P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

When buying multiple records for Ebay vs personal trades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: When buying multiple records for Ebay vs personal trades Reply with quote

Seeing how many people are pissed off because the FAOD die hards selling out in no time and ending up on Ebay just the day after, I'd like to know your opinion about the difference between purchasing multiple copies of such limited and anticipated releases with the mere intention of reselling them through auctions, and grabbing a bunch of the same albums with the aim of keeping them on hold for personal trades against other rare items.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only difference is that these assholes are not looking to get anything but fast cash. People who buy multiple copies for future trades are looking to get records in return. I think the latter scenario is perfectly acceptable.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Goab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you but if several people buy multiple copies (taking advantage for example on their financial situation against others), this makes the release become rarer since it isn't as spreaded and available for less maniacs and so it becomes a rarity increasing the value of the album almost automatically. It's the law of the offer and the demand, and yes, I know that this practice exist since the record collector's madness started but with the internet burst, things seems to be a little bit out of control.
Opolus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't have any problems whatsoever with ebay at all, but if people just buy multiple copies in the first place, just to make big bucks it doesn't make me cry into my sleep actually, but it doesn't feel right to me. On the other hand, if there's a market, and there's people paying such -mostly- ridiculous prices, it's merely plain economy, so to speak. Having said this, I can't get rid of the feeling, that A LOT of folks are simply too lazy to look out for certain releases initially, like "I don't care, as it'll show up on ebay anyway", because there's so much stuff being sold overpriced, while it's still being available, be it directly from the labels themselves and/or other mailorders. When it comes to those fuckers, I think the more they pay, the better!!
Goab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, teher's people who don't pay much attention about hot release that sell out fast trusting that Ebay will assure them their copy. On the other hand I think that folks with limited cash should have a hard time seeing how some items become overpriced and how difficult will be for them to lay thier hands on certain releases even on Ebay. If the FAOD die hards are being sold for nearly $ 150 two weeks after their release, how much these will cost in 10 years?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone Awl die hard don't sell for much these days so go figure. I think it all depends on how crazy/dumb people are.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: