P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

I-Pods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typhon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ipod is great even for listening to metal. I have loads of metal on mine and it works fine. Cool
SepticSchizo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 80gb ipod. Before that I had a zen 30gb. And I love having them, for playing a couple of albums before I go to sleep. Its so fucking practical to have 1000 albums at hand with just a few clicks. It can in no way replace the feeling of vinyl, or such, but I would not give it up. I dont download, 99.9 % of my Ipod is ripped from my own cd's and a few lp's.

The hassle thoug, is that Ipods are fucking corporate legal mumbo jumbo, with all theyre licences and shit. I would recomend zenplayers over Ipods anyday.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For great sounding BASS on your metal/HC/punk mp3s, Sony walkman is the way to go.

iPods have shitty sound for heavy & noisy music.
George

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to get an mp3 player, but the only thing that is stopping me is that I can't figure out how I would hook it up in my car (which is very important for me). It would be nice to not have to bring the CDs along with me, and further prevent them from being scratched. However, my CD player in the car doesn't have any inputs to allow a mp3 player to be plugged in.

I certainly wont be getting an ipod if or when I do get an mp3 player, as it seems like you're mostly paying for the name moreso than the actual player. A friend of mine has a smaller name brand (I forget exactly what it's called) and it works perfectly for him, plus you don't have to deal with itunes or anything like that. It's pretty much just another external hardrive for the computer.
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had a MP3-player, nor intended to buy one in the future. I listen to music at home in front of my HiFi. In the car I have still the cvltsette-player/radio. And that's all.

Even if I jog 2.5h through the woods in the evening, I prefer to stay without music and enjoy the run with the things I see. Or to observe the roots in the ground to avoid a free flight. Also during work I don't understand how people can listen to a MP3-player and at the same time fully concentrate on their jobs. I am not talking about a boring/silly job. There I would even understand it.

What I started doing is to listen to myspace pages before buying something from an unknown band. Still a bit unfair due to the crappy PC-speakers, but enough to judge if something sticks in the head or not.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
What I started doing is to listen to myspace pages before buying something from an unknown band. Still a bit unfair due to the crappy PC-speakers, but enough to judge if something sticks in the head or not.

Totally agree on this...money is hard to come across nowadays to waste it on something that is not worth...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: I-Pods Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
This is not a critique of those that do, but is there anyone out there that does not own one?

Yes, for two reasons:

(1) I refuse to purchase or own Apple products. Apple is a faggot cult.
(2) Music is best listened to deliberately, not when you're doing something else and half-listening. Listen fully, and you find your tolerance for crap goes down radically.

Typical iPod User

Typical Macintosh User [NSFW]
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I have an iPod is because my father won one at a work conference and gave it to me. Before that I bought a Sony walkman NWZ-A816 for $100. so I have 2 mp3 players. I use them to thoroughly preview albums. If I really like the album, I buy it on CD. This way I'm not indiscriminately spending money on mediocre music. If the album is mediocre, I delete it from the mp3 player. It's also good for OOP or hard to find albums - Fallen Angel of Doom, Ritual of Infinity, Blackened Images, for example.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
It's also good for OOP or hard to find albums - Fallen Angel of Doom, Ritual of Infinity, Blackened Images, for example.

Suddenly I have a hankerin' for Mortuary and Morpheus...
Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a filled up 160gb black ipod. I also own all my favorite releases(minus the two in my signature) in original format, so I can't complain.

Most of the space on my ipod is occupied by music, but I do have some videos and movies.
Valan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my ipod for 6 years now, just replaced the battery myself (cost a fiver) and have never had any problems with it.
I use it mainly in the car and at work. I work on computers, sat on my arse for 8 hours and if I choose can happily listen to music straight for those 8 hours. I really don't get the animosity towards ipods/apple products, I've had a Mac mini for the past 4 year...no problems and before that a G4 (had that for ages and it was still going strong when I sold it).

I still buy vinyl and CDs and love physically owning the music that does it for me, ipods are just an added convenience for me to cram even more listening in, stuff I already own and checking out new stuff. The only stuff I really download and keep is old demos I don't own and refuse to pay ridiculous amounts on eshit for!
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Solitude wrote:
I hate Ipods. I listen to CDs and tapes. I want the physical, tangible object with the artwork and all, and superior sound quality.

That said, I can't afford everything I want right now, so mp3s are a good substitute at the moment. Cool My cellphone has 8GB of space to put music on, so I listen to mp3s sometimes.

Aren't you contradicting yourself a bit? There's nothing superior about the sound quality of mp3s playing through your phone versus and ipod. And no physical, tangible object with awork as a record or CD.. and for anyone that chooses an mp3 player over an ipod, well... an ipod is an mp3 player.

trade/sale/wantlist
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96528#96528
ticino1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my mp3 player began to fail, I buyed from a colleague an Ipod nano of the first generation (with aluminium case). 4 GB are not a lot, but with a compression of about 220 kbps you can take tons of music on it. I worked four years in Zurich and had to travel at least one hour one-way. I was alway very thankful for owning such compact digital players. Sometimes it is even better listening to a CD while walking, then at home. I am more concentrated on the sound when I am walking, then staying in the flat doing something else during listening.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valan wrote:
Had my ipod for 6 years now, just replaced the battery myself (cost a fiver) and have never had any problems with it.
I use it mainly in the car and at work. I work on computers, sat on my arse for 8 hours and if I choose can happily listen to music straight for those 8 hours. I really don't get the animosity towards ipods/apple products, I've had a Mac mini for the past 4 year...no problems and before that a G4 (had that for ages and it was still going strong when I sold it).

People just follow the flow of other people saying that Macs are "teh sukk" and whatnot. I think it's hilarious seeing peoples face when I point out that when Microsoft was showing off the initial XBOX360 graphics you could see two G5's tucked in the corner.

But their iPods are the complete opposite, my friend has gone through litterally 6 and I personally 2. They fail a lot. Love their computer processing power, but their .mp3 players are... egh..

I love Zune.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Uncolored

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 8gb samsung something got in a trade. I use it only in the bus ride from home to post office cause I can't stand: dumb speech from random people, screaming children, emo kids playing shitty music with their cellphone speakers

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: