P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

no wonder earache has gone down the tubes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pataphysicien

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Satan wrote:
Caina wrote:
The Earache boss dissing Portal should mean that their record sales go through the roof. His signings from the last 10 years highlight the fact that this guy has the worst taste in extreme music history.

Seriously how can he comment on the quality of bands when he himself has signed some of the shittiest bands in the world. The whole comment about Portrait not spearheading a scene really shows that he has absolutely no interest in the music anymore just how much money he can make and how much of a trend they can start.

I don't think Portal could spearhead anything. they're too hard to pin down, a tough recipe to get right. still I have no problems thinking of more bands doing great unconventional and progressive (in the heterosexual sense of the word) Death Metal.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they turned him down
pataphysicien

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh snap!
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible fucking label ethos.

Also, what the fuck is up with their sublabel Wicked World? Do you have any idea how long that Anata has been waiting with their fully recorded fifth album to get those cocksuckers to pony up funds for the mastering & production... it's been at least 9 months now and still no sign of progress.

They should just cut their losses and die a quick fucking death instead of dragging this slow bleedout throughout the years. Sure most artists that sign to Earache fucking suck and I don't care how much Earache fucks them over, but a band like Anata is too brilliant to suffer the same fate as the swine.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
probert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: no wonder earache has gone down the tubes Reply with quote

[quote="Heirophant.326.AV"]have a read of this: http://askearache.blogspot.com

...........................wow

PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading it once and I searched for any entries related to Filthy Christians, and he basically said it wouldn't be reissued because he felt it wasn't as good as the classics and not as popular (and it seemed like these two ideas were essentially the same to him).
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has to cater to the current times youth interests I suppose. All the better for labels like NWN really though.
Nihilist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
He released a Dub War CD, and at that exact point in history, anything he has to say regarding the quality or his opinion of any band became irrelevant.

No doubt!! I'll never forget that & the Clutch album as being the 2 releases from Earache that just made me go WTF??
In The Hour of 11:11...
Nihilist

SLUMBER ROOM= www.novisiblescars.bandcamp.com
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say it like Earache had not gone down the tubes back in 1994-1995?
vberkvlt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earache had their time, but they started going downhill since the mid-90's with a lot of questionable releases... At the Gates was probably one of their last "classic" albums (which of course was not as popular as it is today, and I guess a lot of people think it's overhyped it also spawned a whole generation of 3rd rate deathcore bands...)

they've only had a few good releases since then

I think Digby was just in the right place at the right time with the first wave (Heresy, Carcass, Godflesh, Cadaver, Bolt Thrower, etc) and second wave of Earache bands (Sleep, ENT, Brutal Truth, etc) -
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell victim to his make a quick buck reissues
My carcass collection has seen it's better days
so I bought all the foldout digipak reissues and
they are killer.
Tzimisce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unbelievable show of ignorance is best summarized by these two consecutive paragraphs:

Quote:

Nowadays the DM scene is made of two types of bands - 1) DM Legends,aged in their 30s or 40s and 2) Teenagers playing Deathcore.

The Australian band Portal don't impress me much.I doubt they will lead or spearhead any kind of scene, the drummer is poor, the songs unmemorable, though the band sport a nifty line in outrageous headgear- see video below. The idea of experimental/avante garde or psychedelic DM being the next wave is as valid as any other prediction,but I'm not betting on it,personally.

Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOTO wrote:
I was reading it once and I searched for any entries related to Filthy Christians, and he basically said it wouldn't be reissued because he felt it wasn't as good as the classics and not as popular (and it seemed like these two ideas were essentially the same to him).

Filthy Christians????? Fuck yeah, I have ages to hear somebody mentioning this GREAT band!!! "Mean" LP from 1989 is a total classic!!! Is it that hard to find a copy?

As for the thread, Earache & Peaceville are two major failures, once uber-labels releasing megaliths of extreme music, currently utter shitty commercial supermarkets of trend Mad From the legendary Earache's roster of 80's, now they are releasing bands like Cult Of Luna... Suuuuuuucks!!

currently I'm giving "Mean" a spin haha!!
PFL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Digby put up the actual master tapes of "Blessed Are The Sick" up on ebay. Wonder how much they went for. Apparently Digby attempted to rip off Morbid Angel, but the band's management literally threatened to fly down to the Earache offices and beat the crap out of him if he even attempted to do so.

I heard at Iron Monkey's last gig, the band ended up jumping Digby and beating him up.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFL wrote:
I know Digby put up the actual master tapes of "Blessed Are The Sick" up on ebay. Wonder how much they went for. Apparently Digby attempted to rip off Morbid Angel, but the band's management literally threatened to fly down to the Earache offices and beat the crap out of him if he even attempted to do so.

I heard at Iron Monkey's last gig, the band ended up jumping Digby and beating him up.

I also remember reading about either Godflesh or Napalm Death chucking rocks and bricks at the Earache UK office windows. Either way, Digby deserves every shit he gets.

T/S List: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4783
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: