P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

IT BEGINS.... (Blasphemy DIE HARDS debut on Ebay)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Yosuke, have you considered putting a limit on the number of copies one can buy? Of course there are exceptions with people who want to have a spare copy and those who are ordering for multiple people, but they can explain their situation when they order. This would hopefully reduce the number of people buying up a dozen copies and chucking them up on eBay...I'm sure a lot of the people on eBay trying to buy those Blasphemy Die Hards would've rather bought them from you if some fuck didn't snatch them all up first.

Just a thought, I don't know how feasible it is for a one-man operation.

I think people shall have the choice to buy as many they want .
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't both sell limitless copies and stop people from leeching. My suggestion was only if Yosuke really wanted to stop the exploitation. I understand that he runs a business. I was just throwing out an idea.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just heard that ebay is thinking of banning all black metal from beinf sold on ebay. So i guess the madness is really happening.
markos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
ive just heard that ebay is thinking of banning all black metal from beinf sold on ebay. So i guess the madness is really happening.

you must be kidding!!!! what a buncha fucking squares!!!

as far as selling stuff on ebay; are we all going to report warren666's auctions when they go up(if they haven't already)? are we going to report it everytime a NWN! release hits ebay? i don't know(and don't really care either), but it seems a little weird to me. i do think that limiting the # of copies one can buy is a better way to go. if you really want doubles/triples you can pay for shipping all over(although this would suck for yosuke, having to pack records seperately that are all going to the same place) and if your friends don't have a paypal accounts and can't buy copies for themselves, like, tough shit.

whatever, though.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually eBay has already enacted a policy that bans all Black Metal, but they suck at enforcing it.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yosuke, have you considered putting a limit on the number of copies one can buy? Of course there are exceptions with people who want to have a spare copy and those who are ordering for multiple people, but they can explain their situation when they order. This would hopefully reduce the number of people buying up a dozen copies and chucking them up on eBay...I'm sure a lot of the people on eBay trying to buy those Blasphemy Die Hards would've rather bought them from you if some fuck didn't snatch them all up first.

Just a thought, I don't know how feasible it is for a one-man operation.

I won't do that because postage kills and people from Europe like to combine orders to save some money.

Good to hear about Ebay banning black metal. I hope it happens for real.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

markos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear about Ebay banning black metal. I hope it happens for real.[/quote]

sadly, it'll never happen. people will just start calling it heavy metal or something. it would be cool though to cut down on the buy multiples to sell on ebay phenomenon.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then they will start selling it in forums or other auction sites , i doubt youll stop those rip off money hungry fuckers
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Dodens. Put a reasonable limit on the copies someone can buy. It should be obvious by now that the majority of those who are buying multiple copies are just doing so to make quick cash and in the process they're taking copies from people who have no interest in profits and forcing them to pay double or triple the amount they originally sold for to obtain a copy. If this wasn't apparent with the Witchfinder General and Bone Awl die-hards, it surely is now with the Blasphemy. Yosuke even printed more copies and vowed not to reveal the pressing limit. Some good it did, the shit is still happening!

I'd bet you guys who are going against this would bitch too if you weren't able to sit on the computer all day, refresh the store every five minutes and be able to have first grabs at everything that goes up for sale. It's not those who don't have the money that are missing out on copies. I think the fact that someone is willing to bet $75.00 on a copy proves that point. No, it's those who have somewhat of a life and can't be on this website all the time or have limited internet access who get the shaft.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its catch 22 , if people didnt pay the 75$ or what ever then these people wouldnt buy multiple copies , but people pay these prices cos those fuckers buy all the copies. It isnt fair that yosuke limits how many copies he sells to people , he as a business to run.
markos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
its catch 22 , if people didnt pay the 75$ or what ever then these people wouldnt buy multiple copies , but people pay these prices cos those fuckers buy all the copies. It isnt fair that yosuke limits how many copies he sells to people , he as a business to run.

agreed, that he has a business to run, but i'm sure he would sell out of most die hards pretty fast even if it were just one record at a time.

what am i doing still talking about this? i don't even care about this shit! i've gotta lose the internet for good one of these days. i don't know how all the time i've pissed away online is gonna sit with me on my deathbed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limiting one per customer usually doesn't work. "Professional" flippers usually use several addresses/PO Boxes in order to get multiple copies of "one per customer"-items. Some people who have used other boards to promote their eBay-auctions have admitted to this, so there is really nothing that can be done besides keeping stuff in print, which really isn't always a good options for smaller labels since funds are limited and when there's a choice between keeping old stuff in print or releasing new stuff, most would understandably rather put out new releases.
Mutta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop crying about how many copies people shall be able to buy or not buy !

Because Yosuke is the boss and i also wiew his point that its allright for people to buy as many they want & buy copies along with their friends !
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is saying that people shouldn't be able to buy multiple copies for personal use or combine orders. People just want to see the leeches put to rest.
Blackmetalhed213

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:

I'd bet you guys who are going against this would bitch too if you weren't able to sit on the computer all day, refresh the store every five minutes and be able to have first grabs at everything that goes up for sale. It's not those who don't have the money that are missing out on copies. I think the fact that someone is willing to bet $75.00 on a copy proves that point. No, it's those who have somewhat of a life and can't be on this website all the time or have limited internet access who get the shaft.

What the hell are you talking about?

Yosuke lets us know in advance when releases are going to arrive. He let us know a week in advance of when the Blasphemy die hards were going to arrive and they arrived on the day he said they would. He then said he was going to put them together and put them in the online shop later that night or the next day.

This isn't a big message board. It takes 5 minutes to get updated by reading new posts.

If finding out when the Blasphemy diehards come out isn't a priority of yours then don't bitch. The "Caller of the Storms" and "Nocturnal Grave Desecrator and Black Winds" die hards sold out after 2 days. That's plenty of time to snag a copy. If you don't have internet access go to your local library where it's free.

For those that missed out on copies because of financial problems that really sucks. I know getting this release was a priority of mine once Yosuke said that the diehards would be back from GZ in about 2 weeks.
I don't have money to get tons of releases, but I made damn sure I had money to get those Blasphemy diehards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: