P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ENGRAM - Success or Failure?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Engram
Good
72%
 72%  [ 86 ]
Bad
27%
 27%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 118

Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:

- Anal sex

Do you receive or give?
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Conservationist wrote:

- Anal sex

Do you receive or give?

Who is the pitcher, and who is the catcher.
ZummahT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does anal sex has to do with Beherit's Engram?? Question
lol

AGRATH
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZummahT wrote:
what does anal sex has to do with Beherit's Engram?? Question
lol

Everything, as long as there is a goat involved.
Equimanthorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engram is, quite frankly, the greatest album of 2009, the greatest Beherit album ever and the greatest Black Metal album of all time. I honestly thought the hype would wear off after a few listens, but it simply hasn't.

Although I liked Beherit before, I never really saw them as an all time favourite band of mine. Engram changed all that and, day by day, I become slightly more engrossed in the world of Nuclear Holocausto Vengeance.

I won't shit you about here, it's not to everyone's tastes, not everyone will get it. There will be people that think that this statement is irrefutable proof that I have a mental illness but I don't care. It is an ASTONISHING piece of anti-social, hateful noise. No "bestial goat I_LOVE_PENIS war metal band of nuclear black death" will ever come near to distilling as much pure hatred and bile as this album.

The vocals are stunning, the riffs are simplistic and catchy, and the drums will cave your fucking head in. Epic, end of.
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equimanthorn wrote:
Engram is, quite frankly, the greatest album of 2009, the greatest Beherit album ever and the greatest Black Metal album of all time.

Wow, what do you think are the runners up for greatest black metal album of all time? Just out of curiosity.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had decent moments but it felt rushed and half assed. It lacks the great occult atmosphere of DDtM and pure black filth of Oath. This is one of those albums that don't get played much after the initial spins. I give it about 6 out of 10.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
It had decent moments but it felt rushed and half assed. It lacks the great occult atmosphere of DDtM and pure black filth of Oath. This is one of those albums that don't get played much after the initial spins. I give it about 6 out of 10.

I think it's trying for an entirely different atmosphere.

I still play it all the time.

I think it's massively better than OOBB.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:

Then you are quite clearly retarded. Engram is great and all, but there is no way it can be considered better than The Oath of Black Blood.
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schadel_reich wrote:
Conservationist wrote:

Then you are quite clearly retarded. Engram is great and all, but there is no way it can be considered better than The Oath of Black Blood.

To me, it's better than Demonomancy, but not as great as Dawn of Satan's Millenium.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equimanthorn wrote:
Engram is, quite frankly, the greatest album of 2009, the greatest Beherit album ever and the greatest Black Metal album of all time. I honestly thought the hype would wear off after a few listens, but it simply hasn't.

Although I liked Beherit before, I never really saw them as an all time favourite band of mine. Engram changed all that and, day by day, I become slightly more engrossed in the world of Nuclear Holocausto Vengeance.

I won't shit you about here, it's not to everyone's tastes, not everyone will get it. There will be people that think that this statement is irrefutable proof that I have a mental illness but I don't care. It is an ASTONISHING piece of anti-social, hateful noise. No "bestial goat I_LOVE_PENIS war metal band of nuclear black death" will ever come near to distilling as much pure hatred and bile as this album.

The vocals are stunning, the riffs are simplistic and catchy, and the drums will cave your fucking head in. Epic, end of.

good words...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:

Holy shit, better than Oath of Black Blood? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, where does the 120+ IQ come in with this statement? I'd say the only albums better than that are the Blood upon the Altar demo, FAOD & Gods of War.

I would've agreed with this statement when I was 12 and had no concept of what black metal was.

"To me, it's better than Demonomancy, but not as great as Dawn of Satan's Millennium." <-- Oath of Black Blood is Dawn of Satan's Millennium & Demonomancy (with better sound quality) put together and released as a full length.

I'm beginning to wonder if either of you have even heard any Beherit material.

trade/sale/wantlist
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96528#96528
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitivehatemagick wrote:
"To me, it's better than Demonomancy, but not as great as Dawn of Satan's Millennium." <-- Oath of Black Blood is Dawn of Satan's Millennium & Demonomancy (with better sound quality) put together and released as a full length.

If a release is composed of two parts, saying one part is better than the other is perfectly logical.

I re-listened to OOBB after many years and was not blown away. It doesn't have the atmosphere of DDTM, nor the nuance and depth of Engram.

If you want to tell me I don't know black metal as a result, that's fine, but the original copy I have was purchased at or near the release date. Want to reconsider that statement?
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitivehatemagick wrote:
Conservationist wrote:

Holy shit, better than Oath of Black Blood? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, where does the 120+ IQ come in with this statement? I'd say the only albums better than that are the Blood upon the Altar demo, FAOD & Gods of War.

I would've agreed with this statement when I was 12 and had no concept of what black metal was.

I'm beginning to wonder if either of you have even heard any Beherit material.

Of course I fucking know that. The band regards this as a compilation, I'm just saying that to differentiate the two releases. As they have slightly different production and style. I worship Beherit, by the way, they're one of my all time favorite bands.
CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan_B wrote:
Of course I fucking know that. The band regards this as a compilation, I'm just saying that to differentiate the two releases. As they have slightly different production and style. I worship Beherit, by the way, they're one of my all time favorite bands.

I should know, he checks my site daily, if not weekly...lol

So everyone knows, TOoBB is no longer consider a compilation by the band.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: