P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Metallica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ride The Lightning is my fave!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load is thier best record. The riffs, the imaginative use of the wah wah, the heartfelt lyrics. Fuck the new Villains record.
karimlan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill 'Em All is the definite favourite for me. The 3 albums that followed are also great but they simply do not touch KEA.

As for what Ulrich, Hetfield and Hammett have become...... well the way I see it is that Metal was just a stage that they went through during their youth and the earlier part of adult life. After that, Metallica was simply the trading name of their business.
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrdenSatani wrote:
Hammet's solos back then remind me of Mike from DESTRUCTION... or possibly the other way around Twisted Evil

Funny comparison.. at least from a guitarist point of view. Even if I understand what you mean to a certain extent. Not to go into details, let's just say Kirk knew how to play his scales while Mike was trying to play them even if the result was really good.

My favorite is Ride, then Kill, then Master, the Justice.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two albums are essential enough to own, no life til leather demo is very good speed nwobhm worship, otherwise I neglect the rest of their discography. I might grab the first four cheap, but I'm not even a big fan of master of puppets or justice for all. They're pretty average thrash for me.
R. Witchfucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 4 albums were good but yes , Kill Em All best song in my opinion is Metal Militia .
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fave is KEA, but RTL rules as well in my opinion. Master of puppets was average, Justice was boring and the rest is absolutely useless in my opinion.

Regressive Rape MetalPunk: WWW.HEINOUS.BANDCAMP.COM
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill ' Em All is essential and belongs in every metal collection. It's so fucking guitar driven. It was the first album I've ever bought and when I first was learning guitar years later, it was learning and playing along to Metallica songs that got me started. It's also one of the best albums to drink and get rowdy to.

Ride the Lightning is great also. Even though Kill 'Em All is excellent, I tent to listen to Ride the Lightning more these days. It was great because they put more emphasis on the traditional Heavy Metal elements of the band.

Master of Puppets, I don't listen to much anymore but it's a good album. It's heavy as thunder and I think it showcases the best of Cliff Burton.

...And Justice For All, I like. I got into Metallica after this was released. I'm not sure how I'd like it had I was older and following Metallica for sometime before it was released, but whatever. It's got some damn fine song writing and guitar work on it.

Everything else of course is irrelevant. I'm tempted to say there "might" be a very small selection of good tracks from newer stuff, but taking into consideration what they were and have become, I don't.
Caina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I agree with the general consensus - Kill Em All and Ride the Lightning are untouchable in their brilliance, MoP and AJFA have some great moments but aren't great 'albums' by any stretch of the imagination. After that it just gets embarrassing.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Kapalika

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never gave a shit about them. First two albums are ok to listen to in the background while drinking beer, though.
G.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
no life til leather demo is very good speed nwobhm worship

by the way, I wonder if "No life 'till leather" and the other demos have ever be re-released on cd or lp, even on a bootleg. if someone knows if such a compilation is available anywhere......

http://codexanamnesis.blogspot.fr/
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G. wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
no life til leather demo is very good speed nwobhm worship

by the way, I wonder if "No life 'till leather" and the other demos have ever be re-released on cd or lp, even on a bootleg. if someone knows if such a compilation is available anywhere......

Countless bootlegs of that and other demo material.
Morphic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great band. been a "fan" since day one or something like that. KEA is unparalleled, even mustaine couldn't top it with his RIP. the next three albums were ok and I don't mind how "drastic" the style changed in the late releases, I just keep on buying them lol. these guys are done, but nothing gets better being rich and still play in metallica in front of 10,000 people until these days. I'm sure if any of you were in their shoes, you'll be doing the same thing Smile

NOW THAT IS SPLENDID!
Down there...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice blows. I can't take that record seriously at all..it was the beginning of the end if you ask me.

I'd love to see a good boot of the demos come out. Something with a lot of effort put in. The boots that are ou there are pretty fucking awful. Some gatefold vinyl, shirt, poster, some postcards of old pics, heavy vinyl with some sneaky extras...that'd be something
Mikael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only like few songs from KEA. I think RtL is good album with the exception of Trapped Under Ice and Escape, but MoP is really great album. I also like AJfA quite a lot. Rest of the albums have some good songs, but...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: