P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

re-issuing cycles?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: re-issuing cycles? Reply with quote

I don't know how this works, but my basic question is: will NWN ever sell Fallen Angel of Doom, Live Ritual, or Satanic Blood Angel again? I would have to imagine these are NWNs most popular "releases." and speaking of Live Ritual: anybody else think the rehearsal is cooler than the live show?
Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: re-issuing cycles? Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
and speaking of Live Ritual: anybody else think the rehearsal is cooler than the live show?

Musically, the rehearsal is cooler, because you hear more details of the songs. But the live-show is so crazy ("we're not the beatles", "last call on the bar", drummer blasts on after song's finished), so they are equal.

Wink

Anyway, my CD is scratched, so a re-release would be fine. Downloading sucks more and more.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Yosuke would have to answer that, but generally he tends to reissue things when it fits into the release schedule and when it's a popular release that will sell quickly, and help finance other projects. I assume it's also a matter of getting the band's consent - most small labels don't have the rights to reissue their own releases infinitely.
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
...and help finance other projects...

...most small labels don't have the rights to reissue their own releases infinitely.

gotcha. thanks for the good info. I've been wondering how this generally works.
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: re-issuing cycles? Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
Pro Abortion wrote:
and speaking of Live Ritual: anybody else think the rehearsal is cooler than the live show?

Musically, the rehearsal is cooler, because you hear more details of the songs. But the live-show is so crazy ("we're not the beatles", "last call on the bar", drummer blasts on after song's finished), so they are equal.

Wink

Anyway, my CD is scratched, so a re-release would be fine. Downloading sucks more and more.

heh, good call
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: re-issuing cycles? Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
Pro Abortion wrote:

Wink

"Black Winds, your presence is need on the stage ASAP! "
Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the very few live-records I like.
20 Buck Spin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my label I'll repress popular records, but not at the expense of releasing new ones. So if I have enough money to do both I will, but priority always goes to new ones.
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost sure represses of Blasphemy in next two years are impossible and senless.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
I'm almost sure represses of Blasphemy in next two years are impossible and senless.

Agreed, except for the live album. But I have the original LP, so donīt need a repress.
Father_Fuck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd rather see a new "Live Ritual" LP. I think Blasphemy's last show ever would be an amazing release.

The diehard could have a bag of dirt from Ross Bay Cemetary Laughing
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
One of the very few live-records I like.

Same here, and that's mainly due to some of the novelties already mentioned, like the onstage banter and the "last call" coming through the PA. Sound-wise, it's not bad, though, especially for having been done on a mini-disc.
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Deathammer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: re-issuing cycles? Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Pro Abortion wrote:

Wink

BEST LIVE RECORD EVER!!!

"This next song goes to the powerlifting skins... Fallen Angel of Doom"
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: re-issuing cycles? Reply with quote

Deathammer wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Pro Abortion wrote:

Wink

BEST LIVE RECORD EVER!!!

"This next song goes to the powerlifting skins... Fallen Angel of
Doom"

Maybe best 'extreme' live record ever, but not the best EVER. What about "unleashed in the east" "live evil" and "live after death" ?
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:

Senseless and impossible you've been ,listening to too much indie music.
A reissue woud be fantastic as even the standard issue of the "Fallen Angel Of Doom" vinyl from NWN goes for between $40 to $70 on ebay.
I've had offers to buy it off people on here, but I've hesitated to do so as I'm assuming this is the kinda money they would be after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: