P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Tapes are back...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titanic Furor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapes are my favourite music media. I buy also cds, but I think they are good just to skip on some tracks or to listen the stuff in car. Also, I buy LP and vynils, but I listen to them really few times, so I copy them on tapes or I buy also the cd to listen to it as much as I want.
Definitely, I think tapes are cool, underground and solid. I started to do trades with tapes and still today I do them and with War Kommand prod. Italia we produce lots of tapes. The only problem is that's really hard to buy blank tapes on stores, so actually I must get them by ebay or something similar. fuck
Also, lots of shit is still recorded on tape, so one must be carefully when trading or buying something on cassette. I have almost 400 tapes on my collection and I still love to trade or buy them!
Detest Records

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned I always buy my blank tapes at http://www.tapeline.co.uk/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tapes are in my heart and in my "boy metaler" rememberments...

i used to use a walkman, to put some tapes in my backpack and go to the school... to listen Metal in the break, to wake up at the midnight and to use my walkman to not wake up my parents, using my tapes, etc etc etc...

i think for the most it is not only a matter of "tape", but the significance and symbolism of the "tapes"...

really only those who grew up listening Metal at the side of tapes could know about the real feeling of this...

maybe for some is a bit absurd to use tapes, but they simply never known about the "tape devotion"...

pd: something similar between paper zines vs webzines...
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to listen to music (old Russian Rock back then) on vinyl and mainly tapes back in 90-91 and haven't held an actual CD in my hands before 98, and tape is still my last priority, for the simple reason that it's the least reliable format. I think that the only advantage it has is the price...

Last edited by Werewolf on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
God Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New cars don't come with tape players, and that is sad because it is where I used to listen to most of my tape collection. Now it's just CD in the car.
EVIL SPIRIT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, listen, the world is "walking", is the reality...
is total possible that in some time, simple tapes are no more...

so keep you tape decks, and your tapes...
in a future tape collectors would be a kind of subterranean society...

maybe only the time has the clue and answer...
maybe the system will fall... we dunno...

but the matter of technology, digital stuff, etc and the tendence to make everything digital, etc... would make tapes will over...

fight and resist, until the world declination!!!!
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider too that this is 2009 and allot of things are changing for music- both underground and mainstream. Anymore, most labels won't be able to move even 1000 pro pressed copies of something within any short amount of time so the answer is CDrs and tapes which the label/band/whatever can just make themselves in any amount they want to.

I like this. Labels like Satanic Skinhead Propaganda are doing exactly that (making/printing/recording everything themselves) and their releases are of the highest quality. More will follow in style when they realize that mass producing underground music is totally inane in this age of file sharing.

So cassettes and CDr media have every reason to outlast "pro" digital formats.

Go brush your doll's hair.
BANGER_LORCHO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVIL SPIRIT wrote:
tapes are in my heart and in my "boy metaler" rememberments...

i used to use a walkman, to put some tapes in my backpack and go to the school... to listen Metal in the break, to wake up at the midnight and to use my walkman to not wake up my parents, using my tapes, etc etc etc...

i think for the most it is not only a matter of "tape", but the significance and symbolism of the "tapes"...

really only those who grew up listening Metal at the side of tapes could know about the real feeling of this...

maybe for some is a bit absurd to use tapes, but they simply never known about the "tape devotion"...

pd: something similar between paper zines vs webzines...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CALLA NERD MONGOLICO REXUXATUMADRE.

LA INDIGENA DE TU VIEJA RECIEN TE HA PARIDO X EL CULO HACE 10 AÑOS Y VIENES A FINTEAR QUE ERES UN VIEJO BANGER EN PERUHELL!

LA SEMANA PASADA ESTABAS ZAPATEANDO HUAYNOS CON TUS YANKIS HECHOS DE LLANTA DE CAMION Y HOY VIENES A ESTE FORO A ENGAÑAR QUE ERES VIEJO EN LA ESCENA METAL.

TODOS TUS TAPES SON UNA PORKERIA = COVERS FOTOCOPIAS DE 10 CENTIMOS... Y TU COCHINADA DE ZINE SOLO PRESENTA PURA MIERDA DE BANDAS Q SON REMEDOS DE GRANDES BANDAS DE LOS 80s!

ARRANCA A TU PUEBLO BABOSON! PARECES UN IMBECIL POSTEANDO EN TODOS LOS FOROS EN BUSCA DE SER CONOCIDO. DE SEGURO EN TU COLEGIO ERAS UN NERD DE MIERDA Y AHORA QUIERES ENGAÑAR A TODOS QUE ERES RECONTRA PENDEJAZO!

EVIL SPIRIT = NERD MONGOLICO DE PERUHELL!!!!
PxRxPx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like how veritably indestructible and cheap tapes are. Tapes can get wet, snap and be re-taped, and can be left indefinitely out of their cases and still play. Also, just like most people on here, I have a serious problem with constantly amassing music in a hard format, but when I'm broke (like right now), I can always justify dropping 10-20 bucks on some tapes.
Oh yeah, and one last thing. Despite any yucky, kitschy, hipster related/ironic associations to mixtapes that are floating about the collective metal consciousness these days, self made compilations on cassette are still the best kind. There's just something about listening to the song as it's added to a mix that requires more thought rather than dragging an mp3 file onto a playlist.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have VON on 8-track.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PxRxPx wrote:
I really like how veritably indestructible and cheap tapes are. Tapes can get wet, snap and be re-taped, and can be left indefinitely out of their cases and still play. Also, just like most people on here, I have a serious problem with constantly amassing music in a hard format, but when I'm broke (like right now), I can always justify dropping 10-20 bucks on some tapes.
Oh yeah, and one last thing. Despite any yucky, kitschy, hipster related/ironic associations to mixtapes that are floating about the collective metal consciousness these days, self made compilations on cassette are still the best kind. There's just something about listening to the song as it's added to a mix that requires more thought rather than dragging an mp3 file onto a playlist.

Not to mention my car stereo is only a tape deck, no CD slot or jack for ipod/mp3 shit and I haven't been interested in buying the tape/mp3 adapter. Buying cassette versions of albums makes sure that I have things to listen to when driving around, so my CD's get little play outside my stereo, which the CD deck is so old, even some newer CD's don't play well with the slightest problems on them, and CD-R is like a foreign creature in itself.

I have buddies who still buy tape because they do not even have CD player. Tapes are still sold blank in the major markets and I've seen cars up to the early 00's (2002 or 2003 being the newest) that still only have tape decks, no CD player, but at the same time my parents have an early/mid 90's car with both.

I think the only reason tapes suffer a downfall is because it's much harder to pick a specific song to listen to. With vinyl it's easy to find the groove between two tracks to get to a specific song, and with CD you just press a button. There are tape decks that can seek out a specific song and skip to it, but for the most part it's guesswork and you kill your tapes faster trying to find songs than just listening to the whole thing. It makes it easier as a driving format too because I do not really care that way what song it's on, just pop it in, play and enjoy.

I have about two racks of cassettes which easily is between 150-200. It's a cheap format, and easy to get many tapes to enjoy for cars. Long live the cassette format!
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like tapes to listen and to release them, of course! Very Happy
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
I think the only reason tapes suffer a downfall is because it's much harder to pick a specific song to listen to.
No, it's because the tape can get torn all of a sudden.
PxRxPx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
I think the only reason tapes suffer a downfall is because it's much harder to pick a specific song to listen to.
No, it's because the tape can get torn all of a sudden.

Yeah, but a snap can be mended with a small piece of scotch tape easily enough. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but it works most of the time. Also certain tape decks (like the double deck I have at home) can detect the gaps in songs and stop automatically between them.
Blasphemophizer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapes are good! It's a bitch rewinding and such, but it's not a big deal. They are so damn cheap, so who cares.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: