P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

King of internet black metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious about this statement

"Live in Harmony with Nature - Reject modern society and transcend materialism"

CD's LP's and even more so:guitars are made of materials that deplete
earth's natural resources. Vehicles that transport bands form gig to gig use fuel. I am curious to what materials Hessian's living quarters are constructed from; wood, recyclable milk bottles, ?etc.

"Why do we continue to produce and buy industrial products when we have each seen how industrial byproducts poison our world, bring us cancers, and force us into mechanical jobs?"

The guitar Craftsmen at guitar factories are in the position of a somewhat mechanical job. As Ali G once said "me friend Rainbow Jeremy is totally against techmology, check out his website."
I realize I am ignorant in this type of philosophy, but could you please explain this comment, "Even obscure maladies like anal warts receive reams of focused attention by high-trained and high-paid specialists, conjecturing and thinking and experimenting".
Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Endless Morbidity



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 2108
Location: New York

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no time to pay attention to all this drivel, but whenever I went on a tirade against materialism, people were always quick to bring up the fact that most of my money goes to CD's and Vinyl.

Of course, these people couldn't grasp the concept that music is art and a passion that is absolutely essential to some individuals. The fact they view it as a consumer good and can't look beyond the physical substance is an example of their own ignorance and a sad commentary on their view of music or art.

This of course is not to say there aren't people that just like to collect records like they were baseball cards.

Really, who cares anyway? Don't say you don't, because if you didn't you wouldn't give a shit about this website.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3703
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: King of internet black metal Reply with quote

drshipman wrote:
If Michael Jackson be the king of pop, I hereby knight Warharan of Moat as king of intertard black metals. He raised the bar in terms of ridiculous lyrics:

Quote:
History shall be changed forever
Thoughts of darkness won't leave his head
He leaves nothing for the better
Evil shall rule the land
So join him and take his hand
(The Knight’s Return)

So there’s this really evil knight dude, right? Probably all in black armour with red eyes glowing out of his shiny helmet and shit, and possibly a time-traveller as well according to the first nonsensical line. Sounds pretty kvlt, if not for the fact that he apparently minces about holding your hand while he commits all these badass knightly deeds. Thoughts of darkness won’t leave his head? Holding other men’s hands? What is he, an Aspie Emo Gorgoroth fan or something?


And broke through the race barrier to show that the arabic races could make a vague approximation of black metal too.

Click for full article:
http://www.antihumanism.com/2009/06/the-most-tragic-and-ridiculous-internet-based-band-ever/



Fuck this guy, I even dont want to read these bullshits, but the most lame and stupid thing is the author of the article. Do he have complex of small penis or what?
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Pro Abortion



Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
whenever I went on a tirade against materialism, people were always quick to bring up the fact that most of my money goes to CD's and Vinyl.


it's because these people don't want to actually argue you head-on with a reasonable arguement. they need to resort to the most extreme position possible to make their point: "oh you're criticizing 'materialism?' well gee, you listen to CDs and read books and they are made of 'material.' you are a hypocrite. you should be thankful for all the trees being cut down in the rain forest because trees make paper and paper makes books, and you like to read books."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I have no time to pay attention to all this drivel, but whenever I went on a tirade against materialism, people were always quick to bring up the fact that most of my money goes to CD's and Vinyl.

Of course, these people couldn't grasp the concept that music is art and a passion that is absolutely essential to some individuals. The fact they view it as a consumer good and can't look beyond the physical substance is an example of their own ignorance and a sad commentary on their view of music or art.

This of course is not to say there aren't people that just like to collect records like they were baseball cards.

Really, who cares anyway? Don't say you don't, because if you didn't you wouldn't give a shit about this website.


I agree 100%. Music is art and is spiritual. I like the triple gatefold 200 gram records and 5 panel digipak foldouts as well. I have never sold or traded a record or cd because I listen to them over and over. I have actually defended the same point you stated so well. My sister in law came to the house, looked at my collection and said I was materialistic and I took great offense to it. The other point made on this thread was the fact that people use extreme examples to get a point across. Guilty.........Sometimes I lack the critical thinking skills to engage in good old fashioned debate. I am guilty of that but when I spent 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back on anus.org I felt I needed
make some kind of point and what I attempted to do was lame.
Again I agree with you, I was clutching at straws......Oxbow's the Narcotic story got me through one of the toughest times of my life.
Thanks for setting me straight. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I have no time to pay attention to all this drivel, but whenever I went on a tirade against materialism, people were always quick to bring up the fact that most of my money goes to CD's and Vinyl.


They don't understand the definition of materialism, which means either believing life is solely measured in material goods or that only material goods/comforts/etc are important.

CDs are a means to an end.

Any human life will take something from the forest. But cut down on overpopulation and wasteful/stupid products, and maybe that's a lot less.
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
"Live in Harmony with Nature - Reject modern society and transcend materialism"

CD's LP's and even more so:guitars are made of materials that deplete
earth's natural resources. Vehicles that transport bands form gig to gig use fuel. I am curious to what materials Hessian's living quarters are constructed from; wood, recyclable milk bottles, ?etc.


See above. Materialism does not mean "using some material goods."

Heliogabalus wrote:

"Why do we continue to produce and buy industrial products when we have each seen how industrial byproducts poison our world, bring us cancers, and force us into mechanical jobs?"

The guitar Craftsmen at guitar factories are in the position of a somewhat mechanical job.


Somewhat, but not fully. Would you say their job is more or less mechanical than working at McDonald's?

I thought so.


Heliogabalus wrote:

As Ali G once said "me friend Rainbow Jeremy is totally against techmology, check out his website."


Comedians are a great way to understand politics and philosophy. Just like whenever you need to learn about computer programming, ask a topless dancer.

Heliogabalus wrote:

I realize I am ignorant in this type of philosophy, but could you please explain this comment, "Even obscure maladies like anal warts receive reams of focused attention by high-trained and high-paid specialists, conjecturing and thinking and experimenting".
Thank you.


There's a lot of research on anal warts, but we miss the elephant in the room.
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
"Live in Harmony with Nature - Reject modern society and transcend materialism"

CD's LP's and even more so:guitars are made of materials that deplete
earth's natural resources. Vehicles that transport bands form gig to gig use fuel. I am curious to what materials Hessian's living quarters are constructed from; wood, recyclable milk bottles, ?etc.


See above. Materialism does not mean "using some material goods."

Heliogabalus wrote:

"Why do we continue to produce and buy industrial products when we have each seen how industrial byproducts poison our world, bring us cancers, and force us into mechanical jobs?"

The guitar Craftsmen at guitar factories are in the position of a somewhat mechanical job.


Somewhat, but not fully. Would you say their job is more or less mechanical than working at McDonald's?

I thought so.


Heliogabalus wrote:

As Ali G once said "me friend Rainbow Jeremy is totally against techmology, check out his website."


Comedians are a great way to understand politics and philosophy. Just like whenever you need to learn about computer programming, ask a topless dancer.

Heliogabalus wrote:

I realize I am ignorant in this type of philosophy, but could you please explain this comment, "Even obscure maladies like anal warts receive reams of focused attention by high-trained and high-paid specialists, conjecturing and thinking and experimenting".
Thank you.


There's a lot of research on anal warts, but we miss the elephant in the room.


Perhaps we can come to an agreement. I made a mistake. I actually try to use critical thinking but fail sometimes and I like many others am not alone. My comments were using an extreme and unjust illogical comparison.
I stated these unjustified comparisons in a post before, but you feel the need to continue dissecting my post (which I regret putting it out there). Perhaps I will continue to explore your website and learn a thing or two. I may not agree with everything regarding the philosophy and material,
but perhaps I can use some of the philosophy in my everyday life.
I am a newbie at Hessian philosophy and look forward to enlightening myself. Are there any other links to sites regarding these concepts?
Thanks
Again I regret the foolish post. Thank you Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
I don't hate it for not being true kvlt.


Wait'll you see the AVC article about "hipster metal":

Quote:

So the AV Club decided to get all wise on us about metal:



Quote:

If there’s one thing in the world more head-slammingly dull than reading a bunch of online Realness Police argue about what constitutes real hip-hop, it’s reading similar web manifestos by metal’s “trü-kvlt” militia. Did they happen to spot a Mastodon album at Best Buy? Must be “hipster metal.” Did they read an interview with Boris in which Wata expressed enthusiasm for pop music? Must be “hipster metal.” Did they spot a guy enjoying The Sword who had an ironic T-shirt or thick-framed cheaters? Must be “hipster metal.”

...

In fact, that’s one of the hallmarks of the “hipster metal” complaint: It’s never about the music.

The irritating myth of "hipster metal," by Leonard Pierce


And then Examiner's Brett Stevens fires back a salvo in the opposite direction:

Quote:

But the truth is that being a hipster isn't how you dress, where you live, or even what brand of beer you drink. It's how you approach the music. It's how you approach life. It's an attitude and philosophy.

These people called metalheads were ostracized, called geeks, belittled and spat upon for insisting metal is important. And what is that idea? Metal is the idea of worshipping power and intensity, not the "safe" and twee personalized Jesus that rock music is.

...

Because the people behind them are not thinking of the music as in metal as a genre, but of how they can be ironic and twee and unique, metalheads tend to write them off as "hipster metal."

Hipster Metal: no myth, but not as exciting as it sounds either, by Brett Stevens


It's about the music: metal is not compatible with twee indie rock pretending to be metal. We're not saying not to listen to it, or to ban it or burn it, just that it's not real metal in the same way Christians or Nazis pretending to be metal so they can preach at us aren't real metal.

Are we all clear on that?


Sorry for the necropost. I'm just that metal.
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4888
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just let this fucking turd of a thread die... Nobody gives a flying fuck about the internet's involvement in metal, and if they do, they're gay faggot poseurwimp shoobidydoobidydoos
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Winter



Joined: 06 Oct 2009
Posts: 125
Location: South of Heaven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
Just let this fucking turd of a thread die...
So we (you) can continue namedropping in almost every other thread here without having any sort of discussion at all? Smile

(with "you" I mean the user base of this forum)
_________________
METAL IS DEATH
DEATH IS METAL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4888
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter wrote:
Kojiri wrote:
Just let this fucking turd of a thread die...
So we (you) can continue namedropping in almost every other thread here without having any sort of discussion at all? Smile

(with "you" I mean the user base of this forum)


Ask Yosuke if this is a forum to discuss life, philosophy, the arts... guess what? It's not. Besides, what could any discussion bring that hasn't already been pondered in depth by many inquiring minds?
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tesa



Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 9
Location: hopelessly lost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lord of gay internet black metallers - xasthur
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HateHammer



Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 390
Location: FINLAND

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tesa wrote:
the lord of gay internet black metallers - xasthur


Maybe we can hear some basis for this statement? Haven't seen Malefic anywhere on the internet writing anything for years now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Pacifism-Sucks



Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 1052
Location: Lithuania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, he talked about his fans.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
At least you're philanthropic, tho I still mock you. Do ho ho ho

http://volcanic.thrash.lt/
http://www.forgotten-path.lt/
Reliable traders/sellers: dangerass, aeongrave, s.charlach, The Nihil Congregation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group