P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

US postal charges
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathevocation

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: US postal charges Reply with quote

I usually buy cds from a number of vendors in the US who charge postage at cost (usually get global priority). I went to order six cds from Moribund (never used them before) and nearly shit myself at checkout (actually prevented me from going through with the purchase). $33 for airmail postage for six cds to Australia. Fuck me. I imagine they're getting sent with cases, but surely it doesn't cost $33? Others' views on this?
CrushUntilMadness

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: US postal charges Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
I usually buy cds from a number of vendors in the US who charge postage at cost (usually get global priority). I went to order six cds from Moribund (never used them before) and nearly shit myself at checkout (actually prevented me from going through with the purchase). $33 for airmail postage for six cds to Australia. Fuck me. I imagine they're getting sent with cases, but surely it doesn't cost $33? Others' views on this?

it would cost less than that by first class international (for 6 CDs going to Aussie it would have cost around 17 US bucks) for sure.
they must send all their packages by priority international which is more expensive...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
deathevocation

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely six cds would fit in one of those $10 global priority envelopes. Oh well.
CrushUntilMadness

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
Surely six cds would fit in one of those $10 global priority envelopes. Oh well.

those are also actually more expensive now if interested to know they are $12.95 each

i would not recommend 6 cases CDs shipped by flat rate envelope, not safe enough in my opinion Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can post 6 CD's(w/o cases) for under 15 U$D's(w/o ins., reg., etc.) sent via priority first class.

Note: the USPS will be raising the postage rates each year, so that's why I do my part and recycle stamps. Wink
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Flat rate envelope is now $13

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Professor Black

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like their system is just kind of stupid.
CrushUntilMadness

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:

totally... like a package w/ 4-5 Lp going to CA can be shipped by media if you add one shirt you have to ship it by priority for the whole pack.. however it's CHEAPER to ship the 4-5 LP by media and the shirt by first class separately than together.. go figure... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushUntilMadness wrote:
Professor Black wrote:

totally... like a package w/ 4-5 Lp going to CA can be shipped by media if you add one shirt you have to ship it by priority for the whole pack.. however it's CHEAPER to ship the 4-5 LP by media and the shirt by first class separately than together.. go figure... Laughing

note* UPS is cheaper in that matter.. only flaw can't ship to PO BOX...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushUntilMadness wrote:
Professor Black wrote:

Try Belgium...to a foreign country it was cheaper to send the LP and the cover in seperate packages then together.
Though it might have changed...since they've changed their tariffs thrice this year. Always up ofcourse. Last year the excuse was high fuel costs. Now fuel costs are down and they still raise their prices, no explanation ofcourse.
Same shit, different country.
AlexBlume

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated our Ares Kingdom merch page with the new US postage rates.

6 CDs (with cases) to Australia should be $17.64 for the postage. Not including handling, packaging, paypal fees, etc though.

Their web store postage calculator is probably just messed up.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldn't buy from Moribund anyway. Very Happy
deathevocation

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
shouldn't buy from Moribund anyway. Very Happy

Well I'm not going to now.
Chit019

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this yesterday when mailing some stuff/trades. Almost everything were raised by at least a dollar.
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to derail this thread, but has anyone else been having problem getting packages from the US to Canada? I've had three packages sent out to me from the US (one from NWN!, the other from someone on this board and one from ebay) in early May and none of them have arrived yet. Now the one from ebay, who knows, but the person on this board and NWN! are obviously more than reliable and I know they both shipped right quick around the 8-10th of May and I still haven't seen anything. For one to get lost, okay, but two at the same time? That'd be quite the fluke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: