P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metal Hammer Thrash (Metal Hammer extra)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teh_gei_Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Metal Hammer Thrash (Metal Hammer extra) Reply with quote

I have the second issue with Slayer on cover and im very interested in getting more of them. How many issues is there? Are they rare or something?
Give me all the info you have about these magazines!
S. Berserker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, these mags were great. I don't think there were many done, they may have done six or something. Not sure.

Really made me aware of the more underground bands of the time, like Beherit, Impaled Nazarene etc., while still covering everything up to Metallica.

There was one issue, it was half Metallica and half Sepultura - Just after Sepultura released 'Arise' - But it had this complete listing of all Metallica releases, bootlegs and all, with pictures of each cover. Great shit.
AtomicGrave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this mag was awesome. don't think it is particularly rare as it even made it's way to Oz as previously posted. back then it was a good way to get familiar with the distant European scene for a youngster discovering Death Metal( and the 'new' Black Metal hysteria, the Beherit and D.Throne interviews/photos really stood out).
of the 7 issues i have 3 have Slayer on the cover, 2 have Sepultura and 2 have Megadeth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: