P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

When did you last buy a record from an actual STORE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
Sadovahr wrote:
nothing can beat a long vinyl hunting stroll and a listening session full of bestiality and weed Laughing

Careful Kostas, the use of this term can be understood to mean fucking animals. ha ha ha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Razz

IXTAB wrote:
I've heard bad things about that place, like how nothing is priced and they basically give you prices based on your perceived level of excitement.

I had many deals with Mark, he seems a really great guy and easy to deal with. I've never dealt in person though so my experience is kind of limited...
Reed

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark's a rad dude. Just bought a bunch of tapes from him recently and he gave me a great deal.

As for record stores, I'm always at them. I work at Denver's oldest vinyl store one day a week. Here's a website if you want...

www.waxtraxrecords.com
adrian5118

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought Glorior Belli's Manifesting the Raging Beast LP for only $11 at my local record store. Such a good price (and album)!
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last memory I have of buying an LP from a store was almost 5 years ago when in the US. Living in Australia finds one surrounded by stores gouging prices that you could buy online cheaper and without the hassle of going to a store. The thrill of wading through shelves of vinyl looking for something good is dead. Going online and simply buying stuff I want is far more satisfying. I prefer the week long wait for the mail to arrive over the tedium of record stores... sad but true...
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
In Solitude

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy CD's regularly, usually used. I am a strong supporter of record store, though I buy a lot online as well. Lately, it's been tapes and zines; something I could never find in a brick-and-mortar shop.
Detest Records

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one week ago in Madrid, I found a CARTILAGE/ALTAR Split Lp ... good score!

I visit a Brussels based 2nd hand records shop on a regular basis. I can't say I often find true gemms, but since the owner is a friend I don't care that much ... It's a good place to find common stuff for reasonable price though.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1349 wrote:
I've been broke, it's been like three weeks i think.

Same goes for me. There are some stores I go to occasionally when the chance arises which have a good selection. I end up dropping between $30-100 each time we go to these places.

I hope that the record store doesn't die anytime soon.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

today. i bought beherit engram...
Humus

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two metal stores in my small town but I never go there. They only have 20 vinyls and all the rest is CD, priced 15 euro's or more. One of them sometimes gets nice 'RARE OUT OF PRINT STUFF' from their warehouse, stuff like Exoto or Chemical breath. Price is ok for that but I own those for a long time already.

Then in the town where I study most of the shops went out of business. There used to be the Rataplan where you could get underground stuff. When Watain released it's debut you could find there 10 copies of the LP for €15 each, for example. But he closed down 5 years ago. Now there's three shops I try to visit monthly...one second hand because he sometimes has old death metal CD's...another second hand vinyl store where I found old Suffocation vinyl for example...and a third which sells new CD's but sometimes add old metal from their warehouse.

And when I'm in another town (Brussels/Antwerp/...) I always check the second hand vinyl stores there aswell.

Probably 60% of my stuff comes from mailorder. 10% from private sales, 25% at record fairs/concerts/second hand stores and 5% from regular shops.
KRSTFR

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got;

Belphegor - Bondage Goat Zombie red lp
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey piclp
Blackdeath - Bottomless Armageddon LP
+ alots of Motörhead stuff

From a second hand store in Reykjavík. Nothing special, but good stuff. Well I dont like Blackdeath that much though.
SpectralRipper

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marduk rom 5.12 dbl LP in shrinkwarp...IN A JAZZ-MUSIC STORE!!! they didnt know how the fuck that item ended there. they said they ordered that accidently from their distributor...the price was like 18$
Blasphemophizer

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% of the CD's/Vinyl's I buy are at stores actully. Here in Toronto we have 2 really great places for Oldschool Metal. The first place is a giant used store and they insane amounts of good cd's in everyday.. you can ALWAYS find something killer, not very good for vinyl though. The second is a Punk & Metal ONLY store and they mostly have vinyl's. 70% of what's in stock is direct from NWN and Hells Headbangers.
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never buy at store of course im living in Montenegro.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy vinyl about once a week. I have been a regular at local store for 10 years. Nothing beats sitting around talking about metal with a human being.
I don't need amazon telling me what I might like.
The owner saves me shit all the time. Every Fri. I get to go through a box of vinyl he has saved for me before he puts it on the shelf.
Get to know your record store owner!!!!!

There was a local store I used to go to that gave me the entire maiden catologue (the remasters w/video content) all in jewel cases and slip covers.
They gave me all of their promos such as obituary behemoth etc.. These were in jewel cases with a punch in the bar code.
As I said get to know the owner!!!!
unrelentor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 6 months ago I picked up the Corpse Molestation Pic.LP new and unplayed.

It had been sitting in a local music store for about the last 3 years. I brouse there occasionally, definitely wanted the record but was loath to pick it up because of the price. The wanker who owns the place (knows nothing about Metal beyond cannibal corpse COF slipknot bullshit & whatever he blindly imports via Modern Invasion) had the usual big Import sticker with a $75.00 tag.

I guess I go there maybe twice a year. Every visit the price was slightly reduced 'til it had hit $50.00. I pulled out 2 twenties and he let me have it.
Said no one else had even asked about or requested a listen in all that time.

Great record too. $40NZ = approx $24US
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: