P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US - coming to Seattle!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
In Solitude

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: UNTIL THE LIGHT TAKES US - coming to Seattle! Reply with quote

Come check it out. I'll be there.
mental necrosis

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this really worth it? 'Cause I'm just SICK of academic black metal documentaries * and that crap..

* oxymoron
The_Elite

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is definately worth it.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up Black Metal Satanica recently. It has the say "Murder, Arson, etc." tagline, as do all these films.

I'm tired of them now. Every one of them is the same damn shit with interviews with the same damn people telling us the same damn shit most of us here haven known for the last 15 years.

Bottomline: these are films made by outsiders for outsiders. Only a person who's not into Black Metal or a novice would need a documentary on it's history.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has in depth interviews with Vikernes in jail though which indicates the film makers went to a little more effort than usual. It basically concentrates on Fenriz and Vikernes and how their paths differed even though they were spawned of the same scene.
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I refuse to stand court marshal for making this whole underground movement into a trend thing... "

great quote by fenriz

This is the only black metal documentary worth checking in my opinion. It actually reveals what early 90s norwegian black metal was about and there is excellent approach by filmmakers.

Definitely check this out if you want to know what early norwegian black metal was about. Please don't read that bunch of lies called Lords of Chaos or watch Satan Rides Media.
anotherdeadhero

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word when this one will be available on DVD?
In Solitude

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anotherdeadhero wrote:
Any word when this one will be available on DVD?

After the screenings across the country, there will be a DVD, but they haven't said when just yet.

To the people that doubt this, really check it out. It is different than the "other" ones; I have been talking with one of the creators for a few months now and they really know what they are doing. They lived and filmed in Norway for two years, making sure they really had the best understanding that someone who wasn't there could get. Of course a tagline is needed for publicity (filling theater seats is important), but there's more to it. Give the website a look, or watch some clips.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Slayer book will be the end all of Norway scene information. why even bother with dated gossip when you can be transported right to the middle of the shitstorm? Issue 10 alone is better than a thousand Lords of Chaos clones and movies.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
The Slayer book will be the end all of Norway scene information. why even bother with dated gossip when you can be transported right to the middle of the shitstorm? Issue 10 alone is better than a thousand Lords of Chaos clones and movies.

HAY NO ONE ASKED YOU! Haha. Good point though, that book is going to be wonderful. I really think this film just has an interesting perspective on all the happenings that most of us are familiar with. Some people like film/reading/etc. better than another art form. I want to see it all. Cool
In Solitude

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Review here:

http://www.thelefthandpath.com/lefthandpath/index.cfm/event/read/entry/Film_Review_Until_The_Light_Takes_Us
Distinguish to Kill

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have high expectations, this has to have a certain quality. Though most documentaries on this topic may be crap, there are still some I want to see.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP for Saturday. Tonight is happening soon...
Nocturnal Graves

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems very interesting, definitely something I will check out! I'm still fascinated with the movements and atmosphere created around this time...
Opolus

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

Bottomline: these are films made by outsiders for outsiders. Only a person who's not into Black Metal or a novice would need a documentary on it's history.

Can't help but feeling like that as well, while watching all those documentaries, talking about feeling a little...alienated or smartass-know-better-anyway towards either the makers or intended audience (w/out sounding too pretentious). Totally loved "Det Svarte Alvor" (didn't understand shit, though), when I saw a crappy video dub back then! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: