P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Falanga (Evil early Soviet Thrash/Death)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincebus Eruptum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great!
I am always interested in obscure stuff from eastern europe!
Destrozer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Any English language websites on Russian/Soviet/Eastern European thrash and heavy metal?

Also what was going on in the Ukraine at the time. Only bands I ever hear about from that region are all NSBM stuff.

http://lawless2005.narod.ru/jungli.htm
though I understand shit...

Some great stuff also came from the Baltic countries. Nekropol is one of them that finally got their demo '93 got re-released on CD by Imperium Rec.
http://myspace.com/nekropol

That is a good site, but it deals only with stuff that was released on vinyl. Most of the great 80s Soviet stuff never made it to that stage. Many of them never even made it to the "normal tape" level, but were released on these older format that I don't know the name of.
This is what I mean:

Destrozer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same with many the Russian Metal encyclopaedias I have read; most of the bands are missing. Great underground bands like Ataka, Kantor, TOK, Krueger, Tor, Autodafe, Metastaza, Abadonna and dozens of other are missing. I've been playing with the idea of making one myself, in English. I actually think it would turn out to be great.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is a "magnitnaya lenta" or the like?
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destrozer wrote:
It's the same with many the Russian Metal encyclopaedias I have read; most of the bands are missing. Great underground bands like Ataka, Kantor, TOK, Krueger, Tor, Autodafe, Metastaza, Abadonna and dozens of other are missing. I've been playing with the idea of making one myself, in English. I actually think it would turn out to be great.

My problem is, that I can't read Russian. So I am pretty off when seeing these kind of EPs/tapes/magnetic datatapes or whatever and can't translate a name out of it Wink The covers often do not give an "Metal" impression, so it's damn hard to get the real stuff...

Though, I once bought a LP with a killer cover that turned out to be ProgRock. By the cover I hoped for an unknown Death Metal gem. Boy was I wrong... 5 Euros down the abyss...

Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destrozer wrote:
No English websites on this kind of stuff. There were tons of bands like this in the Soviet Union. But due to the vastness of the country, most of these bands are totally unknown even for most people in Russia nowadays. I have been in many stores in Russia asking for info about many underground Soviet bands and they usually have no idea.
99% of bands that are more widely known there sucks actually
Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Destrozer wrote:

My problem is, that I can't read Russian. So I am pretty off when seeing these kind of EPs/tapes/magnetic datatapes or whatever and can't translate a name out of it Wink The covers often do not give an "Metal" impression, so it's damn hard to get the real stuff...

Though, I once bought a LP with a killer cover that turned out to be ProgRock. By the cover I hoped for an unknown Death Metal gem. Boy was I wrong... 5 Euros down the abyss...

Lol those days it is patriotic nazi christian band ... and sucks pretty much though not that much like Korrozia Metalla....

and Magnitnaya lenta means magnetic tape..
Violent_Scimitar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destrozer wrote:
Many of them never even made it to the "normal tape" level, but were released on these older format that I don't know the name of.
This is what I mean:

Yeah, most people don't realize how scarce MCs were. Probably 99.9% of all CCCP underground metal from non-album bands is only on reel-to-reel.

And there are plenty of stories to make the collectors and archivists cringe, like of kids having tape fights with old obsolete reels. I seem to recall there was some funny incident with some old pop singer around the '90s (maybe Sofia Rotaru?), basically a studio switching to digital gave over unsorted tape reels to use as ribbons for a photo shoot.
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Alisa were so bad Embarassed
Destrozer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Alisa is classic stuff.
Bestial_Lust

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check this out tomorrow, right now im too tired and busy enough with listening to some Destruction
Destrozer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Soviet Metal.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
peterott wrote:
Destrozer wrote:

Lol those days it is patriotic nazi christian band ... and sucks pretty much though not that much like Korrozia Metalla....

and Magnitnaya lenta means magnetic tape..

Nazi? No way... They performed her ein Israel a few years ago. And yeah, they suck badly! Peter - I've got tears of laughter in my eyes form reading your comment about hoping to hear an obscure DM band on this record Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:

Nazi? No way... They performed her ein Israel a few years ago.

And being nazis would be somewhat frowned upon I guess. Cool

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: