P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

What a hell with this? Opeth album...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan_B wrote:
That's what you get for buying an Opeth album. I hope you learned your lesson.

Exactly Laughing
Szatan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. Witchfucker wrote:
Opeth is for GAYS !!!

Try something better like MERCYFUL FATE - DONT BREAK THE OATH
SARCOFAGO - INRI
SODOM - OBSSESSED BY CRUELTY
ENTOMBED - LEFT HAND PATH

But if you are into opeth shit , dont try those above ...

Yet again metalloid scum proved Marcos right, you really are fucking dumb, aren't you? Also, I'm not saying that Opeth would be good music, which it isn't, but neither are those.
anarchometal666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Dopeth with passion.
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: What a hell with this? Opeth album... Reply with quote

Karan wrote:
Yeah, yeah, I guess we have few Opeth fans here, but I really worship their second album "Morningrise" so I had the chance to grab it at a really good price in vinyl, gatefold on grey wax. Come today and I opened the package, see the back part, seems OK. Opened it, gatefold, looks good, the vinyls looks good...and then I turn to the cover art...I am amazed...disgraced...encabronado...really pissed off...
What a fuck is this? Did they scan the CD with a fax machine or something? And the logo...the logo...is that like an old NES thing done and then pasted in there? What an awful way to DESTROY a cover art...I mean I have few other BOB releases and they are not that bad, but this...OK, the Nifelheim "Servants..." the back picture also seems to be scaned in a fax or something...and the Mayhem "DMDS" dark purple on black for the lyrics is a Nuclear Scientist idea, but this one on Opeth is a fist in the face of Quality...if I was a member of the band I would sue the bastards...nah, kick them in the face, and then sue...

You don't talk about the Candlelight/Disorder Re-press from 2001, do you ? That was not a Gatefold 2-LP.

By the way, if someone has the Orchid Re-Release 2-LP from 2001 (also Candlelight/Disorder) please let me know if you have two identical LPs. I have two times Side 3) and Side 4). Sad
Karan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: What a hell with this? Opeth album... Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Karan wrote:
Yeah, yeah, I guess we have few Opeth fans here, but I really worship their second album "Morningrise" so I had the chance to grab it at a really good price in vinyl, gatefold on grey wax. Come today and I opened the package, see the back part, seems OK. Opened it, gatefold, looks good, the vinyls looks good...and then I turn to the cover art...I am amazed...disgraced...encabronado...really pissed off...
What a fuck is this? Did they scan the CD with a fax machine or something? And the logo...the logo...is that like an old NES thing done and then pasted in there? What an awful way to DESTROY a cover art...I mean I have few other BOB releases and they are not that bad, but this...OK, the Nifelheim "Servants..." the back picture also seems to be scaned in a fax or something...and the Mayhem "DMDS" dark purple on black for the lyrics is a Nuclear Scientist idea, but this one on Opeth is a fist in the face of Quality...if I was a member of the band I would sue the bastards...nah, kick them in the face, and then sue...

You don't talk about the Candlelight/Disorder Re-press from 2001, do you ? That was not a Gatefold 2-LP-

By the way, if someone has the Orchid Re-Release 2-LP from 2001 (also Candlelight/Disorder) please let me know if you have two identical LPs. I have two times Side 3) and Side 4). Sad

No, the BOB version...
Yeah, it is weird but I do like some Opeth, mainly their first albums.
To say it is gay because it is mainstream, is like saying we are all gay as Slayer is mainstream too (no matter if their last albums are not that good). But too much arguing about gayness.
Obviously the recommendation put in here I aleady have them.
It is the fact how the cover art was done by BOB by scanning it through a fax or something like that.
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Candlelight/Disorder cover also looks a worse compared to the original CD, but not that shitty when checking the BoB version.

I really like the debut Orchid. Together with Dance Of The December Souls the fuckin best Melodic Death from Sweden produced by Dan Swan÷ ever. Totally great stuff. The rest has some moments every now and then, but this debut is not of this earth...
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I cannot figure out is why BoB would insist on putting out halfway decent presses of certain albums and then putting out the worst of presses for others. It makes no sense, it's like you can gamble that if you buy a BoB record you have a 50/50 chance of getting something decent or something shitty. Why even do business like that? If they are out for nothing but a cash in, they are fucking themselves pretty hard by not at least having consistent quality...
Slaghammer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. Witchfucker wrote:
Opeth is for GAYS !!!

SARCOFAGO - INRI

I know plenty of gay people that fucking worship the four bands you mentioned, and besides the whole look of bands like Sarcofago and their ilk can be traced back to gay S&M shops in Soho (courtesy of Rob Halford) you colossal pillock!

And by the way, it's is well known that Back on Black reissues can be shit... Mind you I have a De Mytseriis reissue and a Cannibal Corpse reissue they did and that sounds and looks fucking great!
R. Witchfucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarcofago ,they may have a "gay" look but those bands are not so gay as opeth┤s music fans and members .
nexxxion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that Back on Black guy can't find any sleep over laughing.
Albominator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan_B wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mikael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Orchid and Morningrise are way better than most of the stuff mentioned on the frontpage right now. I liked those when they were released and I still like them, the change in style after Morningrise is not something I care for, but...
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan_B wrote:

The lesson isn't truly learned until you listen to the music. A mistake most people without tin-ears won't make twice.

The Back-on-Black Sabbat (UK) 2LP's are pretty well done. Maybe he just did a shit job on the Opeth pressings to piss off Opeth kiddies, in which case I raise my glass to him.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. Witchfucker wrote:
Opeth is for GAYS !!!

SARCOFAGO - INRI

ummm. I share the Opeth hate with you.
I dont agree with the "Gays" thing.

People with obsession over the "Gay" thing usually have deep
rooted (no pun intended) desires to penetrate another man
and aquire the aftermath of what is known as Cacao dick.
Have you a mancrush on Mikael ┼kerfeldt?
It's okay let it out, let your feelings flow, don't be ashamed
The good news is.......
You just mentioned some of the most popular bands on this
board! Kudos to your excellent observational skills.........
Wink
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Szatan wrote:
R. Witchfucker wrote:
Opeth is for GAYS !!!

SARCOFAGO - INRI

Yet again metalloid scum proved Marcos right, you really are fucking dumb, aren't you? Also, I'm not saying that Opeth would be good music, which it isn't, but neither are those.

You've got to be kidding me. I agree, the execution of his post was retarded as all hell, but if you think those albums are bad music, what the fuck are you doing here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: