P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Helvetets Port- Lightning Rod Avenger video!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, just watched the video the first time. It´s pretty over the top with everything and the song isn´t very good at all....
Slaughter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their look is the last thing what's wrong with them. They look killer. 100% non-wimpy or modern and antitrendy, just like their music. The video is nice and funny, but also very Spinal Tap, hahah. The song is okay, but nothing too memorable.

I think there should be more metal videos today! From death metal bands also. Just look how cool but still very simple Pure Hate video by Merciless is!
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly most music videos are gay anyway! But some are cool, but mostly shit, metal or not!
Werwolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down there... wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
Armour is like Metal Skool without the intentional humor. Sure they can write good songs, but it's all imitation and playing dress up. Anyone can emulate and copy something.

totally agree. Theres no reason these bands can't do some cool old Metal without looking like some parody of an 80s Heavy Metal band. In Solitude do a great job.

This is exactly what you get when an average "war metal" fan tries to understand Heavy Metal. In Solitude does exactly the same thing as Armour but only by imitating a much more narrow spectrum of 80s metal, to be more specific, just bands with a certain vocalist.

Implying that Heavy Metal bands should look "sophisticated" and "cool" in modern standards is like saying modern Black Metal should be like Zyklon or Dimmu Borgir.

Edit: HELVETETS PORT is a phenomenal band. Knowing the calculating nature of most Swedish bands I have to give my highest respects to this band for re-blazing a trail that was long forgotten after Heavy Load, Gotham City and other Swedish metal ancients.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Professor Black

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I said in the "looking for similar bands" thread, I strongly support the resurgence of bands having actual SINGERS. Call it a trend if you want, metal has always been a trend to a great extent.

Classic heavy metal is my favorite music ever, so new bands emulating this style are most welcome. I don't think HP are one of the better ones, but so what. They may be chosen and supported by those who disagree. 10000 nu-HM bands is better than 1000 nu-thrash bands is better than 100 Pantera bands.
Down there...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werwolf wrote:

This is exactly what you get when an average "war metal" fan tries to understand Heavy Metal.

Laughing

puh-lease

Werwolf wrote:
In Solitude does exactly the same thing as Armour but only by imitating a much more narrow spectrum of 80s metal, to be more specific, just bands with a certain vocalist.

Implying that Heavy Metal bands should look "sophisticated" and "cool" in modern standards is like saying modern Black Metal should be like Zyklon or Dimmu Borgir.

Eh no. It's not.

If these bands want to dress up in pink leotards and leopard skin tights then thats their business. I think it's pretty hilarious. I didn't listen to Def Leppard when I was a kid, I liked Iron Maiden. They didn't have to dress up like Hollywood faghags. There were plently of HM bands from the 80s and even 70s who didn't look like that.

And again, I never claimed In Solitude were original, obviously they're not. But they still have a degree more seriousness about them than Helvetes Port. At least to me. Or is the fashion sense (and it was fashion) of those bands something that was so important to 80s HM?

I'm British and I'm old enough to remember all those old 80s HM bands around my area when i was a child, none of them looked like that. Some American bands might be a different story but not in Blighty. except the fags.

Last edited by Down there... on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
SABBATICAL MANIAC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer Vid hahah I think its fuken great ... they could have picked a better song though
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think that this song is a grower. I listened to it a few more times and no it sounds cooler to me. Not bad at all, but some "punch" in the music is missing.
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
Actually I think that this song is a grower. I listened to it a few more times and no it sounds cooler to me. Not bad at all, but some "punch" in the music is missing.

I agree, the production is a little flat and it's too "lite" for what I would like to hear with them
Crepuscolar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down there... wrote:
If these bands want to dress up in pink leotards and leopard skin tights then thats their business. I think it's pretty hilarious. I didn't listen to Def Leppard when I was a kid, I liked Iron Maiden. They didn't have to dress up like Hollywood faghags. There were plently of HM bands from the 80s and even 70s who didn't look like that.

Umm...

Down there...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some half dodgy stage clothes for a short period in their career is a far cry from what I'm on about Wink

The_Elite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Dickinson used to be spandex KING.
Werwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down there... wrote:

Even you yourself make it seem like it was more of an exception
than a rule to dress up like a dickless average joe.

Even Quorthon wore zebra spandex.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Down there...

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werwolf wrote:

Even you yourself make it seem like it was more of an exception
than a rule to dress up like a dickless average joe.

what? who looks like a "dickless average joe"?

Werwolf wrote:
Even Quorthon wore zebra spandex.

well in THAT case ... Laughing

look, i don't care what people want to wear. do i think they look like a bunch of gay retards? yup. just dont try and tell us that that is how 80s HM bands looked coz it isn't. at least not here (some shitty exceptions). Unless we're talking about Motley Crue and other Hollywood bands. you know, you implied that anyone who questions the hilarious asethics of a band like Helevets Port doesn't understand what 80s HM was all about. I think it's the other way round, that people who didn't even know what Metal was back then (or weren't even born), remember seeing a Def Leppard video and think thats how HM bands dressed in the 80s. not that DL were Metal, but you know...
Werwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down there... wrote:
just dont try and tell us that that is how 80s HM bands looked coz it isn't. at least not here (some shitty exceptions). Unless we're talking about Motley Crue and other Hollywood bands.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to prove it to you:

Biff Byford dressed like a girl ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgmvAoIVbFc ).

Rob Halford directly got his inspiration for his attires from the homosexual culture. If you start going through British Metal bands you'll see some really over the top stuff.

And in general I would not say heavy metal was all jeans and leather either:

Spandex overload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ndJUCoFJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwtk9Xhl98c&feature=related

Theatrally totally equivalent for f.ex. Mötley Crue's "Live Wire" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qTi7cDtI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xazI58ca5hw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFXcvqgWkHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ4yeYQcbEg

...I would have to say that you're really on thin ice here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: