P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Registered shipment from U.S.A. to (little ) ITALY
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dissolvenza

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Registered shipment from U.S.A. to (little ) ITALY Reply with quote

Hi there,
I just won a 7" from a U.S. seller and (to avoid the usual problems)I've asked to the seller the price for a REGISTERED shipment and he told me that the price is $20.
Could some U.S. tell me if 20 Dollars is the right price ?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nektostiknekromessikk

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it costs 10$ to register so yeah i'd say its right.
dissolvenza

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the right price for a REGISTERED shipment is 10,00 Dollars ?
He asked me 20,00 Dollars.....................
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the registration fee went up to either 11.00 or 11.50 this month, add an additional charge of 4.00(?) for postage, so about 15-17 USD sounds close, plus whatever price you paid for the 7" EP.

Here the registration fee only covers the registration and not the weight of the package, that is an additional charge on top of the registration fee.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week, I sent an LP (not registered!) from France to Chicago
and I paid 17.50 euros !!!
These postal bastards want to kill metal trading Very Happy
dissolvenza

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price of the 7" 12,50 Dollars
REGISTERED shipment 20,00 Dollars
TOTAL AMOUNT 32,50 Dollars

For me is fukkin' EXPENSIVE for a SINGLE 7" E.P. and I dont want to pay a self made postage rates made by the seller Wink
Help me please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrushUntilMadness

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for registration it's $11.50 I think and keep in mind it does NOT include postage...

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushUntilMadness wrote:
for registration it's $11.50 I think and keep in mind it does NOT include postage...

You have to add postage which is around $5, than the fee for just having it registered $10-11, and he might be including PayPal fees and/or the cost of the mailer in that.

Hope that helps.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can ship a well-protected 7" to Italy for the $4-5 people here have said. I can't even send 7 NWN! posters to places like Germany for less than $9.

That said, fuck registered mail from the U.S. Instead sandwich a 7" between two thick cardboard slabs slightly smaller than the size of a USPS priority flat rate envelope, tape it tightly shut all the way around so it is "suspended" in the middle (corner protection), put the slab in that envelope, and send it for $13 total. No worries.
3. Memes
4. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Uncolored

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:

That said, fuck registered mail from the U.S.

the problem is not the high shipping cost itself, for receiving stuff here it's almost necessary have a registration or at least a priority iternational with a tracking number. italian customs are a fucking pain in the ass and the postal service more than often "lost" small packages. recently they lost me 3 parcels from usa with cds and 7"
also you can't claim anything, cause they didn't answer to the phone and you cannot go to their headquarters! last but not least they did a stupid law that they can lost without guilty all non registered stuff!

last year a journalist succeed to enter there and did a video, even if you don't understand italian the video is quite explicit
http://milano.repubblica.it/multimedia/home/1562047

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Mordbrann

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, registered will add at least $10 to the price, but probably $11.50 like others have said. Still, shipping a CD or 7" to Italy should only cost $12-$15.

Mordbrann 001: Beneath (ISL) - Hollow Empty Void
Good traders: Wrathorn [3×], headnhalf, addison, leizla
Humus

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I sell I only charge the postage fee and paypal fee. But keep in mind there is packaging material, the time it takes to pack shit up and last but not least: the costs to move yourself to the postal office. I don't charge it because I think people have a hard time paying the Belgium postal fees to begin with, but I certainly can understand why some people would ask a bit more for the effort. Especially if they're using brand new mailers and take the time to pack your shit up carefully. So when this guy asks $20 he seems to be asking around $3 more then the actual shipping costs, it could be fair.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
I don't think you can ship a well-protected 7" to Italy for the $4-5 people here have said. I can't even send 7 NWN! posters to places like Germany for less than $9.

That said, fuck registered mail from the U.S. Instead sandwich a 7" between two thick cardboard slabs slightly smaller than the size of a USPS priority flat rate envelope, tape it tightly shut all the way around so it is "suspended" in the middle (corner protection), put the slab in that envelope, and send it for $13 total. No worries.

What Uncolored said definitely. I could careless about that, it's so it can have a 99% chance of arrival, versus hit and miss (and than lost...) if not registered.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
harmless

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mordbrann wrote:
Yes, registered will add at least $10 to the price, but probably $11.50 like others have said. Still, shipping a CD or 7" to Italy should only cost $12-$15.
should cost that but doesn't. i ship from iceland, granted, but the prices i have seen on parcels coming from the usa have been high. even though no reg was involved.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices for shipping are getting higher and higher these days, which is why I try to buy domestically since European shipping always costs at least $8-10 and usually a lot more if its vinyl. I'm not really sure how it all works. I ordered package from Italy the other day, they asked $8US for shipping, not sure if it's registered or not, though my other contact from Italy told me it would probably be 5 euro to register.. Let you know when I receive the packages.

Last edited by Reaper's Grave on Sun May 31, 2009 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: