P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

first all improvised Metal band?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonchild666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
anyone hear of Svaty Vincent? some weirdo Punk/Metal/Improvised/Shouting crap from the Czech Republic, had only one s/t album out in 1990, kind of like GG Allin meets Abruptum,

are we able to post links for DL here? if so I'll post it here

He did record a second album too. But it's a bitch to find. CR99 can tell you more about that. Razz
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are no way one of the first examples, but satanic blood from holland is purely improvisation as well.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonchild666 wrote:
mithrandir wrote:
anyone hear of Svaty Vincent? some weirdo Punk/Metal/Improvised/Shouting crap from the Czech Republic, had only one s/t album out in 1990, kind of like GG Allin meets Abruptum,

are we able to post links for DL here? if so I'll post it here

He did record a second album too. But it's a bitch to find. CR99 can tell you more about that. Razz

I'd like to hear more about this fellow, even by internets standards this Svaty Vincent is incredibly obscure
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improv should be left to people that can REALLY play, aka Jazz musicians and the like, and not total idiots like Bestial Summoning. The outcome is always a shitty and silly album that could've been listenable with even the slightest bit of effort.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improvisation is a common thing since the beginning of the Punk/hardcore/noise/grind scenes.

I think the 16 minute NWOBHM version of Mionīs Hill is improvised (the solo parts). But would be interesting to know if there is more improvised traditional metal stuff out there compareable to the improvisation like done in jazz or blues and not random noise.
But if there is itīs probably only the lead guitars wacking off the Malmsteen way and the rest of the band playing the same stuff again and again...
mithrandir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Idol wrote:
Improv should be left to people that can REALLY play, aka Jazz musicians and the like, and not total idiots like Bestial Summoning. The outcome is always a shitty and silly album that could've been listenable with even the slightest bit of effort.

it depends, there's a host of freejazz out there and stuff like AMM and John Cage that bore the crap out of me,

I tend to like the immediacy of non-musicians taking up instruments and belting out their art, if you have something to say, the by-any-means-necessary approach has produced some spectacular results, without this we wouldn't have had a band like Abruptum, but then again you may not like Abruptum either Sad
mithrandir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:

But if there is itīs probably only the lead guitars wacking off the Malmsteen way and the rest of the band playing the same stuff again and again...

yeah, thats the kind of thing I wanted to stay away from, I'm sure there's plenty Metal recordings of wanky soloists out there forcing their cock out on everyone by means of yawn inducing guitar solos
Kapalika

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning Abruptum:

It may be just me but while I hold their early demo and Ep stuff which still is somewhat structured in very high regard their full lengths bore me to death, in my opinion a very good example for bad improvisation as it sounds just so utterly pointless.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapalika wrote:
Concerning Abruptum:

It may be just me but while I hold their early demo and Ep stuff which still is somewhat structured in very high regard their full lengths bore me to death, in my opinion a very good example for bad improvisation as it sounds just so utterly pointless.

its torture music bro! Smile

ah, its just a matter of opinion, I do love the first 2 full-lengths but I tend to listen to the Evil 7" and The Satanist Tunes demo far more than any other, those recordings change my life and in how I perceive,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: