P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

I-Pods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 160 GB video iPod, and my girlfriend has a 30 GB that used to be mine. Both have held up well over however long we've had them - I want to say 2 years and 4 years respectively. I mainly use it on vacation and when I want to listen to music while reading. But I tend more to use iTunes - 8 hours a day on a computer for work makes for a lot of music-listening time.

For people complaining about the sound, replace the earbuds with better ones. I have a pair of Sony buds that cost me a fair amount but everything sounds better and bassier. I also rip at higher bit rates for a lot of my music - some things just sound crappy at 128 kbps, which is default for iTunes.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't own one because I can't be fucked with the cost and would sooner buy new music. I don't tend to walk along listening to music anyway. Never been something I've been that into.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
I have a 160 GB video iPod, and my girlfriend has a 30 GB that used to be mine. Both have held up well over however long we've had them - I want to say 2 years and 4 years respectively. I mainly use it on vacation and when I want to listen to music while reading. But I tend more to use iTunes - 8 hours a day on a computer for work makes for a lot of music-listening time.

For people complaining about the sound, replace the earbuds with better ones. I have a pair of Sony buds that cost me a fair amount but everything sounds better and bassier. I also rip at higher bit rates for a lot of my music - some things just sound crappy at 128 kbps, which is default for iTunes.

I use Panasonic buds myself and the output is amazing.

Go brush your doll's hair.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
128 kbps, which is default for iTunes.

I HATE when people upload something @ such a low bit rate. It's gross. 320kp/s or lossless for me. Cool
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
dalecooper wrote:

I HATE when people upload something @ such a low bit rate. It's gross. 320kp/s or lossless for me. Cool

Prefer 192 kbps or 320 kbps. I have an MP3 player but the battery has gone dead in it so I need to purchase another battery and from the comments I think my next purchase will be an Zune.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
adrian5118 wrote:
dalecooper wrote:

Prefer 192 kbps or 320 kbps.

I tend to use 192 for music I really care about or that requires better fidelity. Honestly I can't tell the difference between 192 and lossless, even on my nicer earbuds or the studio-style headset I use at the office. I don't know if my ears aren't that great or if the difference is subtle - maybe some of both.

The downloading thing has been brought up a few times in here - just to weigh in for myself, I don't illegally download at all. 90% of my digital music is ripped from my own CDs and LPs. The other 10% comes from emusic, where I have a subscription. I'm pretty strongly in favor of supporting the artist. Also I've talked to too many people who brag about the huge number of songs they "own" but then if you go in depth, it's obvious they haven't listened to half of them even one time. This kind of "collecting" in the age of the readily-available mp3 is meaningless to me. I buy a large volume of music too, but because money is changing hands I am more diligent about listening to, and trying to appreciate, everything I have. It also makes your collection more personal. A guy who just downloaded the entire catalog of a long-lived band may only be vaguely interested in their music. But a guy who bought the entire thing clearly is in love. Very Happy
Albominator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mobile phone with 2 GB memory to play music. Work fine to me.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
90% of my digital music is ripped from my own CDs and LPs. The other 10% comes from emusic, where I have a subscription. I'm pretty strongly in favor of supporting the artist.

Me too, which is why I download like mad.

I want to make sure I don't support any artists making inferior music.

I want to send all of my cash to the people making good music.

(That excludes 99.9% of all metal, and anything that fat fuck Mendelssohn wrote. What a faggot.)
adrian5118

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
adrian5118 wrote:
dalecooper wrote:

Prefer 192 kbps or 320 kbps.

I tend to use 192 for music I really care about or that requires better fidelity. Honestly I can't tell the difference between 192 and lossless, even on my nicer earbuds or the studio-style headset I use at the office. I don't know if my ears aren't that great or if the difference is subtle - maybe some of both.

It's easy to tell for me. Simply listen to cymbals crashing in 192 and than in lossless.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:

Me too, which is why I download like mad.

I want to make sure I don't support any artists making inferior music.

I want to send all of my cash to the people making good music.

That's not so hard to do in the age of samples on Amazon and full length streaming tracks on MySpace, band sites, YouTube, etc. etc. I still download occasionally to check something out if samples are otherwise hard to come by, but if I don't like it I delete it. I think a lot of people are hypocritical about this and say they're downloading as a taste test, but actually they just have become accustomed to not paying for most of what they listen to...

Conservationist wrote:

(That excludes 99.9% of all metal, and anything that fat fuck Mendelssohn wrote. What a faggot.)

Your schtick is boring
Moonchild666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:

Which Mendelssohn are you talking about? The guitar player from Altar of Oblivion? Confused
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, no -- this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Mendelssohn

Converted to Christianity, and sold out his ancestral culture, but also makes candy pop faggot ass classical music with no continuity. They should dig him up and assfuck the pelvic bone.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with Conservationist. I don't take chances on albums anymore. I stick to downloading- and if I find something I like, I will buy it to support the band/label directly.

Go brush your doll's hair.
PxRxPx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as downloading goes, I mostly stick to OOP stuff, and old demos.
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Sansa 8GB mp3 player from SunDisk and it rules! Can also be upgrated to 18GB with just a micro-card. Amazing sound for what it is with very solid bass, in other words I'm enjoying metal music with it, and I'm using it a lot, but I'm not downloading, not even when I had an iopd, just fill it with music and I'm ready to go. Was way cheaper than the ipod ($62) and I think it has better sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: