P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

eBay scam?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar question...if you've bought on ebay but not received the item, and file a complaint, and ebay takes your side. Will you be able to get a full refund even if the seller emptied his paypal account by then?
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to take over the thread but I've had a recent issue with a possible scam artist. I sold something on ebay recently for $66 US + postage. I got it. I shipped it out the monday following along with a bunch of other items. There was no problem with any others in receiving but this one claimed never to get it.

I tried to resolve situation. They opened up a dispute and paypal put hold on all the money in my account. I offer to help resolve, by which time the messages are further ignored. This person never left feedback or followed up and it has been two weeks now, paypal still holds my money and this bonehead has even sold the same thing they bought from me.

I mean at this point I just assume I've been scammed, I mean if this persona really didn't receive the item by now they'd have left negative feedback and followed the dispute or upgraded it to a claim to try to run with the item and money. I lost any receipts or proof to validate I sent them out and since Paypal often favors the buyers due to buyer protection policies, I'm wondering if I'm screwed at this point?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
I hate to take over the thread but I've had a recent issue with a possible scam artist. I sold something on ebay recently for $66 US + postage. I got it. I shipped it out the monday following along with a bunch of other items. There was no problem with any others in receiving but this one claimed never to get it.

I tried to resolve situation. They opened up a dispute and paypal put hold on all the money in my account. I offer to help resolve, by which time the messages are further ignored. This person never left feedback or followed up and it has been two weeks now, paypal still holds my money and this bonehead has even sold the same thing they bought from me.

I mean at this point I just assume I've been scammed, I mean if this persona really didn't receive the item by now they'd have left negative feedback and followed the dispute or upgraded it to a claim to try to run with the item and money. I lost any receipts or proof to validate I sent them out and since Paypal often favors the buyers due to buyer protection policies, I'm wondering if I'm screwed at this point?

The selling of the same item you sold them is pretty suspicious I think. If you could somehow expose this in your claim to paypal maybe it helps ?

I call it fairly suspicious. Confused
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Similar question...if you've bought on ebay but not received the item, and file a complaint, and ebay takes your side. Will you be able to get a full refund even if the seller emptied his paypal account by then?

Anybody?
luisifer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Humus wrote:

Anybody?

You should be able to. I've never been in the situation so I don't know for certain.

As for the original topic, the guy paid me through checkout and I sent out his package but I don't know if he got the item yet.
ENOLA GOAT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Vulcano lp from a guy in Brazil some years back.
The seller had great feedback til right after I paid for the lp. Then his rating dropped like crazy and he recieved numerous negative feedback in a short amount of time.
When the lp didn't arrive I complained and eventually escalated to a claim. Paypal "ruled" in my favour but was only able to retract parts of the full amount. So I was only refunded two thirds in the end....
Shit happens Crying or Very sad
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Humus wrote:

Anybody?

from my experience no
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Humus wrote:
Humus wrote:

Anybody?

from my experience no

I don't think Paypal can deduct money from your linked credit card or bank account, only from what is in the Paypal account itself.
3. Memes
4. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you win a claim, but there are no funds in the sellers account, you cannot get ANYTHING back.
See Tragic Empire thread... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for their 100% protection claim on ebay. I thought for once they did something good but they still do everything half-assed it seems. Or does it make a difference if it's an ebay item or an 'other' purchase?
In any case the best thing would be if the seller actually came through with his package. Fingers crossed...
metalcrypt666

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENOLA GOAT wrote:
The seller had great feedback til right after I paid for the lp. Then his rating dropped like crazy and he recieved numerous negative feedback in a short amount of time.
When the lp didn't arrive I complained and eventually escalated to a claim. Paypal "ruled" in my favour but was only able to retract parts of the full amount. So I was only refunded two thirds in the end....

Some Australian seller was the same around 2000-2001. Excellent feedback - I ordered from him and got my stuff less than a week later. Then all of a sudden, all hell broke loose. Things got so bad and there were so many complaints that the Australian government opened an investigation (or so I'm told.)
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
So much for their 100% protection claim on ebay. I thought for once they did something good but they still do everything half-assed it seems. Or does it make a difference if it's an ebay item or an 'other' purchase?
In any case the best thing would be if the seller actually came through with his package. Fingers crossed...

No idea for ebay, but maybe they do provide full coverage in those situations. Partly why it may be harder with the TER scam is because they was no authorized check out or ebay links, it went straight through paypal using "send money" - it's a lot harder to get money back in a situation like that.

As for the excellent feedback, it's possible that accounts were hacked into or something of that nature.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalcrypt666 wrote:
ENOLA GOAT wrote:

Some Australian seller was the same around 2000-2001. Excellent feedback - I ordered from him and got my stuff less than a week later. Then all of a sudden, all hell broke loose. Things got so bad and there were so many complaints that the Australian government opened an investigation (or so I'm told.)

I don't suppose it's the same guy who was auctioning off Sadistik Exekution's The Magus, is it?

By the way, good to see another Ottawa poster in here!

T/S List: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4783
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to topic, if it's Necrogoat from this board all you should do is PM him, simple.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
luisifer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron tyrant wrote:
Back to topic, if it's Necrogoat from this board all you should do is PM him, simple.

There's nothing else to say.

He already paid.

I left him positive feedback.

I am waiting for him to receive the item and leave feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: