P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SUFFOCATION - Blood Oath
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: SUFFOCATION - Blood Oath Reply with quote

Comments?

Any one know which distros in the US carry this other than CM/NB?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2971
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. The old fellas still have it. Production is the best they've ever had, cover art is great, and the music is good - better than the last couple albums I think.

As far as who is carrying it, I'd assume most of the larger/more mainstream distros. I know The End has it.
_________________
http://unspeakableaxerecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
peterott



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 4716
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuclear Blast is selling the vinyl version for 18.99 Euros...seems they start cashing in on vinyl buyers...
_________________
Tradelist + Good Traders:
www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Warp Zone



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a pretty good album. definitely not as many memorable parts as say...Effigy or Pierced...but it's solid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nekrokunt_Usurper



Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 2987
Location: London

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: SUFFOCATION - Blood Oath Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
Comments?

Any one know which distros in the US carry this other than CM/NB?


Amazon. Or not kvlt enough?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
throneofmight



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 2040
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Nuclear Blast is selling the vinyl version for 18.99 Euros...seems they start cashing in on vinyl buyers...


...and there will be airheads paying for that...kick ass album though!
_________________
BLAZING OBSCURITY TAPE LABEL| http://blazingobscurity.blogspot.com/
10% discount code: ARMY-KGNG-M488-C8Q4 ONLY on "ARMY" tagged merch at http://www.cmdistro.com/index.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmdk666



Joined: 07 Jun 2007
Posts: 1060

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this album was definitely good, I was hoping for something more brutal. They are starting to sound a bit dated to my ears. Like someone else said the production is really top notch. I'd like to hear Pierced From Within with this production.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adrian5118



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2673

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interview with the vocalist on YouTube that I watched talked about the upcoming album's production, and the vocalist was saying words like "progressive and "different" that made me slightly nervous, but surprisingly I like it better than the more recent albums. The only downside I think was the lack of cupped vocals so the gutturals didn't come out as loud as I would have liked. Great production with Protools as always.
_________________
Rare shirts of DEATHKEY, AMORPHIS, DEMONCY, SSP, etc.:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmdk666



Joined: 07 Jun 2007
Posts: 1060

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
An interview with the vocalist on YouTube that I watched talked about the upcoming album's production, and the vocalist was saying words like "progressive and "different" that made me slightly nervous, but surprisingly I like it better than the more recent albums. The only downside I think was the lack of cupped vocals so the gutturals didn't come out as loud as I would have liked. Great production with Protools as always.


Have you seen Suffocation live? They are tight as fuck. I doubt they had to rely that much on pro-tools, I just think they had a bigger budget this time with Nuclear Blast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PFL



Joined: 29 May 2009
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmdk666 wrote:
While this album was definitely good, I was hoping for something more brutal. They are starting to sound a bit dated to my ears. Like someone else said the production is really top notch. I'd like to hear Pierced From Within with this production.


I'd actually like to hear Breeding The Spawn with this production.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the samples I've heard, this is better than their last couple of "comeback" albums. Sounds good to these ears.

And a true death metal cover art that harkens back to the good old 90s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's their best since Breeding.......
The bass is very audible........
Songwriting is great.
Excellent album!!!
As for rerecording Breeding, I Agree somewhat,
however I think the original production
is great and unique.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Infidel



Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 441
Location: Book Suppository Buildin', PA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on them. The only thing I like is the first ep, first two albums, and Despise The Sun. Is it a return to this or more of what they've been doing?
_________________
"Euphoria, shut the fuck up! I know that was you, I ain't even gotta look! I should send your ass back to Crenshaw Pete with his hot ass coat hangers, bitch! Would you like that?"


Last edited by Infidel on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HotBlack



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 2240
Location: osaka][:::;;;>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
I think it's their best since Breeding.......
The bass is very audible........
Songwriting is great.
Excellent album!!!
As for rerecording Breeding, I Agree somewhat,
however I think the original production
is great and unique.



ye, just bring the volume level up a bit Razz
_________________
IXTAB wrote:
The retard getting hit with a guitar is starting to become annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bmdk666



Joined: 07 Jun 2007
Posts: 1060

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFL wrote:
bmdk666 wrote:
While this album was definitely good, I was hoping for something more brutal. They are starting to sound a bit dated to my ears. Like someone else said the production is really top notch. I'd like to hear Pierced From Within with this production.


I'd actually like to hear Breeding The Spawn with this production.


Absolutely. You would think someday they have to re-record that album with proper production. How they let that reach the public in the first place is beyond me.





[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group