P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Some good death metal on vinyl?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
Nominon.

Do they have anything available on vinyl that was released before their last album? I couldn't really get into anything off of that

You mean Recremation or Terra Necrosis (which came out a few weeks ago)? Both are on vinyl, I'm not sure if Recremation is still available. Blood Harvest will reissue the first full-length, Diabolical Bloodshed, on vinyl, but I personally don't find it to be particularly strong. On the other hand, the Blaspheming The Dead 7" is possibly their finest hour. I think that The True Face Of Death EP was also released on vinyl. I don't know if the Remnants Of A Diabolical History compilation has ever made it to vinyl.

Anyway, I highly recommend you explore the material released and soon to be released by Blood Harvest in general, especially Tribulation, which I'm assuming you haven't heard since you didn't mention them. Necrovation is probably the best thing they've released so far though.
markos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got "recremation" on my trade list. AWESOME cover art.
Anon138

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Anon138 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
You mean Recremation or Terra Necrosis (which came out a few weeks ago)?

Anyway, I highly recommend you explore the material released and soon to be released by Blood Harvest in general, especially Tribulation, which I'm assuming you haven't heard since you didn't mention them. Necrovation is probably the best thing they've released so far though.

The tracks I heard were from Recremation I think. Haven't seen any samples from the new one online yet. I don't know, the stuff just had a flat sound to it. I usually love any of the newer bands that are influenced by the older Swedish sound, but something is lacking in their music (in my opinion). Besides that EP, would Recremation be your second choice as a reccomendation? I see Yosuke also has another one of their LPs. Not sure if it's a full-length or a compilation.

And I'd be happy to check out some stuff on that Blood Harvest label. Does anyone in the states stock their releases? I would assume Yosuke is out of everything aside from the Nominon.

By the way, some stuff that I am into at the moment if anyone wants to recommend something along these lines...

Crucifire - Unblessed Unto Hatred demo
Funebrbarum/Interment - Conjuration of the Sepulchral
Ignivomous - demo (one Yosuke was selling)
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I checked, Yosuke still has a fair amount of BH stuff, but to be honest, as long as you buy a decent amount, buying directly from the label really isn't too bad, that's where I bought most of mine from.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
The last time I checked, Yosuke still has a fair amount of BH stuff, but to be honest, as long as you buy a decent amount, buying directly from the label really isn't too bad, that's where I bought most of mine from.

Yeah. After doing a search, it seems he has just about everything that they have in stock.

I wouldn't mine buying straight from the label. How is their service? And call me stupid, but I can't find anything for sale on their site. I clicked on the Shop section, but nothing except payment instructions come up.
deviltwin9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

Yeah. After doing a search, it seems he has just about everything that they have in stock.

I wouldn't mine buying straight from the label. How is their service? And call me stupid, but I can't find anything for sale on their site. I clicked on the Shop section, but nothing except payment instructions come up.

When you click on their store, then click where it says Year of the Zombie. The store will then appear.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deviltwin9 wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

When you click on their store, then click where it says Year of the Zombie. The store will then appear.

Yeah.

I've ordered from them twice before, and they're fairly communicative and comparatively fast in shipping compared to other foreign distros. They will undoubtedly receive more of my business in the future.
bmdk666

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmdk666 wrote:
Drawn and Quartered / Return of the Black Death (Moribund)

Listening to a sample from that album right now. Not sure what I think. Is this available on vinyl?

Yes it's definitely available on vinyl (you can probably still get it directly from Moribund, it was ltd. to 500 and I don't know if they are that well known, but I could be wrong)... I don't know if it's considered underground or cult or whatever but it reminds me of a mix of old Morbid Angel, Incantation, and Immolation (which are three of my favorite bands). In my humble opinion they have one of the best vocalists in death metal right now. I personally can't get enough of these guys. This is the only album they released on vinyl, but their debut CD is their best in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and if you can find that Nifelheim/Vulcano split (I know it is sold out from the label but I'm sure you can track it down somewhere) it would be worth your time especially for the Vulcano side...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a great compilation LP called "Where is your god now?" with tracks from Sinister, Deadhead (underated deathrash), Acrosticon, Disfigure and Gorefest (before they got gay). Anyone know if these tracks are unreleased?

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
You mean Recremation or Terra Necrosis (which came out a few weeks ago)?

The tracks I heard were from Recremation I think. Haven't seen any samples from the new one online yet. I don't know, the stuff just had a flat sound to it. I usually love any of the newer bands that are influenced by the older Swedish sound, but something is lacking in their music (in my opinion). Besides that EP, would Recremation be your second choice as a reccomendation? I see Yosuke also has another one of their LPs. Not sure if it's a full-length or a compilation.

And I'd be happy to check out some stuff on that Blood Harvest label. Does anyone in the states stock their releases? I would assume Yosuke is out of everything aside from the Nominon.

By the way, some stuff that I am into at the moment if anyone wants to recommend something along these lines...

Crucifire - Unblessed Unto Hatred demo
Funebrbarum/Interment - Conjuration of the Sepulchral
Ignivomous - demo (one Yosuke was selling)

check out the infestdead/darkcide split ep on ancient enemy records , for great old swedish death.

its $10 usa/canada
7 euros .. europe
$11 rest of world

you can use paypal or email at john_aer@hotmail.com

Last edited by minge-eater on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up the Ribspreader 7" released by Blood Harvest, and it's actually a lot better than I expected. I liked the first album, but I didn't care for the material that they released after that. These songs are solid though, especially the eponymous track, The Monolith.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got Vader's demos from 87-89 called Reborn In chaos.It reminds me of a cross between Deicide and also Insanity.Really good stuff.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a sample from the infestdead/darkcide - split ep . just released on my label ANCIENT ENEMY RECORDS

http://rapidshare.com/files/41198581/darkccide_sample.MP3.html

myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/ancient_enemy_records

good death metal on vinyl
markos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
I just got Vader's demos from 87-89 called Reborn In chaos.It reminds me of a cross between Deicide and also Insanity.Really good stuff.

whoa....i must seek that out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: