P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that "Red Hot" 12" a boot or a real Elektra (or whatever label they were on) piece? Either way, I want it. That song cooks !
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. E wrote:
THRASHEADEREK wrote:
Matt Foley wrote:
Maybe it's just that kids nowadays think that EVERYTHING from the 80s was cool. Laughing

Being a kid (15 years old), I can honestly say that your statement is false.
Anyways, I'm more of a fan of 90s shit.
Stereotypes SUCK! Wink

15? You might be the youngest member of the forum. I'm curious, what are some of your favorite bands?

15 really isn't that young. I'm 15 and my favorite bands are bands like Blasphemy, Beherit, Sarcofago, Blood (ger), Bathory, Hellhammer, Vulcano, Repulsion, Mystifier, Mercyful Fate, Judas Priest (pre-Killing Machine), Tormentor, Witchfinder General, Voivod (War and Pain and Rrroooaaarrr especially), blah blah blah. I don't like much outside of metal besides Kraftwerk, Dead Can Dance, Tangerine Dream, Pink Floyd, Beethoven and Bad Brains. My non-metal tastes are strikingly similar to Conservationist.

And just about all glam is lame. Whenever I listen to any traditional hard rock like Motley Crue, I always think of how much better it would be to be listening to Motorhead, Priest, and Sabbath.
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool dude. the lion's share of yr fave bands didn't exist when I was 15. Hail the teens of this board !
masters_throne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeethofSkull wrote:
is that "Red Hot" 12" a boot or a real Elektra (or whatever label they were on) piece? Either way, I want it. That song cooks !

bootleg, live tracks on it...

HELLTHRASHER -l- wrote:
masters_throne wrote:

this is to kult (forgot the put other poser shit like gnr, etc).

My sentiments exactly.
And that is an awesome 'Some Demos - Some Live' & 'Red Hot' LP! Never seen that. Is it a single??

from the size of the other lps you can figure out both are also 12"... both bootlegs, the "Some Demos - Some Live" is a double-lp, the demo tracks are pretty killer, the live sound is not the best...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
both bootlegs, the "Some Demos - Some Live" is a double-lp, the demo tracks are pretty killer, the live sound is not the best...

argh. like I said - I wann'em !
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows that Gary Glitter is the true king of Glam!
Nocturnal Graves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
Yes. I was astounded when I saw Motley Crue shirts at Keep It True. What the fuck. And Appetite For Destruction sucks ass too.

No way, Appetite is a classic! I can't see that as being solely a glam record, it's simply a great rock and roll album through and through. Street tough, street smart, sleezy, boozy and big booby!
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first two Motley Crue albums a whole lot. "Appetite for Destruction" is great as well. Off stage, both of these bands were probably more out of control than most of the Black Metal bands of today combined.

I guess W.A.S.P. and Twisted Sister gets thrown in the glam mix too, huh?

You got to love "Stay Hunger" if you're into Metal. Aside from the stupid and played out "Were Not Gonna Take" it, that's a pretty heavy record.
Nocturnal Graves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I like the first two Motley Crue albums a whole lot. "Appetite for Destruction" is great as well. Off stage, both of these bands were probably more out of control than most of the Black Metal bands of today combined.

You got to love "Stay Hunger" if you're into Metal. Aside from the stupid and played out "Were Not Gonna Take" it, that's a pretty heavy record.

I am listening to Stay Hungry as I type this. S.M.F. haha
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

Never though of W.A.S.P. as glam, just OTT heavy metal- and fucking killer too.
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Sister and WASP are the only related bands I liked and still like a lot. I don't think of them as glam bands so I wrote "related". For all other glam stuff I never cared about from back when then first played then till now... In fact many of these glam bands were giving my nerves a nasty spin Laughing Too addicted to thrash/black/death I guess haha
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PxRxPx wrote:
I too love all that sad bastard stuff, Bauhaus, Southern Death Cult (and all of their future incarnations), Dead Can Dance, Sisters of Mercy etc. I also love all the darker anarcho punk bands like The Mob, Crisis, Vex, Rudimentary Peni, Kulturkampf and so on. Would these bands be hessian approved? I need to know if this music is metal in spirit. It's VERY important to me.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned any bands (other than Kiss) that fell under the umbrella of 70's glam yet. Most of the 80's Hair metal was pretty uninspired and hackneyed in my opinion, but The New York Dolls, Slade, Sweet and T Rex were all pretty kick ass rock and roll bands if you ask me.

Get yourself Antisect's In Darkness... if you don't have it already, it's fucking gloooooooooomy. Lots of Motorhead going on there too.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody like the first couple Cheap Trick records? I think they're pretty great bubblegum rock, with a tinge of glam and metal. Such a pity how that band went down the toilet for the sake of a couple big radio hits later on.
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Twisted Sisters "Stay Hungry" record and GNRs "Lies". I have "Lies" on casette and it's pretty cool (other side is iron maiden "killers" hehe)

I tried to listen some glam stuff, like Poison, but it's too soft and kinda wimpy to me
THRASHEADEREK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Anybody like the first couple Cheap Trick records? I think they're pretty great bubblegum rock, with a tinge of glam and metal. Such a pity how that band went down the toilet for the sake of a couple big radio hits later on.

I don't know about their first few albums, but I have a 2CD set of both Budokan shows, which are actually pretty good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: