P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Sadistik Exekution to play at the 2009 Australian Heavy Meta
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Sadistik Exekution to play at the 2009 Australian Heavy Meta Reply with quote

Quote:
Sadistik Exekution to play at the 2009 Australian Heavy Metal Awards

I’d first like to state that I think the idea of the Australian Heavy Metal Awards is stupid; as is the Association for Australian Heavy Metal. They have some 2009 “Heavy Metal Awards” thing coming up at The Forum on November 7th.

Now, I’m not sure anyone cared about these awards, so they’ve announced that the renown, reviled and infamous Sadistik Exekution are (allegedly - source) playing at the awards.

It is worthy to note that the judging panel is made up of some meaningful individuals in the ‘metal community’; Glenn Dyson (Prime Cuts / Soundwork Touring), Rok (of Sad Ex fame) and a bunch of people I don’t know from Riot, Stomp, Blunt Magazine, Inside Out Webzine and the head of the Music Business JMC Academy. They will be judging on a series of standard type awards, as well as totally trivial crap like “best band name” and “most popular merch”.

Tickets go on sale on May 1st. Now I face a very difficult question: do I even care?


I will be there for sure!!!! Even if they will play only a short set...
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Goatchrist



Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Sadistik Exekution to play at the 2009 Australian Heavy Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Quote:
Sadistik Exekution to play at the 2009 Australian Heavy Metal Awards

I’d first like to state that I think the idea of the Australian Heavy Metal Awards is stupid; as is the Association for Australian Heavy Metal. They have some 2009 “Heavy Metal Awards” thing coming up at The Forum on November 7th.

Now, I’m not sure anyone cared about these awards, so they’ve announced that the renown, reviled and infamous Sadistik Exekution are (allegedly - source) playing at the awards.

It is worthy to note that the judging panel is made up of some meaningful individuals in the ‘metal community’; Glenn Dyson (Prime Cuts / Soundwork Touring), Rok (of Sad Ex fame) and a bunch of people I don’t know from Riot, Stomp, Blunt Magazine, Inside Out Webzine and the head of the Music Business JMC Academy. They will be judging on a series of standard type awards, as well as totally trivial crap like “best band name” and “most popular merch”.

Tickets go on sale on May 1st. Now I face a very difficult question: do I even care?


I will be there for sure!!!! Even if they will play only a short set...


good for you!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UR



Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how it may have some appeal for those outside of Australia, but as those in Australia would know, this whole thing is complete shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chicken_Dance



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 708
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf? I've never even heard ot that silly shit...

Sad ex will be awesome, though, and my apartment is about 100 meters from that venue!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood and Thunder



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 1283
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have tried to get this sort of thing off the ground so many times before. I think it's really sad personally... who gives a fuck whether the larger industry cares about what heavy bands are doing. I loathe the whole self congratulatory, pat your friends on the back sort of thing. I bet I could list the contenders and the winners already.
_________________
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If god won't help me
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Humus



Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 2854

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Least negative personality in the Aussie metal scene: Blood and thunder


Just kidding, I totally agree with you. Metal needs no awards, let alone ceremonies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
masters_throne



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 3435
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't give a flying fukk about that award shirts. no one needs that shirt, but I want to see sadex...
_________________

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blood and Thunder



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 1283
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
I don't give a flying fukk about that award shirts. no one needs that shirt, but I want to see sadex...


I can understand your desire. When I saw them in '95 they were devastating!
_________________
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If god won't help me
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bjorn



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 295
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sad Ex really are playing this.. i will come down. The metal awards part is a bit of bullshit though. Does anyone have any more info on this? Is there a website for this or anything?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood and Thunder



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 1283
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Least negative personality in the Aussie metal scene: Blood and thunder


Just kidding, I totally agree with you. Metal needs no awards, let alone ceremonies.


Especially not in this country! The bands people know outside of Australia are not necessarily those who are feted at these kinds of things.
_________________
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If god won't help me
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
holgerdanske



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 220

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood and Thunder wrote:
Especially not in this country! The bands people know outside of Australia are not necessarily those who are feted at these kinds of things.


So there's no chance Slaughter Lord will be recognized as having blown the living shit out of 99% of all other bands that have ever existed? Not to mention having had the best band name of all time to boot?

Shame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ADB



Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 2335
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood and Thunder wrote:
They have tried to get this sort of thing off the ground so many times before. I think it's really sad personally... who gives a fuck whether the larger industry cares about what heavy bands are doing. I loathe the whole self congratulatory, pat your friends on the back sort of thing. I bet I could list the contenders and the winners already.


yep, i bet those neob fags will get a few "best reach around" "most spam in a thread" and "most willing for anal rape" awards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DonTzu



Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 134
Location: Hell (Adelaide/SA)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood and Thunder wrote:
They have tried to get this sort of thing off the ground so many times before. I think it's really sad personally... who gives a fuck whether the larger industry cares about what heavy bands are doing. I loathe the whole self congratulatory, pat your friends on the back sort of thing. I bet I could list the contenders and the winners already.


Definately agree.
_________________
http://www.tzuntzu.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
R. Witchfucker



Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there's no chance Slaughter Lord will be recognized as having blown the living shit out of 99% of all other bands that have ever existed? Not to mention having had the best band name of all time to boot?

Shame.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexBlume



Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 219
Location: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. Witchfucker wrote:
So there's no chance Slaughter Lord will be recognized as having blown the living shit out of 99% of all other bands that have ever existed? Not to mention having had the best band name of all time to boot?

Shame.

AMEN to that. DIE BY FUCKING POWER!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group