P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Helvetets Port- Lightning Rod Avenger video!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Down there...

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werwolf wrote:

I was hoping I wouldn't have to prove it to you:

prove what to me? that some bands did have hilariously stupid clothes? I already knew that.

Quote:
Rob Halford directly got his inspiration for his attires from the homosexual culture. If you start going through British Metal bands you'll see some really over the top stuff.

see that homosexual reference doesn't really cut the mustard. Most British bands didn't dress up in flashy pink spandex suites. But if you think that those things look "cool" and "metal" then thats your business.

Quote:
And in general I would not say heavy metal was all jeans and leather either:

nope, not always. But usually when bands started putting on those clothes was when they tried to break into the mainstream. Raven for one example.

Werwolf wrote:
...I would have to say that you're really on thin ice here.

Nope. Thats you mate. Just because some band in the 80s tried to get away with looking like that doesn't make it "cool". I'm pretty sure if you flashed a picture of one of those guys wearing some leopard skin tights to them today that'd be ashamed of themselves for looking like a bunch of twats. but fuck it, i took exception to your shitty statement that somehow if someone thought that bands like HP looked like fucking eejits that they "didn't understand Heavy Metal".

I can't do anything but laugh at the sight of:

At least those old bands had an excuse - their time and the fact that they victims of the fashion of the day.

I'd much rather my Metal like these:

Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, let's continue to excessively worry about how bands dress, because heavy metal is first and foremost a fashion statement above all else.
markos

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got LP yesterday, boring. sounds like the dude is sitting on the couch and can just barely be bothered to sing. totally uninspired. waste of time, paper, vinyl, money, you name it.

clear vinyl copy up for trade. fuck this shit.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=451332#451332
Detest Records

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
got LP yesterday, boring. sounds like the dude is sitting on the couch and can just barely be bothered to sing. totally uninspired. waste of time, paper, vinyl, money, you name it.

clear vinyl copy up for trade. fuck this shit.

Confused

I hope it'll please me a bit more ...

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vocals are really a problem. From one with the iconic name like Witchfinder you'd expect more.
Detest Records

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
The vocals are really a problem. From one with the iconic name like Witchfinder you'd expect more.

They seem pretty weak in the video. Can't remember how was the 7" though.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAM are much better/stronger to me, and overlooked compared to the bands mentioned in this thread!
Down there...

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtomicGrave wrote:
RAM are much better/stronger to me, and overlooked compared to the bands mentioned in this thread!

great band!! Judging from the samples on their myspace the new album is going to be fucking great!
Deathammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helvetets Port's debyt LP might be the release of this year! Far better than the Portrait's boring s/t LP and that singers wannabe King Diamond vocals are horrible!

...But still Russian Heavy Metal band ARIA's "Hero of a Speedway" LP is the finest Heavy Metal ever recorded! Fuck off Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson, Valeriy Kipelov is a true Metal God!!! Cool
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathammer wrote:
Helvetets Port's debyt LP might be the release of this year! Far better than the Portrait's boring s/t LP and that singers wannabe King Diamond vocals are horrible!

...But still Russian Heavy Metal band ARIA's "Hero of a Speedway" LP is the finest Heavy Metal ever recorded! Fuck off Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson, Valeriy Kipelov is a true Metal God!!! Cool

I like "Whom Are You With?" the best from ARIA.

Anyway, did I comment on this thread? Don't remember. I'm all for old Heavy Metal influences from the past. As a matter of fact, I think it's essential (fuck modern anything). But this is imitation and dress up. It doesn't seem honest. It's like an Elvis impersonator. They look the part and do it our of love for him (I guess?), but it's still not Elvis.

I'm sure a lot of what drives this is a backlash against modern shit, trends, etc. ...but a lot of seems so insincere and ridiculous, that it makes a mockery out of it's self. Like Spinal Tap being serious.
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down there... wrote:

I'd much rather my Metal like these:

uh oh, you fucking forgot this awesome as hell pic:

I like Helvetets Port video. Really nice heavy metal song, and I enjoyed listening it... visuals are also cool, really 80s, and that's nice.
CR99

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really doesnt get much better than destruction 1984 pics
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheo wrote:
I like Helvetets Port video. Really nice heavy metal song, and I enjoyed listening it... visuals are also cool, really 80s, and that's nice.

Yeah but we live in a new millenium now. The 80s are dead. The music was great but I'll have to agree with Bernard Asquin on this one that the 80s are the past, get over it and move forward. I believe thats possible in the modern age without being 'retro' or 'nu metal' or whatever. Want an example of perfect modern heavy metal? Look at Dark Forest!
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
get over it and move forward

nah... I don't want to Smile

It was a time when bands actually looked metal and not like ghosts, rummage salesmen, or Kojak impersonators. Its a time now gone.
(quote from destruction review on em)
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Deathammer wrote:

I like "Whom Are You With?" the best from ARIA.

Anyway, did I comment on this thread? Don't remember. I'm all for old Heavy Metal influences from the past. As a matter of fact, I think it's essential (fuck modern anything). But this is imitation and dress up. It doesn't seem honest. It's like an Elvis impersonator. They look the part and do it our of love for him (I guess?), but it's still not Elvis.

I'm sure a lot of what drives this is a backlash against modern shit, trends, etc. ...but a lot of seems so insincere and ridiculous, that it makes a mockery out of it's self. Like Spinal Tap being serious.

I was really disappointed when I heard their 90's shit. Entire MAIDEN and sometimes PRIEST riffs simply riiped and played as if Aria had written them. And ov korpse - even more ridiculous is to here some Russian Speakers claim "Aria rules, who the Hell are those Iron Maiden?" (Yes, I've heard such comments and not once).

Regressive Rape MetalPunk: WWW.HEINOUS.BANDCAMP.COM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: