P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SIGH "Scorn Defeat" on DSP CD pressing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2417

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
HHJ wrote:
I actually like all the later stuff too,but thats cos im a fanatic of this band
but the first two are what speak to me the loudest


Same well, my fav is Scorn Defeat closely followed by Imaginary Sonicscape. I loove Infidel Art, but there is a little something I can't really point out that makes it slightly less good than a couple of their albums. Maybe the unreleased mix is better and/or will help me find out what I like less about the sound. Maybe it's because I find it a little too thin, not enough present, you don't feel as drowned in the atmosphere as Scorn Defeat. Since all Sigh reissues are getting a remaster treatment (Scorn Defeat sounds fine the way it is, we'll just have to wait and hear), will this one be remastered?
Nope. We don't believe in remastering our LPs. We feel that they should sound just like the classic originals without and digital enhancement. What you remember sound-wise from the 90s is exactly what you'll hear with our LP releases. Just the classic, pure, raw original recordings.
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
HHJ



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 856

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats fine,its not like the albums had horribly glaring sound problems anyways
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Evil_Johnny_666



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 864
Location: Québec

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I'm wondering, will the album be pressed in true analog sound? Or is it some digital files pressed on vinyl? Yeah, usually I'm not a fan of remasters, usually they sound way too sharp and good. Oh, and something I'm dying to know, does the unreleased mix sounds like the Suicidogenic version on the Kawir split?

Last edited by Evil_Johnny_666 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
HHJ



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 856

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally wouldnt mind seeing remasters only because i allready own the originals...on the flip side if the remasters are really bad,then newer fans might miss out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2417

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Yeah, but I'm wondering, will the album be pressed in true analog sound? Or is it some digital files pressed on vinyl? Yeah, usually I'm not a fan of remasters, usually they sound way too sharp and good. Oh, and something I'm dying to know, does the unreleased mix sounds like the Suicidogenic version on the Kawir split?
They will be ripped from the Japanese pressing of the CD which has a higher fidelity as there is no analog master anymore. I actually haven't head the split with Kawir as I was never much of a Kawir fan and already had the song from the CD so not sure if it is like that, but since that came out first, I assume it might be.
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Evil_Johnny_666



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 864
Location: Québec

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds darker, more like Scorn Defeat and has some great ocarina(?) parts. I fins it superior to the album version, and it's a shame it's only 3 minutes long.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
HHJ



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 856

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
It sounds darker, more like Scorn Defeat and has some great ocarina(?) parts. I fins it superior to the album version, and it's a shame it's only 3 minutes long.


i havent listened to that version in a while i should check it out again


i really like the synth on the album version of suicidogenic right at the very end
theres alot of layers on that particular album that arent so readily apparent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
passetiermes



Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2337
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't bother reading this thread as I pretend to have a life, so I just ask; has Hail Horror Hail ever been released on vinyl? Is there anyone about to do that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snaps666



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 1108
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
I don't bother reading this thread as I pretend to have a life, so I just ask; has Hail Horror Hail ever been released on vinyl? Is there anyone about to do that?


Never released on vinyl before - not sure if it's in the works somewhere, but as far as I know, it's not.
_________________
LorteBrian is the Black_Fire of Denmark

http://www.deadbangers.com/prestashop/en/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
passetiermes



Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2337
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Out of the Sigh albums that I've heard, it's the album I would like to have on vinyl. 42 49 pure genius.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HHJ



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 856

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Thanks. Out of the Sigh albums that I've heard, it's the album I would like to have on vinyl. 42 49 pure genius.


i wish they would do more songs based on japanese occult like that,thats when they were most interesting IMO

although the lyrics are alot more "personal" now which is still cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HHJ



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 856

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if they can get one cacophonous vinyl out they should be able to get them all eventually
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Evil_Johnny_666



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 864
Location: Québec

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question to darksymphonies, I'm wondering: Infidel Art will be a 3LP package, that means they are all 12"s right? I guess both versions will be on their own vinyl, but Shadowking on one LP? It will have both Venom covers? A one sided 45 rpm LP? It's only 14 minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2417

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
A question to darksymphonies, I'm wondering: Infidel Art will be a 3LP package, that means they are all 12"s right? I guess both versions will be on their own vinyl, but Shadowking on one LP? It will have both Venom covers? A one sided 45 rpm LP? It's only 14 minutes.
All 12" vinyl Sides 1-3 will be the original album, sides 4-6 will be original mix + shadowking. 2 songs per side except last side will be 3. All sides 33 RPM and all under 20 minutes laying time
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Evil_Johnny_666



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 864
Location: Québec

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksymphonies wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
A question to darksymphonies, I'm wondering: Infidel Art will be a 3LP package, that means they are all 12"s right? I guess both versions will be on their own vinyl, but Shadowking on one LP? It will have both Venom covers? A one sided 45 rpm LP? It's only 14 minutes.
All 12" vinyl Sides 1-3 will be the original album, sides 4-6 will be original mix + shadowking. 2 songs per side except last side will be 3. All sides 33 RPM and all under 20 minutes laying time


The original mix is shorter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group