P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Abigail LP, Evoke LP, Pseudostratified Epithelium LP Out Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:

I got the new Abigail the other day and it's pretty much in the same vein as UUD. I mean that in a good way.

I was a bit sceptic but at the same time interested when you said that, I listened to it once, and I agree. I'm a bit disappointed that after 4 years, when usually they have some sort of progression on their sound, there is, but very limited, pretty much the same style of speed metal riffing and similar production. That said, I'd need to re-listen to it as well as UHD, but from a first listen, I prefer it. So I'm damn happy it ended up what it is, it fucking rules. It sounds great, and the lyrics are pure win, fun, catchy and while UHD had some priceless choruses, here they are better. A kind of mix of FSMB and UHD, since I really like FSMB, I'm happy. It will have a lot of spins.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Abigail diehard was worth it for the patch alone. Magnificent!

I was a little uninspired first couple of listens though... Will go back for more no doubt, but time will reveal all. I actually really liked the melodic touch that Jero brought to the recording. Sounds really cool I think.

On another note, I finally got around to checking out Rites of Thy Degringolade and that 'ode To Sin' LP. This is unbelievable! I'm embarrassed that I never got on to this earlier, though truthfully you can't buy everything. Either way, this album is a whirlwind of Canadian malevolence. If ANYONE claims to worship Canadian metal but doesn't possess this, your collection is NOT complete!!!

They still have them in the NWN store for 9 bucks. Madness!!!
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
BBR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys guys I don't own anything by Abigail. Is this a good record to start with?
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any album is good really. They're all different and good, though Ultimate Unholy Death and Sweet Baby Metal Slut are more or less similar. It's a kind of... primitive speed metal on the two last albums, thrash on Forever Street Metal Bitch and a kind of black/thrash with some other influences (heavy metal for instance) on Intercourse and Lust. If you like "perverse" speed metal with funny lyrics, I'd go with it. If you prefer more serious bands with a dense atmosphere, it may not be for you.
BBR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. I can stomach lighthearted metal just fine too hehe. Thanks for the descriptions. I think I'll buy it just for the novelty of having it.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBR wrote:

Good question, I'd been wondering the same thing myself. With bands with such a large discography it's often hard to know where to start so late in the piece.
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too Dark Park wrote:
BBR wrote:

Good question, I'd been wondering the same thing myself. With bands with such a large discography it's often hard to know where to start so late in the piece.

Large discography, but small "albumography". They have 4 albums and "a couple" of eps. So in reality they didn't release much. SBMS is as of now only available on vinyl, NWN! seems to have no more UHD cds, FSMB (which was unavailable for a long time) just got reissued on Drakkar as Welcome all hell fuckers (an ep) will be reissued. Intercourse and Lust is ebay only and I dind't hear any plans of reissuing, but my guess is you won't buy them for much, they come from time to time, there are even two of them presently. Just get any you can find.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The split with Funeral Winds and Intercourse and Lust are the best. Unfortunately Intercourse and Lust is kind of hard to find these days due to Modern Invasion's shitty distribution.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Mz412

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
The split with Funeral Winds and Intercourse and Lust are the best. Unfortunately Intercourse and Lust is kind of hard to find these days due to Modern Invasion's shitty distribution.

No Repress of the LP?

By the way, does someone know which Intercourse CD is first press?
With Golden or Red Logo?
passetiermes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shameless plug; I have Intercourse and Lust cd in Ebay at the moment, no idea which press. No bids either. Wink
BBR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Too Dark Park wrote:
BBR wrote:

Large discography, but small "albumography". They have 4 albums and "a couple" of eps. So in reality they didn't release much. SBMS is as of now only available on vinyl, NWN! seems to have no more UHD cds, FSMB (which was unavailable for a long time) just got reissued on Drakkar as Welcome all hell fuckers (an ep) will be reissued. Intercourse and Lust is ebay only and I dind't hear any plans of reissuing, but my guess is you won't buy them for much, they come from time to time, there are even two of them presently. Just get any you can find.

NWN PROD wrote:

Thanks guys.
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strange, old Abigail cds are rare, but not worth much. Intercourse and Lust didn't cost me much, and I bought Forever Street Metal Bitch for something like 20 bucks, first, and only time I saw it on ebay. Welcome All Hell Fuckers is worth more though, I don't have it in my hands yet.

And why don't we have a pussy pink shirt with the back cover on back and the middle one on front already? I'd sew my "I love metal sluts" patch on one of my sleeves. Cool
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FSMB (which was unavailable for a long time) just got reissued on Drakkar
YK are you getting this one in the distro?
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

No Repress of the LP?

By the way, does someone know which Intercourse CD is first press?
With Golden or Red Logo?

The Red logo was first press.

And yeah I think Intercourse is the best Abigail release! Love all the Yakuza samples etc.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening right now to Proclamation. Why, please tell me why...why isn't the guitarsound more crushing ???????? I really hope that one day some Bestial Black Metal band will have a crushing guitar sound. A guitar sound that is not buried in the final mix behind vocals/drums. A guitar sound that is "leading". Drawing Down The Moon guitarsound is a first good attempt, but it can be even better. I know some band has it in it's blood Smile
Else a nice record. Diabolus Vobiscum and the titletrack do it the best for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: