P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Drowning the Light / Lone Suffer 10" mlp out now
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da666

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Drowning the Light / Lone Suffer 10" mlp out now Reply with quote

http://www.deathrasharmageddon.com

One of the tracks for the Drowning the Light side "Eternity is Not Long Enough" can be heard at: www.myspace.com/drowningthelight

And one of the tracks from the Lone Suffer side "Suffered Spirit" can be heard at: www.myspace.com/lonesuffer
Gangraen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, the DtL song sounds pretty good. Don┤t really know Lone Suffer but I think I will buy it when I got money again Very Happy
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Drowning the Shite got good!? I have a couple of their tapes and I just remember boring shit, though the feedback for the last couple of releases has been positive... should I maybe do something I rarely do and give them another chance!?
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that guy is still a pretentious poofter but I heard worse. he just releases too much for his own good (music wise, certainly not money wise)
da666

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer material is quite far from the first material, although still with the same essence of the old it has matured quite alot. As the band now has 3-4 members writing the music when early on it was just myself.
The tracks on the page i think speak for themself.
I think i release the same amount as anyone actively writing music/who is dedicated, i just choose to keep it under the one banner rather then spreading it through 10 projects like many others do, I do not create music for the sake of it or to please people, this is an outlet and something we are dedicated to.
Not to mention some things will take 6months-2years to be released so by then there is alot of other material written and recorded, so when it all ends up out around similar times it looks like alot has been done, when most of it is quite spread out.
And since the band is only rarely a live entity we do not spend time rehearsing old material once it is written/recorded (like many dedicated live bands do), we start on new material etc.

Last edited by da666 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be willing to give your newer stuff another listen then as I've heard more than one person give it good feedback...
nz¨mbe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not even listened to even one of his songs. Did I miss something? Confused
Caina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't at all keen on the earlier stuff, but I thought Blood of the Ancients was excellent.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Avaratoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really understand all the bashing DTL gets, Ive enjoyed all I heard and Ill try to pick this up for sure.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bashing I guess because of the insane prices and limitation of the disco vinyls, the typical bedroom black metal image, gay fmp forum fights, etc.
The music itself isnt that bad for some parts
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed The Blood of the Ancients LP. Will have to try and get this one if i get some extra cash from paychecks, but i have a feeling this will sell out before my next paycheck like many limited DTL releases.

Is there any US distro for the album?
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the DROWNING THE LIGHT compilation The Fallen Years and that's not too impressive, but Of Celtic Blood and Satanic Pride was a great album as well as the other albums around that time and afterward. The last two, The Serpents Reign and Blood of the Ancients are fantastic as far as I'm concerned - however, I probably won't go out of my way to track down a million cassette EPs.
Caina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish they could put out more releases without a black and white photo of them looking "grim" as the cover. Seriously, guys. C'mon.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caina wrote:
I just wish they could put out more releases without a black and white photo of them looking "grim" as the cover. Seriously, guys. C'mon.

Laughing
Maybe they'll blow us all away with the next album having bunnies in a field of flowers.

This thread made me go and buy the To the End of Time CD, only one I was missing, haha.
Avaratoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
Caina wrote:

Laughing
Maybe they'll blow us all away with the next album having bunnies in a field of flowers.

Id buy it! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: