P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SUFFOCATION - Blood Oath
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infidel wrote:
I've given up on them. The only thing I like is the first ep, first two albums, and Despise The Sun. Is it a return to this or more of what they've been doing?

Neither. This may put you off, but it reminds me of when Morbid Angel came out with "Gateways to Annihilation." It's not a return to their old style but it doesn't resemble its immediate predecessors either.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmdk666 wrote:
adrian5118 wrote:
An interview with the vocalist on YouTube that I watched talked about the upcoming album's production, and the vocalist was saying words like "progressive and "different" that made me slightly nervous, but surprisingly I like it better than the more recent albums. The only downside I think was the lack of cupped vocals so the gutturals didn't come out as loud as I would have liked. Great production with Protools as always.

Have you seen Suffocation live? They are tight as fuck. I doubt they had to rely that much on pro-tools, I just think they had a bigger budget this time with Nuclear Blast.

Yeah I've seen them live and I didn't mean studio cheating, I meant that the production sounded great.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
PFL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmdk666 wrote:
PFL wrote:
bmdk666 wrote:
While this album was definitely good, I was hoping for something more brutal. They are starting to sound a bit dated to my ears. Like someone else said the production is really top notch. I'd like to hear Pierced From Within with this production.

I'd actually like to hear Breeding The Spawn with this production.

Absolutely. You would think someday they have to re-record that album with proper production. How they let that reach the public in the first place is beyond me.

[/url]

They were actually supposed to record that with Scott Burns, but Roadrunner didn't want them to use Scott Burns because at the time, "everyone was using him".
Kosmas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Neither. This may put you off, but it reminds me of when Morbid Angel came out with "Gateways to Annihilation." It's not a return to their old style but it doesn't resemble its immediate predecessors either.

Gateways is an awesome release !
Who gives a fuck whether it's like their older stuff or not.
It's a killer album !
bmdk666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Infidel wrote:
I've given up on them. The only thing I like is the first ep, first two albums, and Despise The Sun. Is it a return to this or more of what they've been doing?

Fuck man I was thinking the same thing.... it's funny though because they sound nothing alike. They both had great production.
bmdk666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
bmdk666 wrote:
adrian5118 wrote:
An interview with the vocalist on YouTube that I watched talked about the upcoming album's production, and the vocalist was saying words like "progressive and "different" that made me slightly nervous, but surprisingly I like it better than the more recent albums. The only downside I think was the lack of cupped vocals so the gutturals didn't come out as loud as I would have liked. Great production with Protools as always.

Have you seen Suffocation live? They are tight as fuck. I doubt they had to rely that much on pro-tools, I just think they had a bigger budget this time with Nuclear Blast.

Yeah I've seen them live and I didn't mean studio cheating, I meant that the production sounded great.

I see. I thought pro-tools was used for things like fixing the drums if they're sloppy.
Tzimisce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a strong album [especially compared to the miserable S/T], but it still feels like they're holding back. Tracks 1, 2 and 7 are all really stellar and pretty unusual for Suffocation, but the rest of the songs are solid yet typical for them.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to buy this new Suffocation album soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: