P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Most failed metal albums
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Most failed metal albums Reply with quote

Of all genres of music, metal is unique because the line between "acceptable" and "total failure" is very narrow. Making metal is easy, but making good metal... difficult. Periodically, metal bands either sell out or have personal problems, and they create metal failures. Here's a list of ten of the worst metal FAILs of all time.

The most epic METAL FAILs of all time
mithrandir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in first for Cold Lake!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Down there...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Wolverine Blues. Taking it for what it is I mean. It's a good record. The rest..yeah, mostly shite.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. ANUS is fail in web page form.
2. "Divine Intervention" is a better album than "Christ Illusion." It's the only post-"South of Heaven" album I find worth listening to, actually.
3. I didn't like "Traced in Air" either but I feel like I heard a different album than this guy did.
4. The Pestilence review is a perfect capsule of what sucks about this article - lots of negativity, almost no substance. In fact, I'd like to retool that section to describe my feelings for the list itself: "This list is so bad I can't even figure out why I kept reading it. It's like they sat down in front of their PC and pulled a bunch of words out of their asses, then tried to make it extra snarky just so the dumb internet nerds could like it. The result is both boring and annoying at once, which is usually hard to do but ANUS packed this so full of fail it was effortless for them."
5. That Suffocation bit is way off the mark.
6. Disliking "Wolverine Blues" is way too easy and way too dumb. Entombed failed pretty hard AFTER this album, but this was the one great case for death 'n roll being a viable genre.
7. The Black Album? How about "St. Anger"? The Black Album is only like the fourth worst Metallica album, for fuck's sake. If you actively dislike it because of the Sellout (tm), I've got news for you: it was going to happen sooner or later. Just enjoy the good tracks (there are several) and thank the devil that at least you're not listening to the album with the red angry fist of suck on the cover.

In closing, if Cracked did a metal list, it would read exactly like this and be full of just as many misguided opinions and obvious choices. Boo.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post Cold Lake, but I was beat to the punch. A friend of mine turned me on to a Nuclear Death album where Lori Bravo is still using the name, but she's singing like Joan Baez or something...it's truly fucking awful.
Tireheb

Octagon and Requiem by Bathory. At least Quorthon got his sanity back and finished Blood On Ice after those shitty retro-thrash albums.
nzmbe

I like IX Equilibrium. Of course it's nothing compared to "Anthems" and "Nightside Eclipse" but in my opinion it is a very acceptable progression of the band, I've seen far worse.
Motorbreath86

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck'em all, I like Metallica's Metallica. Very Happy
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
1. ANUS is fail in web page form.
2. "Divine Intervention" is a better album than "Christ Illusion." It's the only post-"South of Heaven" album I find worth listening to, actually.
3. I didn't like "Traced in Air" either but I feel like I heard a different album than this guy did.
4. The Pestilence review is a perfect capsule of what sucks about this article - lots of negativity, almost no substance. In fact, I'd like to retool that section to describe my feelings for the list itself: "This list is so bad I can't even figure out why I kept reading it. It's like they sat down in front of their PC and pulled a bunch of words out of their asses, then tried to make it extra snarky just so the dumb internet nerds could like it. The result is both boring and annoying at once, which is usually hard to do but ANUS packed this so full of fail it was effortless for them."
5. That Suffocation bit is way off the mark.
6. Disliking "Wolverine Blues" is way too easy and way too dumb. Entombed failed pretty hard AFTER this album, but this was the one great case for death 'n roll being a viable genre.
7. The Black Album? How about "St. Anger"? The Black Album is only like the fourth worst Metallica album, for fuck's sake. If you actively dislike it because of the Sellout (tm), I've got news for you: it was going to happen sooner or later. Just enjoy the good tracks (there are several) and thank the devil that at least you're not listening to the album with the red angry fist of suck on the cover.

In closing, if Cracked did a metal list, it would read exactly like this and be full of just as many misguided opinions and obvious choices. Boo.

About 6. I liked To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak The Truth. It was catchy as hell, and it really is a good listen. I also like some of the newer stuff (Morningstar, Inferno, When In Sodom...)
mithrandir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
I was going to post Cold Lake, but I was beat to the punch. A friend of mine turned me on to a Nuclear Death album where Lori Bravo is still using the name, but she's singing like Joan Baez or something...it's truly fucking awful.

was it Harmony Drinks of Me? did Crawfish show that to you? I actually like the previous The Planet Cachexial, quite a bit
Professor Black

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Cries is awesome.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

was it Harmony Drinks of Me? did Crawfish show that to you? I actually like the previous The Planet Cachexial, quite a bit

Yeah, it was Crawfish who showed it to me, I don't remember what the album was called, I'm trying to purge that section of my brain now, it's so fucking awful. I haven't heard the one before that.

I don't know if you remember Tomic Char, the local acoustic grind core band, he was simultaneously awesome and awful. I wish she could have done something like that if she wanted to go acoustic...
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Enterprises releases Embarassed
dalecooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:

About 6. I liked To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak The Truth. It was catchy as hell, and it really is a good listen. I also like some of the newer stuff (Morningstar, Inferno, When In Sodom...)

Yeah, I should have been more specific. They have some decent stuff post-"Wolverine Blues." But also some pretty bad albums, especially "Same Difference." All I meant was if you were going to single out an Entombed album for sucking, it shouldn't be that one.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Yeah, I should have been more specific. They have some decent stuff post-"Wolverine Blues." But also some pretty bad albums, especially "Same Difference." All I meant was if you were going to single out an Entombed album for sucking, it shouldn't be that one.

Ah, gotcha. I agree then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: