P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ASPHYX-Death.. The Brutal Way NEW CD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Profaned_Exhumating_Flesh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: ASPHYX-Death.. The Brutal Way NEW CD Reply with quote

Today( Thanks to Wannes from Asphyx) i receive my copy of the new album and DVD from this migthy band, just i can say its totally insane!!!!
abd the DVD is HQ, order this jewel!!!

Last edited by Profaned_Exhumating_Flesh on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was blown away by the new Asphyx as well. It's their best material since "Embrace The Death". Their demos and "Mutilating Process" rule, too.
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: ASPHYX-Death.. The Brutal Way NEW CD Reply with quote

Profaned_Exhumating_Flesh wrote:
Today( Thanks to Wannes from Asphyx) i receive my copy of the new album and DVD from this migthy band, just i can say its totally insane!!!!

Where?
There is LP version for this?

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
HotBlack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait!!! ...mine is in the mail right now \m/

...my Blood Harvest order just came in the mail an hour ago; Demilich 12" reissue and BH God Macabre reissue. These will keep me occupied till the Asphyx shows up Very Happy

...This Blood Harvest re-issue of God Macabre is really nice; fucking corner got bent in the mail though.. AUCH!
morbiddeceiver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vinyl issue is mandatory!!
peterott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: ASPHYX-Death.. The Brutal Way NEW CD Reply with quote

Kakarot SS5 wrote:
Profaned_Exhumating_Flesh wrote:

Where?

Vinyl version available from Nuclear Blast and Perverted Taste already (I will get it from PT hopefully in the next days). Limited to 666 copies, so act a bit faster as it may be sold out quite fast.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: ASPHYX-Death.. The Brutal Way NEW CD Reply with quote

Kakarot SS5 wrote:

I ordered my copy from iron tyrant

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
BlackNazareth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised upon listening to the new ASPHYX, really underestimated the album, fucking damn well of a job done! get this!
I'll probably try to grab the DVD.
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great album, but in this way no need to Hail Of Bullets!!!
Listened today many times and like it!
Humus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've listened to a few songs on youtube and sounds great. I hope I can buy the LP version in Germany on saturday.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, the cover art is bad. Reminds me hail of bullets one, perhaps it's the same guy who did it.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artwork is horrible.

First of all, I'll admit I've only listened to it once so far, but I have very mixed feelings about this album. Some parts of it sound great, good heavy riffs, nice to see they haven't abandoned the eerie guitar melodies as well. However, I can't help but feel the album is just too long, some of the songs are obviously filler material. Though the clean production isn't as bad as I thought it might be (the bass sound is great), I really think that the rawness of "The Rack" and other albums suits Asphyx much better.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:
I was blown away by the new Asphyx as well. It's their best material since "Embrace The Death". Their demos and "Mutilating Process" rule, too.

You do know that Embrace the Death is their debut?
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
Artwork is horrible.

First of all, I'll admit I've only listened to it once so far, but I have very mixed feelings about this album. Some parts of it sound great, good heavy riffs, nice to see they haven't abandoned the eerie guitar melodies as well. However, I can't help but feel the album is just too long, some of the songs are obviously filler material. Though the clean production isn't as bad as I thought it might be (the bass sound is great), I really think that the rawness of "The Rack" and other albums suits Asphyx much better.

Though I haven't heard the full album, I noticed the sound is exactly the same as on ...Of Frost and War. That made me cringe a little.
TerrorFromBehind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it a try to listen the whole album a couple of times....but what the fuck? It is not a bad album but... for you the real OLD(by all meanings)-schoolers out there, isn't it a little bit of senseless and boring to listen to such releases? In other words, I mean, after so many years that Van Drunen was away, they had already changed their style which finally led them to disband in 2000. And then in 2007 they re-unite to play like they used to play 20 years ago? Isn't it a little bit cheap? To me it sounds like an 80-year old man desperately trying to fuck his old-wife the way he used to fuck her when he was 20 and expects to please her the same old way. It's a shame for a band trying to copy themselves just for the hype of it all. Ok, much better than Pestilence's last crap, but still...TOO WEAK to stand next to their early releases. Ok, they know the recipie how to make their music sound like old-Asphyx...better than anyone else... but... is this enough for an album to be considered a good release???? Sometimes I really wonder what is the average age of the buyers that support such releases nowdays...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: