P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness LP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sepulchral_Vomit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathLörd wrote:
REPUGNANT related:
The track "Another Vision" is a MORBID (Swe) cover. Does anyone have any info on which MORBID recording session this was taken from?? The track is so killer (one of the best songs on the album) but I would like to know where/if I can track down the original MORBID version to check out.

Once I read somewhere it belongs to a video tape from an old show, not an official released song. I think was on an interview they did on HORRIBLE EYES...
Mutta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
I was at a friends this morning and he showed me his copy of this. All I can say is I'm glad I never ordered it. He's the second person I'm aware of that has received a copy that has had all four corners bashed to hell. They were both purchased from great vinyl mailers, too. The problem is, the jackets are flimsy as fuck. Almost like the same material the posters are made of. It's kind of sad that such a great release as this couldn't have seen a more proper presentation.

Ah so the covers is printed on those thin shitty ones , that sucks !
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutta wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:
I was at a friends this morning and he showed me his copy of this. All I can say is I'm glad I never ordered it. He's the second person I'm aware of that has received a copy that has had all four corners bashed to hell. They were both purchased from great vinyl mailers, too. The problem is, the jackets are flimsy as fuck. Almost like the same material the posters are made of. It's kind of sad that such a great release as this couldn't have seen a more proper presentation.

Ah so the covers is printed on those thin shitty ones , that sucks !

Yeah. If you're familiar with the Asphyx - Embrace The Death LP, it's real similar to that cover. Really flimsy cardboard like material. My friend said that he received his copy with the record outside of the cover. The damage on the record sleeve is consistent with the damage on the cover so he knows it probably sustained the damage when it was shipped direct from Soulseller to where he bought it from. I think it was 20 Buck Spin.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
my copy arrrived in mint condition direct from soulseller , i found the release to be of a high standard. Ive certainny no complaints about it.

You have to admit the cover could have been made a little better. It doesn't have to be gatefold to be high quality. It really could have been beefed up a little more.

You're lucky you got yours in good shape. Thing is, you're right around the block from him so to speak. I'd be interested in hearing how those in the US received these.
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
my copy arrrived in mint condition direct from soulseller , i found the release to be of a high standard. Ive certainny no complaints about it.

You have to admit the cover could have been made a little better. It doesn't have to be gatefold to be high quality. It really could have been beefed up a little more.

You're lucky you got yours in good shape. Thing is, you're right around the block from him so to speak. I'd be interested in hearing how those in the US received these.

I would have really liked it, if the Promo-CD cover would have been used somehow somewhere, as it is completely different to the final cover. Else it is a perfect record which arrived from Soulseller within 4 days after having paid in mint condition.
illomen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought my copies from a us distro and every single corner was completely damaged. thats how the distro received them apparently.

the layout on this release is excellent but the quality of the jackets is substandard. i wonder why so much effort would be put into making such a killer release only to ruin it by going cheapo with the jackets. i guess it doesnt matter when they get packed so poorly that they get destroyed in shipping anyway...everything else is good...the posters are great.
kängnäve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the whole packaging is actually pretty great – Nice posters, insert, vinyl... cool artwork... the only low point being those flimsy jackets. Thankfully my copy arrived in perfect condition.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
bought my copies from a us distro and every single corner was completely damaged. thats how the distro received them apparently.

Yeah, I've become aware of one other person who bought a copy of this (this time from Hells Headbangers) who received it with all corners smashed.

It's too bad the dude who shipped them doesn't know how to pack LPs. I was considering ordering this straight from the source since I couldn't imagine that all of the records he sent to the US were damaged, but it looks like that's the case.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kängnäve wrote:
the only low point being those flimsy jackets.

Good to see some people agree with me that the jackets are shit. I was beginning to think everyone here was brain dead.

Come to think of it, Soulseller could have packaged these really well and it still wouldn't have made a difference. I don't even think Yosuke's LP shipping job (which is the best I've encountered so far) could have saved these from damaged corners. You can practically blow on the fucking material these jackets were made out of and it would turn them to dust.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered my copies from Chase/HHR...

The price was not any good, so I hope to receive the LP's and covers in mint condition...
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly I got my copies perfectly mint, the only thing is that the inserts were not into the shrink wrap, so I got some stocking problems and needed to remember about them whenever I picked one for the customers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got our copies in stock last week, no copies bent or any other problem (except for the inserts outside the shrink wrap, fully agree with Luca here).
illomen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe jorn just has problems packing records to withstand an overseas trip...seems like most of the copies in US distros are fucked up...parcels getting shipped overseas often suffer more abuse at the hands of the postal service and should be packed accordingly...
soulseller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All vinyls shipped to the states (as well as other countries of course) were double boxed. I know Chase of HHR told me some sleevs were bent, which is very unfortunate. I didn't get these complaints from any other U.S. distributors though. A new pack to HHR is on the way, so I hope the post will take better care of this shipment.

Regarding the outer sleeve: I agree on the material being too thin, next to that I am also not happy with the print resolution on the back of the sleeve; the photos on the cd version came out way better.
I saved no expenses on this release at all: The band wanted the cover to be matt, so absolutely no glossy crap, this actually costed me more, where the glossy substance usually gives more strength to the sleeve apparantly.
I myself have absolutely no problem getting single copies out in mint condition to anyone globally, so I guess people just have to take better care with this one when packing.

Concerning the lyric sheet being outside of the record: When we received the vinyls here the factory seemed to have "forgotten" to insert the sleeves, I got them 2 weeks after the vinyls were delivered here, so I am forced to ship them outside of the wrapped vinyls.
illomen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my copies from 20 buck spin and they were also fucked up. i picked them up in person so it was not a result of his packing the records poorly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: