P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Scarecrow “Deo Optimo Maximo” LP Out Now
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Scarecrow “Deo Optimo Maximo” LP Out Now Reply with quote

Scarecrow “Deo Optimo Maximo” LP
ANTI-GOTH 351

(Description by C. Conrad)
As evidenced by several releases in the label’s back catalog, Nuclear War Now! has always had a special affinity to Eastern European metal of the late 1980s and early 1990s. The label now adds Poland´s Scarecrow to its ever-expanding roster of bands from that region and era. Along with others from that subset – such as Kat, Hellias, Root, and Tudor – Scarecrow’s effectiveness was derived from a somewhat unrefined and unmistakably genuine evil that permeated its music. However, unlike their fellow countrymen in Kat and Hellias, both of whose styles were more thrash-oriented, Scarecrow’s style was much more aligned with other bands from the first wave of black metal. At the same time, a shared trait among these three Polish bands, as well as with their Czech neighbors in Root and Tudor, was their reliance on their native language in their lyrics. This feature added an exotic element that served to distinguish them from the vast majority of metal bands who have instead historically relied on the more accessible but less unique adoption of English-language lyrics, regardless of their native tongue. The enshrouded obscurity of the meaning in Scarecrow’s lyrics was visually matched by the executioner-styled hoods that the trio was known to wear for their early live performances.
With this release of “Deo Optimo Maximo,” Nuclear War Now! once again breathes new life into a cult relic from the trove of ancient Eastern European metal in the form of a collection that includes Scarecrow’s 1989 demo of the same title in its entirety, as well as three instrumental rehearsal tracks that were recorded for the second demo in 1990. All songs are characterized by their short durations, which affirmatively serve to enhance their violent explosiveness. The percussive techniques and patterns are often reminiscent of the Brazilian deathcore style popularized by the controlled chaos of D.D. Crazy (SarcóI_LOVE_PENIS / Sextrash / Insulter) and occasionally involve brief lapses where the drums drop out altogether from underneath the riffing of the guitar and bass, only to return in full a few seconds later. Songs often stop and restart on a dime with impressive precision, and riff changes – although measured, deliberate, and fitting – are often less than subtle. On top of this lethal concoction, guitar leads erupt and once again remind us that a less-refined style of metal is not necessarily one that is co-opted by default due to lack of technical skill. Instead, these recordings provide further evidence that the most provocative styles are often those that are created in and become emblematic of a unique geographical and period-specific context.

Limited edition of 250 copies with black vinyl LP, jacket, insert, patch and sticker.

-LISTEN-

Click here to order.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

doomedplanet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great release, one of your best reissues in awhile.. pure thrashing madness.
DISGUSTOR666

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , totally fukking sick!!! Been recommending to a lot of friends. Would buy a shirt for sure if that ever happens.
Out Now:
Rude - "Remnants", Hirax - "1984 Demo", Thy Infernal - "Satan's Wrath", Magazine #10
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomedplanet wrote:
Great release, one of your best reissues in awhile..

+1

more eastern bloc madness please!
Destrozer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:

+1

Yeah, how about some Front, Kantor or Kremator? I can help you contacting them...
Also the 1988 "Orden Satany" would be a blast. Are you familiar with the original recorning? Not the LP recording but the earlier one.
And how is it going with that Caribean reissue? Smile
And will of course get Scarecrow.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destrozer wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:

+1

Yeah, how about some Front, Kantor or Kremator? I can help you contacting them...
Also the 1988 "Orden Satany" would be a blast. Are you familiar with the original recorning? Not the LP recording but the earlier one.

Good calls, but there are so many amazing eastern obscurities. In my opinion the most urgent would be the Eternal Might demo from Imperator, one of the most raging recordings ever... Consecrate demos compilations would be a great surprise but I doubt they will resurface any time soon...

Anyway that lp will give a rest to my tape for a little while!
Zombi Danz Zine #1 (Archgoat, Blasphemy, Bulldozer, Cultes Des Ghoules, Denial Of God, Holocausto, Poison, Possession, Sadistik Exekution, Ungod, Vermeth, Witchfynde, Xibalba) on sale, last copies.
zombidanzine@gmail.com
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:
In my opinion the most urgent would be the Eternal Might demo from Imperator, one of the most raging recordings ever...

Whole Imperator demography is a must.
Destrozer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reminding me of Consecrate! Have not listened to them in years. Russia's 90s answer to Mortuary Drape!

Zombie Dance wrote:
Destrozer wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:

+1

Good calls, but there are so many amazing eastern obscurities. In my opinion the most urgent would be the Eternal Might demo from Imperator, one of the most raging recordings ever... Consecrate demos compilations would be a great surprise but I doubt they will resurface any time soon...

sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are some talks that Imperator demos will finally see a light on vinyl till the end of the year
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destrozer wrote:
Thanks for reminding me of Consecrate! Have not listened to them in years. Russia's 90s answer to Mortuary Drape!

Zombie Dance wrote:
Destrozer wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:

+1

Been listening to the Consecrate : Unholy demo a lot lately, unique bass sound, only found elsewhere in MD indeed, never heard the second demo though nor have i seen that compilation.

Quote:
They are some talks that Imperator demos will finally see a light on vinyl till the end of the year

Last time I talked to Bariel he didn't mention it, that's amazing news, we did a huge interview for the next issue of my zine, so many great stories revolves around this huge band.
Zombi Danz Zine #1 (Archgoat, Blasphemy, Bulldozer, Cultes Des Ghoules, Denial Of God, Holocausto, Poison, Possession, Sadistik Exekution, Ungod, Vermeth, Witchfynde, Xibalba) on sale, last copies.
zombidanzine@gmail.com
sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:

Quote:

Last time I talked to Bariel he didn't mention it, that's amazing news, we did a huge interview for the next issue of my zine, so many great stories revolves around this huge band.

Bariel now is co-producing some beer products under the band monicker. But somewhere on their FB wall he said that re-releases are in works.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:

Bariel now is co-producing some beer products under the band monicker.

I'd like to know how to get one of these, but everything on their FB page is in polish Confused

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18581638_1486842131334072_8970197605473132838_n.jpg?oh=d55c177a16ca8149c6831b9e021030f7&oe=599E2324
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Eastern European stuff will be Bombarder.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
sztorm75 wrote:

Bariel now is co-producing some beer products under the band monicker.

I'd like to know how to get one of these, but everything on their FB page is in polish Confused

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18581638_1486842131334072_8970197605473132838_n.jpg?oh=d55c177a16ca8149c6831b9e021030f7&oe=599E2324

write him down a PM in Imperator FB page
Naekrospavvn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
The next Eastern European stuff will be Bombarder.

I though it's already happened. Or will it be some of their later albums?
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=756867#756867
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: