace and ask some of these questions ourselves, but people still feel compelled to want to stick out from the crowd) or making a shit demo just to get a name out there and feel like they're contributing are very much guilty of this "faking it" scheme.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blasphemophizer



Joined: 16 May 2009
Posts: 758
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
I like the idea of Cannibal Corpse as mainstream stuff. I mean the gross-out factor has a certain broad appeal because teenage boys love guts and dead babies... but mainstream? Hmm.

Coming soon to a theater near you: "Tomb of the Mutilated, the Musical!" Starring Miley Cyrus as Sexy Corpse, Zac Efron as the zombie, and Tom Hanks as the stern but lovable teacher who unites them through their mutual love of singing, dancing, and devouring intestines. Serious Oscar buzz is already building for Miley and Phil Collins' melodious take on "I Cum Blood."


Ok, Maybe those bands aren't mainstream, but WAY more mainstream than stuff like Blasphemy, or Dismember.
_________________
Trade / Sale List: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7938
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Esoteric



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphemophizer wrote:
dalecooper wrote:
I like the idea of Cannibal Corpse as mainstream stuff. I mean the gross-out factor has a certain broad appeal because teenage boys love guts and dead babies... but mainstream? Hmm.

Coming soon to a theater near you: "Tomb of the Mutilated, the Musical!" Starring Miley Cyrus as Sexy Corpse, Zac Efron as the zombie, and Tom Hanks as the stern but lovable teacher who unites them through their mutual love of singing, dancing, and devouring intestines. Serious Oscar buzz is already building for Miley and Phil Collins' melodious take on "I Cum Blood."


Ok, Maybe those bands aren't mainstream, but WAY more mainstream than stuff like Blasphemy, or Dismember.


It's pretty damn near Mainstream, there's a cartoon (Dethklok) that is based on a lot of real metal, including Cannibal Corpse. Dethklok CD at Target in my book = MAINSTREAM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Portentum



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 425
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoteric wrote:
Bottom line is, too many people are desperately wanting to be apart of a sub-culture. This one just happens to be metal. I'm sure many people on this forum alone who just like writing a 'zine for the hell of it (just to be able to say they're apart of something or to feel important, let's face it, there isn't much need for old-fashioned 'zines and interviews anymore since we've got the internet, we could simply add a band on myspace and ask some of these questions ourselves, but people still feel compelled to want to stick out from the crowd) or making a shit demo just to get a name out there and feel like they're contributing are very much guilty of this "faking it" scheme.



Hmmmh, I think doing a cut´n paste zine f.e. is a good way to keep traditions of the metal-underground scene alive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
formaldehigh



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read threads like this one it makes me wonder if everyone on this board is 15 years old. Are you really so concerned with what other people are doing? This is really some Hot Topic teenager shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2952
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoteric wrote:

It's pretty damn near Mainstream, there's a cartoon (Dethklok) that is based on a lot of real metal, including Cannibal Corpse. Dethklok CD at Target in my book = MAINSTREAM.


When Dethklok (or any CD at Target) has a cover that looks like this, I'll concede the point.
_________________
http://unspeakableaxerecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

formaldehigh wrote:
When I read threads like this one it makes me wonder if everyone on this board is 15 years old. Are you really so concerned with what other people are doing? This is really some Hot Topic teenager shit.


If one wants to push this view point further... we could also add anyone that actually comes to a forum could be 15.
After all most questions asked are probably easily found out through a few google searches at ones own searching with a little ambition.
The long thread of recent bragging rights called the recent vinyl scores is another fine example of making damned sure everyone knows how metal you are, and of course the t-shirt one as well.

There is also the ebay is gay which generally suggests everyone here is desperately searching ebay constantly looking for more vinyls to keep the recent vinyl score thread alive etc etc.


I'm guessing fingers could be pointed from many hands to each and everyone here depending on opinion about who is a poser, of course when you point a finger three more point back at yourself. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schoolslave



Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 566
Location: USA/GER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares?

I grew up with metal, it was the only thing to do in a small southern german village (besides re enacting ww2 in the forests and beating on turks hah).

If you like the music, then it's all that should matter to you, not what random douchebag poser #430867 is doing.
Although those die hard collectors who hoard records and never play them do piss me off.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schoolslave wrote:

Although those die hard collectors who hoard records and never play them do piss me off.......


This is what Dragons do though. Razz
They hoard and they sleep amongst that hoard never letting anything go no matter how meaningless or trifle it is. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schoolslave



Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 566
Location: USA/GER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
schoolslave wrote:

Although those die hard collectors who hoard records and never play them do piss me off.......


This is what Dragons do though. Razz
They hoard and they sleep amongst that hoard never letting anything go no matter how meaningless or trifle it is. Laughing


Well, I guess i should exclude power metal fanatics then....... oooooh look at me I am a DRAGON! No one shall ever touch my precioussssszzzz Die Hards!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schoolslave wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
schoolslave wrote:

Although those die hard collectors who hoard records and never play them do piss me off.......


This is what Dragons do though. Razz
They hoard and they sleep amongst that hoard never letting anything go no matter how meaningless or trifle it is. Laughing


Well, I guess i should exclude power metal fanatics then....... oooooh look at me I am a DRAGON! No one shall ever touch my precioussssszzzz Die Hards!!!!!


All you have to stay wary of is those Power Metal fags.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schoolslave



Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 566
Location: USA/GER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
schoolslave wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
schoolslave wrote:

Although those die hard collectors who hoard records and never play them do piss me off.......


This is what Dragons do though. Razz
They hoard and they sleep amongst that hoard never letting anything go no matter how meaningless or trifle it is. Laughing


Well, I guess i should exclude power metal fanatics then....... oooooh look at me I am a DRAGON! No one shall ever touch my precioussssszzzz Die Hards!!!!!


All you have to stay wary of is those Power Metal fags.


Ya, they might breathe fire Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4888
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
schoolslave wrote:

Although those die hard collectors who hoard records and never play them do piss me off.......


This is what Dragons do though. Razz
They hoard and they sleep amongst that hoard never letting anything go no matter how meaningless or trifle it is. Laughing


Really? I always thought dragons were too busy not existing to hoard things.
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group