P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

IT BEGINS.... (Blasphemy DIE HARDS debut on Ebay)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyderhorn is right, although it would certainly make it harder for them to obtain copies having to go through different PayPal accounts and having them sent to different addresses and such. It kind of makes you think, why would someone go through so much trouble just to make some money on eBay? I mean really, it's pety if you think about it. Why not invest in stocks or something that would ensure a lot more profit in the end. It would probably be a lot less trouble, too.

And Mutta, just wait until you have to be away from the internet for a certain length of time and aren't able to score something you want. Later you find out people have bought multiple copies and are selling them for three times as much as what you could of originally had it for. We'll see who's crying then...
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God,please stop the bitching.People bought multiple copies because there were 4 different versions of the die hard and some metalheads are completists.Just buy the regular version and stop the bleeding.

Black Vinyl sounds better anyways,so if you are really into it for just the music then a Regular version should suffice.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're also not talking about those who bought a copy of each version. Razz We're talking about those who bought multiple copies of everything with the explicit intention of reselling to make a handsome profit at the expense of others.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that if you went to the record store and found 4 copies of the Marquis De Sade Black Angel 7" would you buy them all and sell the spares on auction or would you leave 3 copies for other Metalheads to enjoy Laughing
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
Black Vinyl sounds better anyways,so if you are really into it for just the music then a Regular version should suffice.

I wasn't one of those who missed out on this. As I said in earlier posts, I'm not really into Blasphemy. I just get pissed off at how crazed and out of hand this shit has become. Not to mention, also for the reasons Dodens listed above.
Mutta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Lyderhorn is right, although it would certainly make it harder for them to obtain copies having to go through different PayPal accounts and having them sent to different addresses and such. It kind of makes you think, why would someone go through so much trouble just to make some money on eBay? I mean really, it's pety if you think about it. Why not invest in stocks or something that would ensure a lot more profit in the end. It would probably be a lot less trouble, too.

And Mutta, just wait until you have to be away from the internet for a certain length of time and aren't able to score something you want. Later you find out people have bought multiple copies and are selling them for three times as much as what you could of originally had it for. We'll see who's crying then...

Its computers every where in the world you know Cool
bmdk666

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Can you report him again because the auction is up again. It looks like it was pulled once because none of the bids are there.

It wasn't canceled, the guy deleted the bidder himself because of low feedback... you can verify this by clicking on the bidding history.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok can you report him regardless?

Web: nwnprod.com

segerhuva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
Black Vinyl sounds better anyways

This is one of those things that I hear a lot, but I have never heard anyone say WHY black vinyl would sound better than coloured vinyl... Granted, I've heard quite a few picture discs that sound pretty terrible, but as for coloured vinyls, I haven't really heard this supposed quality difference myself. I have a lot of vinyls that aren't black, and they still sound excellent.

I am seriously interested in hearing some kind of theory/evidence as to why black viny is supposedly superior to coloured vinyl. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand it correctly, black vinyl contains graphite which the other colors do not, so it is more durable. You may not notice a difference the first time you play them, but after repeated listening colored vinyl will get more worn down and is more easily scratched, etc.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I understand it correctly, black vinyl contains graphite which the other colors do not, so it is more durable. You may not notice a difference the first time you play them, but after repeated listening colored vinyl will get more worn down and is more easily scratched, etc.

I personally think it's just a myth. It might have to be that scratches and dust particles are harder to see on the surface of colored vinyl LPs so people automatically assume that they sound worse.

It really doesn't make much of a difference when listening to black/death metal.

Web: nwnprod.com

segerhuva

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyderhorn wrote:

Where'd you hear this? I have been trying to find more info on the use of graphite in vinyl pressing, but haven't found any tangible info, or any kind of explanation on how it's supposedly improving the quality.

I just talked to one of the technicians at the Swedish Radio's record archive (incidentally one of the largest in the world), and he said that he very much doubted that there was any difference in sound quality between black/coloured vinyl.

With the kind of music I normally listen to, and the relatively cheap equipment I have, there is no way I can hear any difference between the two, when comparing stuff that I have on both black + colour vinyl... But people keep talking about this supposed difference (esp on the Southern Lord forum, heh) so much that it's become some sort of truth... Just wondering how much truth there is in it...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Just heard the graphite-thing from an audiophile I know and people have been saying this in discussions like this I've had before, both online and real life, so I don't have links to any sources that back up the claim.

It might only make a difference if you're listening to classical music or something - since much of what I listen to are rotten basement recordings I really don't think whatever minor difference may exist between black and colored vinyl matters.
Humus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying price: 100 dollar
Selling price: 376 dollar

Rolling Eyes
bmdk666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Buying price: 100 dollar
Selling price: 376 dollar

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, the guy is a dickhead and the people are suckers. I don't care how much I want the record I wouldn't give my money to this douchebag. I personally am for ebay; I'm just an average metal fan, I don't have any special connections so if I need an OOP record ebay is pretty much my only option(unless you want to trade with someone you've never met before and risk getting fucked over). And sometimes you need to unload some records(this was clearly not the case here). Unfortunately there is no way to stop people from being assholes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: