P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ENGRAM - Success or Failure?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Engram
Good
72%
 72%  [ 86 ]
Bad
27%
 27%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 118

Nolan_B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:
Of course I fucking know that. The band regards this as a compilation, I'm just saying that to differentiate the two releases. As they have slightly different production and style. I worship Beherit, by the way, they're one of my all time favorite bands.

I should know, he checks my site daily, if not weekly...lol

So everyone knows, TOoBB is no longer consider a compilation by the band.

I used to, especially before Engram came out for news that I couldn't find anywhere else.

Oath is technically a compilation regardless, as it "compiles" a demo and EP.
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know the band ever referred to it as a compilation.

@Conservationist no, I don't care to take my comment back. There is no validity in what you said. You're not as smart as you think you are - you just demonstrated that with the misuse of words and your inability to correctly interpret what's being said to you. Nor do I care to hear your story of when you purchased the album (true or not - don't give a fuck).

@Nolan, my mistake warrior! I apologize for underestimating the extent of your Beherit worship, Beherit to the fucking death!! My favorite black metal band since I was 14 or 15 and always will be.

trade/sale/wantlist
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96528#96528
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back, it is hard to say that Engram is better than Oath. They're all different, even though it is all undeniably Beherit. The Oath of Black Blood is the sound of goats breathing fire and desecrating graves, Drawing Down the Moon is the sound of the Devil's space ship, and Engram is a subtle black magic ritual.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
Total shit.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primitive, one-track mind, brutal goatfucking bestial warmetal holocaust shit is not my preferred style, so I agree that Engram is better than The Oath of Black Blood. I think The Oath of Black Blood and Fallen Angel of Doom.... are two of the most overrated albums on these boards, despite both of them being excellent. Black Witchery and most bands of this style also bore me, especially the ones that bring absolutely nothing new. So clearly I don't know anything about black metal.
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
The primitive, one-track mind, brutal goatfucking bestial warmetal holocaust shit is not my preferred style

Beherit is by no means war metal. They are not "goatfucking" or bestial metal or "holocaust shit" (whatever that is). Beherit is BLACK metal. Black metal at it's finest. The Oath of Black Blood covers just about everything the genre stands for through music that is all things ugly, I.e. black metal.

And of course there will be a ton of praise toward FAOD, it's considered by many to be the greatest black metal album ever written. Given this title it can't be overrated. And as for OoBB, far more people have disagreed with it than have agreed with it in this thread.

The only thing truly overrated is this bullshit "kvlt" metal fad made by losers for losers. Watching a 3-way split released a year ago sell for 3 or 4 hundred dollars on eBay (Mutiilation/Drowning the Light/Warmaster). It's a joke. Just like these scene puds wearing Burzum shirts. I am to Drowning the Light what James Reed is to christianity and equal rights between races. Join our ranks!

Too much to drink and too little sleep, sorry for rambling Laughing

P.s. got nothing against Mutiilation.

trade/sale/wantlist
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the fact that something is generally considered by some to be the greatest black metal album ever makes it a prime target for somebody to feel that it's overrated.

As for what my idea of black metal is, it's Venom, Mercyful Fate, Bathory, Sodom, Bulldozer, Messiah, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Sarcofago, Mayhem, Samael, Treblinka/Tiamat, Beherit (Drawing Down the Moon), Tormentor, Rotting Christ, Varathron, Necromantia, Master's Hammer, Root, Torr, Burzum, Darkthrone, Ildjarn, Immortal, Barathrum, Countess, Mortuary Drape, Sacramentum, Abigor, etc. I just find that black metal is capable of expressing things that are much more interesting than what the albums and general style that I previously mentioned has to offer, and I really don't care how that shapes others' opinions of me aside from the fact that I find it ridiculous to have my knowledge of the genre questioned.
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each his own.

No one's questioning your knowledge of the genre. This is an argument, you expressed your views and I expressed mine. I find it ridiculous that you accuse me of that for sharing my veiws as you did. Everyone seems to think that other people are challenging them by puting in their two cents. Argument over, quit now or fuck off.

trade/sale/wantlist
nexxxion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM wrote:
Nolan_B wrote:
Of course I fucking know that. The band regards this as a compilation, I'm just saying that to differentiate the two releases. As they have slightly different production and style. I worship Beherit, by the way, they're one of my all time favorite bands.

I should know, he checks my site daily, if not weekly...lol

So everyone knows, TOoBB is no longer consider a compilation by the band.

Turbo never got a master because the band spent recording money on drugs and goat pussy, they wanted their money back so they remastered the EP and demo and released it as a full length.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Holocausto in recent interviews has strongly denied being the godfather of phoneterrorism and the whole Turbo-incident, saying that the Isten guys are spreading lies, in my world there's no questions about these things.
So, one more time to all non-believers who see Beherit being the martyr, and Turbo being the villain Laughing :
http://www.sadomator.com/beherit/interview21.html

Regarding the album, after months of listening I still like the first 5 songs a lot.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitivehatemagick wrote:
@Conservationist no, I don't care to take my comment back. There is no validity in what you said. You're not as smart as you think you are - you just demonstrated that with the misuse of words and your inability to correctly interpret what's being said to you. Nor do I care to hear your story of when you purchased the album (true or not - don't give a fuck).

So you say.

I don't agree.

You also did not show "misuse of words" and "inability to correctly interpret what's being said to you."

Go ahead and bicker onward, but as a musician, I prefer Engram to TOOBB which is quite honestly pretty boring, and that's why the band opposed its release in the first place.

DDTM was the album they always wanted to make.

Then again, I also like the keyboard albums, so you might just call me a fag and be done with it Wink
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
I just find that black metal is capable of expressing things that are much more interesting than what the albums and general style that I previously mentioned has to offer

I think this is an important point.
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
I also like the keyboard albums, so you might just call me a fag and be done with it Wink

I'm a big fan of the "synthetic ambient ritual music" albums as well.

trade/sale/wantlist
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitivehatemagick wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
I also like the keyboard albums, so you might just call me a fag and be done with it Wink

I'm a big fan of the "synthetic ambient ritual music" albums as well.

I even cherish H418ov21.C.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan B and Primitivehatemagick:

That's awesome. I think those are very inventive, very artistic, very evil albums.

Holocausto is unquestionably brilliant; like many brilliant people, he explores different things and so is not as consistent as, say, a war metal band.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: