P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metallica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vorfeed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutfor wrote:
These are all well reasoned, and acceptable arguments. I agree with everything, but I have to confess that Enter Sandman is a guilty pleasure, as is a good deal of the Black Album.

Sure... nothing wrong with songs like "Don't Tread On Me" or "Of Wolf and Man", in my opinion. If you skip all the weepy songs, it's not such a bad album.

Kill 'Em All is by far my favorite Metallica album, especially "The Four Horsemen" and "Jump In The Fire"... that album and Ride The Lightning are definitely head-and-shoulders above the rest of their stuff, but I like the next three as well.
Doomchild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Im still fan of old Metallica. first 4 lps.
and thats it really. and lets not forget the "Creeping Death" 12"!
and "Garage Days Revisted" 12" as well.

But in my opinion, were Metallica fucked up was releasing all this "behind the scenes/making of" documentary video crap in the studio, the therapy bullshit, cant cope syndrome etc.... fukin hell!

Too much exposure. and stuff likes this breeds a different light on the band. in my opinion.
Morphic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEA is really my most pick, but no idea why it's not in my "top 5" thrash albums. I think tracks like No Remorse, and Metal Militia were timeless but these 5 albums overpowered on me

1. Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
2. Dark Angel- Darkness Descends
3. Sadus- Illusions
4. Sodom- In the Sign of Evil
5. Kreator- Terrible Certainty

again, I don't think these guys where on a "phase". they're middle age already and still played battery in front of 10,000 people just these last month. if you guys reached this age and can still do such things (like what you're claiming now), that would be so TRUE!
Törrmentor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like KEA alot, but I have never been a big fan of the other albums.
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
Load is thier best record. The riffs, the imaginative use of the wah wah, the heartfelt lyrics. Fuck the new Villains record.

the new Villains has more a of a re-load heartfeltedness to it.
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to watch this bullshit too..

I have seen a few clips with Dave Mustaine on you tube thought.. I'm pretty sure it was the most interesting part of the DVD. Shitty that James was too wimpy to talk to him.

Lutfor wrote:
dalecooper wrote:
Lutfor wrote:
These are all well reasoned, and acceptable arguments. I agree with everything, but I have to confess that Enter Sandman is a guilty pleasure, as is a good deal of the Black Album.

I agree. I don't have a problem with that album really except when compared to its predecessors, or looked at in its historical context (as the album that heralded the ruining of Metallica). For a blatant sellout and a pop/metal album, it's well done. There's like five songs on there that are just undeniable when blaring out of a big set of speakers, if you like big fat riffs and hooks. (Of course if you only like obscure underground and morbid shit, the black album will probably never win you over... but I digress.)

Lutfor wrote:

For me, the final nail in Metallica's coffine was the group therapy DVD, Some Kind of Monster. Jesus fucking Christ. What a mockery of their former selves. IF the 22-year old Metallica were to see that, they'd probably faint.

The funny thing is, I enjoyed watching that quite a bit. But for reasons that have little to do with metal. As a documentary of a metal band, it's pretty embarrassing. As a documentary of human beings hanging on to a relationship that should probably have been dissolved long ago, and also struggling to reconcile their youthful interests while growing old and turning into family men, it's interesting. The only part I don't like is that the ending basically puts a stamp of approval on "St. Anger" (the text at the very end basically says, "Hey, therapy did these guys some good, and this awesome album was the result!") - which we all know was a horrible piece of crap.

I suppose I'll bring myself to watch it one of these days. I am most definitely unimpressed with Robert Trujilo. He fits them like a five fingered glove on a dick.

Perhaps Metallica themselves realized they had gone too far with the make-up photo shoot in '96. They got rid of that pretty quick; one of the few okay things they've done in recent years.

Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I like the first four Metallica albums, though Kill 'Em All is a definite favourite, but I still love all four of the first albums.

I still haven't seen Some Kind of Monster and I'm not sure I care to either. Sounds like a bad joke to me.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only watched the clips with Mustaine from that "Some Kind of Monster" thing on YouTube. Not interested in seeing anything else.

You know a band should of broken up a long time ago, when they have to pay a therapist to sit in with them while they're making a record. Not to mention, hire some million dollar producer. They go through all that shit and still come up with a mediocre piece of trash. But hey, people still buy it and that's the reason they force themselves to work together.
Lutfor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"HE LEFT THE BAND! HE LEFT THE FUCKING BAND! Sad "

-Lars
Lutfor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy I met told me Death Magnetic is like Justice. I can't say I believe him. Shocked
Down there...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutfor wrote:
A guy I met told me Death Magnetic is like Justice. I can't say I believe him. Shocked

could be...both are pretty shit Laughing

I do hold out hope for a decent album (metal or not) from them though. everything after master has been a perpetual slide down mediocrity if you ask me so i dont know why, but i reckon they still got one more good album up their sleeves somewhere
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutfor wrote:

Even if that were true, for some reason I still don't think I would like the new one...a lot of my love for Justice has to do with the time in which I heard it. I'm not sure the same sounds would affect me the same way now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: