P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

PURTENANCE - MCMXCI - MCMXCII 2-LP UPDATE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cutterofgums



Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 1175
Location: Hanoy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksymphonies wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
Humus wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
you can borrow my teddy bear and get a hug


Don't! He will sell the teddy bear, and possibly also the hug, on ebay! Thrashbeast told me!
I will sell it on ebay, and Thrashbeast will be the high bidder I think. He has won tons of shit from me on ebay, just checked my FB. Laughing


was he the guy who won the boney m collection?

By the rivers of thrashbeast.......were we.......
I think so. So what's the deal with thrashbeast? Does he just come on the forums and bash things?


And it`s such a joy
_________________

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2455

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutterofgums wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
Humus wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
you can borrow my teddy bear and get a hug


Don't! He will sell the teddy bear, and possibly also the hug, on ebay! Thrashbeast told me!
I will sell it on ebay, and Thrashbeast will be the high bidder I think. He has won tons of shit from me on ebay, just checked my FB. Laughing


was he the guy who won the boney m collection?

By the rivers of thrashbeast.......were we.......
I think so. So what's the deal with thrashbeast? Does he just come on the forums and bash things?


And it`s such a joy
Ahh well, win some, lose some I guess. Can't sail without a few waves in the water. Hey I just made that metaphor up! Pretty cool huh? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sztorm75



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 4114
Location: Warsaw, Poland

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not buy Purtenance Lp because someone told me that Darksympho guy has short hair. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cutterofgums



Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 1175
Location: Hanoy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksymphonies wrote:
Cutterofgums wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
Humus wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
you can borrow my teddy bear and get a hug


Don't! He will sell the teddy bear, and possibly also the hug, on ebay! Thrashbeast told me!
I will sell it on ebay, and Thrashbeast will be the high bidder I think. He has won tons of shit from me on ebay, just checked my FB. Laughing


was he the guy who won the boney m collection?

By the rivers of thrashbeast.......were we.......
I think so. So what's the deal with thrashbeast? Does he just come on the forums and bash things?


And it`s such a joy
Ahh well, win some, lose some I guess. Can't sail without a few waves in the water. Hey I just made that metaphor up! Pretty cool huh? Wink


Hmm, and a master metaphorist to boot. Speechless Shocked Twisted Evil Wink
_________________

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2455

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
I will not buy Purtenance Lp because someone told me that Darksympho guy has short hair. Twisted Evil
I got no hair actually. Bald like baby! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Cutterofgums



Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 1175
Location: Hanoy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksymphonies wrote:
sztorm75 wrote:
I will not buy Purtenance Lp because someone told me that Darksympho guy has short hair. Twisted Evil
I got no hair actually. Bald like baby! Very Happy



Hahahahaha. That explains it all Twisted Evil
_________________

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beelzebubba



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 286
Location: NC

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darksymphonies wrote:
So what's the deal with thrashbeast? Does he just come on the forums and bash things?

Maybe she should change her username to "thrashbitch"...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brown growth



Joined: 27 Jul 2007
Posts: 960
Location: Vasaaria

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beelzebubba wrote:
darksymphonies wrote:
So what's the deal with thrashbeast? Does he just come on the forums and bash things?

Maybe she should change her username to "thrashbitch"...


What about "thrashyeastinfection"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrashbeast



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 428

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice to see I got this thread going with my comment.

Also, I don't have an eBay account and this is the only board on the internet where I use this name.

Really, no one finds it hilarious that some dork who released the Maudlin Of The Well albums has suddenly become interested in putting out old-school death metal on vinyl format with die-hard copies available? Had you done this six years ago before every fucking label decided to get in on the vinyl craze, I might be giving you more credibility. Not to mention, the fact that you're constantly putting out of print shit up for auction to fill your jewish pockets whilst contributing to the making of the nowadays metalhead who is only concerned with prices, edition numbers, and vinyl is also suspect.

Seriously though, make a fucking CD edition of these resurrected classics. Make an unlimited pressing. Do something without having "die-hard" on it. Is it really so hard to see why someone who isn't concerned with all this gimmicky shit has a hard time believing what your intentions are?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathevocation



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 901

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having a go at the bloke who does this label as I don't know him but what I find amazing (I said this in another thread) is the current interest in a lot of these old death metal bands and prices people are paying for releases. Release this album or Wombbath a couple of years back and except for a small percentage, no one would have given a fuck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nektostiknekromessikk



Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 305
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like he only accepts paypal too. guess he only cares about selling his shit as fast as possible. (lol 2 months before they even get in the hands of people like the first diehard he released)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nektostiknekromessikk



Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 305
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
Not having a go at the bloke who does this label as I don't know him but what I find amazing (I said this in another thread) is the current interest in a lot of these old death metal bands and prices people are paying for releases. Release this album or Wombbath a couple of years back and except for a small percentage, no one would have given a fuck.


why do you think no one would have gave a fuck about wombbath a couple years ago?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrashbeast



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 428

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget people not giving a shit about death metal a few years back. I worked in a record store back in 2001 and no one gave a shit about vinyl. We'd get all kinds of shit that sells for so much on eBay now, and no one ever bought it. We eventually sold all of our stock at a marked down price when the store was forced to close a few years later, but it just goes to show that everyone who has access to the internet now and hops on to one of these metal boards will eventually get sucked into this vinyl novelty trend by geeks showing off their collection and labels enticing naive internet nerds with handnumbered, colored records.

I'm all for someone bringing back out of print stuff, but what's your reasoning behind it? If you're going to give someone a chance to purchase one of their favorite albums again, don't limit it to 500 copies. Why should the label make it so anyone has to worry about not being able to purchase it the second time around? Why should everyone have to own a fucking turntable to listen to it? One thing I respect about Yosuke is he almost always releases all of his new shit and reissues on vinyl AND compact disc. If it sells out on CD, he makes more of them.

If you're serious about metal, it's future, and keeping this music away from those who want to cash in on it's popularity and future demand, you'll boycott this and all future releases from this clown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reaper's Grave



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 2091
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, USA

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Haha, nice to see I got this thread going with my comment.

Also, I don't have an eBay account and this is the only board on the internet where I use this name.

Really, no one finds it hilarious that some dork who released the Maudlin Of The Well albums has suddenly become interested in putting out old-school death metal on vinyl format with die-hard copies available? Had you done this six years ago before every fucking label decided to get in on the vinyl craze, I might be giving you more credibility. Not to mention, the fact that you're constantly putting out of print shit up for auction to fill your jewish pockets whilst contributing to the making of the nowadays metalhead who is only concerned with prices, edition numbers, and vinyl is also suspect.

Seriously though, make a fucking CD edition of these resurrected classics. Make an unlimited pressing. Do something without having "die-hard" on it. Is it really so hard to see why someone who isn't concerned with all this gimmicky shit has a hard time believing what your intentions are?


While I honestly wouldn't mind a regular vinyl version without all sorts of extras for the cheaper price, I do like the emphasis on putting together a good package for a band like Purtenance. Either way the 7'' EP alone fetched nearly $30 last I saw it on ebay, so I imagine this package regardless will be cheaper than trying to get the band's discography on its own anyway.

Hand-numbered and collectors editions can be appealing. As for the label's past and the whole vinyl craze, it's fine by me since it's reissuing an amazing album that's long deserved a reissue to begin with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minge-eater



Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 3799
Location: cutterofgums record room

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Forget people not giving a shit about death metal a few years back. I worked in a record store back in 2001 and no one gave a shit about vinyl. We'd get all kinds of shit that sells for so much on eBay now, and no one ever bought it. We eventually sold all of our stock at a marked down price when the store was forced to close a few years later, but it just goes to show that everyone who has access to the internet now and hops on to one of these metal boards will eventually get sucked into this vinyl novelty trend by geeks showing off their collection and labels enticing naive internet nerds with handnumbered, colored records.

I'm all for someone bringing back out of print stuff, but what's your reasoning behind it? If you're going to give someone a chance to purchase one of their favorite albums again, don't limit it to 500 copies. Why should the label make it so anyone has to worry about not being able to purchase it the second time around? Why should everyone have to own a fucking turntable to listen to it? One thing I respect about Yosuke is he almost always releases all of his new shit and reissues on vinyl AND compact disc. If it sells out on CD, he makes more of them.

If you're serious about metal, it's future, and keeping this music away from those who want to cash in on it's popularity and future demand, you'll boycott this and all future releases from this clown.


the purtenance will be reissued on cd so whats ya problem. The excruciate as already been reissued on a dcd.
_________________
Metal Archives is the place legends are born.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group