P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New York, places to go ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faust

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: New York, places to go ? Reply with quote

Ave comrades,

I'm going to New York from 10th to 14th May. I checked some posts about NY on the forum but didn't find a lot of informations. For the moment, Academy Records & Hospital Productions seems two good places to go. Other suggestion ?

Regards !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hospital productions is very good. I wonder if they still have that ladder?

Outside of NY if you can make the drive is Vintage Vinyl in NJ. I hear it is a very good place for records/cd/obscurities.

You should see central park, statue of liberty, the many museums, and maybe Times Square. Just know that Times Square seems to always be full of people, so take that into consideration..

There are some metal bars and such in NY- some rather famous ones. The names escape me at the moment though.....maybe someone else on this forum knows the place I am talking about.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's still around Hospital Productions.

Not sure if Generation records has much, but it's a pretty well known store in the area. Also as mentioned vintage vinyl from New Jersey is worth the trip as well.
NecroSemen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhemic Productions just opened up a shop in Queens. You should definitely check it out. Same goes for Hospital Prods, Generation Records..
Faust

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacrilegio wrote:
Hospital productions is very good. I wonder if they still have that ladder?

Outside of NY if you can make the drive is Vintage Vinyl in NJ. I hear it is a very good place for records/cd/obscurities.

You should see central park, statue of liberty, the many museums, and maybe Times Square. Just know that Times Square seems to always be full of people, so take that into consideration..

There are some metal bars and such in NY- some rather famous ones. The names escape me at the moment though.....maybe someone else on this forum knows the place I am talking about.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to go to Vintage Vinyl. Thanks for the tips.

NecroSemen wrote:
Warhemic Productions just opened up a shop in Queens. You should definitely check it out. Same goes for Hospital Prods, Generation Records..

Do you have the adress where is located the store of Warhemic Prods?

Thanks a lot !!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage Vinyl = great selection, but dont expect any great deals...
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NecroSemen wrote:
Warhemic Productions just opened up a shop in Queens.

Really? Got to check that out.

Hospital Productions is a store front now, no more crawling through a hole. Reggae guy is gone, so the took over the space.

I'd recommend Kim's Video, if you're into DVD collecting. They also stock CD's and vinyl, but you'll find nothing except over priced Southern Lord titles.

I'd also say check out Other Music too. Sometimes you find rare vinyls there for cheap. That's on East. 4th street.

If you're into tattoos. Check out Last Rites on West 33 Street and also Tribulation Tattoo on East 6th Street. I used to work at Last Rites and I'm not on good terms anymore with Mr. Booth, but you if you're into tattoos and dark shit, I can't deny that it's a place you have to see. Besides, I hand in building and decorating the place.

I'd also say check out Ground Zero and the 9/11 museum.

When it comes to the shops, you might find something rare, but it's hit or miss. The bottomline is that you most likely will not find anything you can't get online for cheaper.
NecroSemen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the flyer

adrian5118

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NecroSemen wrote:

Gotta check that out sometime... and I wonder how long it'll be up since he's apparently not stocking any scene garbage? Cool
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does that shop in queens have any connection to the metal kingdom guys?

faust- you can drop a pm if you want to got to some extremely sleazy bars with loose women and the gutter gleaming.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage Vinyl has one of the best metal selections worldwide. Kind of a pain in the ass to get to, however. Are you doing any sightseeing while in NYC?
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been wanting to check out Vintage Vinyl forever now. That and the Princeton Record Exchange.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Been wanting to check out Vintage Vinyl forever now. That and the Princeton Record Exchange.

Princeton Record Exchange is a strange animal. You need to dedicate an hour or two and go there with the expectation that you may not find anything. Most of their stock is used and very cheap, however, your ability to find something good is dependent upon whether or not some ex-metalhead sold his/her collection recently. While they have a small new, and small used Metal section, most of their stuff is not alphabetized and is scattered about the store in bins. You need to go through the discs one by one until you find something (or nothing at all). It's kinda fun if you go into it without crazy expectations, and sometimes you get excellent scores at VERY low prices. VV, on the other hand always has a wonderful new metal section (probably the best anywhere -- LOTS of UG/HTF titles), but the prices are kinda steep on some discs. The + side of PRX is that the area around it is also nice. VV is located in a strip-mall wasteland.
Faust

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NecroSemen wrote:
Here's the flyer

Very nice, I'm going to Citi Field Stadium so it's very near Warhemic Prods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: