P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Beyond The Void & Worship news
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Whine, whine, whine.

So you've never gave your opinion on this board ? And you've never complain about anything here ?
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the time. But this "underground", keep it limited nonsense is a little old now. Who knows what Max would think today.

"Cash in on Max's death"?

Yeah, cause he became such a huge, money making rock star since he jumped off a bridge.
Albin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

max was not like that . That's just daniel vaross who is a bastard .

A little old ? Do you mean limited releases were ok before but not now ?
It's just a matter of taste . If someone want to limit something for a good reason , then i'm ok . But what this german do is simply exactly the contrary of what Worship was supposed to do . he should have changed the name . As simple as that
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albin wrote:

wow Shocked what the fuck??????? Never knew that he's exploiting Worship!! So this gets lamer and lamer, fuck!!! Never knew the shit-head behaviour of Daniel Vaross... I maybe old cunt but generaly speaking, I thing that if someone from a band dies while in the band, then they should split up or at least change name.....
tom245

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
I think someone wanted to dub me that tape? Who was this again

Someone (might have been you) asked me but the one tape deck on my stereo is broken so I couldn't do it.
Mz412

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albin wrote:

A little old ? Do you mean limited releases were ok before but not now ?
It's just a matter of taste . If someone want to limit something for a good reason , then i'm ok . But what this german do is simply exactly the contrary of what Worship was supposed to do . he should have changed the name . As simple as that

which good reason you have to limit a release?
Albin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- MEANS.

- The will to don't spread too much because :
* They think the majority of the scene sucks
* This is an old underground spirit to don't want to be part of
the mainstream scene and to see its own album available
everywhere . Thus only the one who really want the product
will know where to find it and will do some effort to find it .
( I know , most of those items end up on ebay at ridiculous pride . But that's the fans who are stupid , not the band . )
* because the guys are stupid . It may sounds ... stupid too ,
but doing an excellent music don't prevent to be a jerk . So
I consider this as a good reason .

There are tonsss of other reasons . As many as band limit their items . Just ask to some bands that limit their things .

But really the 1st reason is the best one .

Maximillien didn't wanted to be as mainstream as Worship today . And I think daniel had to respect that . Sure he was responsibleof a lot of music , but the spirit of Worship was created by Max .
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you have a very good sense at what being "mainstream" is.

There is a difference between being "mainstream" (on the cover of supermarket metal mags, radio airplay, MTV) and just being professional (good production, proper distribution, etc.).

Today nothing matters, because there is no underground. What is considered to be underground is just a circle of consumerism. It's all about buying the newest cult reissue or whatever. Those that try to keep "underground values" alive are just flogging a dead horse, cause at the end of the day, it means nothing and is pointless. The only thing it does is benefit the individuals identity and sense of being. "I'm a true warrior! Look at me!"

As I've always said, Bathory, Venom, Celtic Frost, Mercyful Fate, all the true "gods" (for lack of a better word), never believed in limiting what they did, cause they the truly believed in what they were doing. I'd rather follow their ethic, then some clown from the early 90's who's moping the floor of a McDonalds right now.

The limited release thing for most is a convient excuse. Lack of money and interest, of course you'd limit a release. Then they turn it around and make it look like it's for some elitist, underground reason.

If those that held those old limited release values found out that a bunch of people wanted to buy their records, they would jump at the chance to repress them. I know, cause almost every misanthropic, "kvlt guy" faggot from the 90's, is now a socialite whore on MySpace today. Totally contradicting the shit they used to spew a few years ago.
Mz412

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albin wrote:
- MEANS.

- The will to don't spread too much because :
* They think the majority of the scene sucks
* This is an old underground spirit to don't want to be part of
the mainstream scene and to see its own album available
everywhere . Thus only the one who really want the product
will know where to find it and will do some effort to find it .
( I know , most of those items end up on ebay at ridiculous pride . But that's the fans who are stupid , not the band . )
* because the guys are stupid . It may sounds ... stupid too ,
but doing an excellent music don't prevent to be a jerk . So
I consider this as a good reason .

There are tonsss of other reasons . As many as band limit their items . Just ask to some bands that limit their things .

But really the 1st reason is the best one .

Maximillien didn't wanted to be as mainstream as Worship today . And I think daniel had to respect that . Sure he was responsibleof a lot of music , but the spirit of Worship was created by Max .

mainstream? Laughing

yeah, black metal is since venom mainstream, about what your
talking about?
every kiddi can buy "underground" stuff nxt to britney spears since
ages, i bought my first black metal cds in a normal music store,
good sorted with a good seller. there you get burzum, mayhem,
sigh till sarcofago, blasphemy...whatever you want..also all other
kind of music techno, pop, everything....

now you can download every fucking shitty limited 8 or lesser
tape from some shitty blog....for whom is this limitation good?
the "undergrounnd"? you could look at metal archives or wikipedia?
or the collectors who bought all this stuff for their collection?

the ones who really into this music mustn buy every fucking
thing from every fucking band, thats total stupid to think about.
i can live wiothout 80% music from this scene without having
any nightmare, its only that i enjoy this music a lots more than
other kinds...but whats left when such idiots like me won't give
their money for collecting stuff, when only the "spirit" and the
music is the thing?...tape trading i guess....

and by the way, this "underground spirit" came totaly with
this true/false shit in the scene, than much more with ebay,
then it was a question about having the "real deal" and to have
"milestones in every good sorted collection", when i start
with metal we tradet dubbed tapes a lot and not selling
limited tapes to each other
Humus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atleast in the early days the limitations for Worship made sense. It took Fred nearly 2 years if I remember correct to sell out Last vinyl before doomsday.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limited release today mean, "limited to rich eBay kids and record collectors".....unless of course your quick with your mouse and have funds in your PayPal account. Wink

So much for "underground spirit", huh? Today a "true warrior" is measured by the size of his wallet and willingness to blow a $100 on a 7". Which means, the door is open for any poser to be a "die hard". Which of course, explains alot, haha.
Opolus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I don't think you have a very good sense at what being "mainstream" is.

There is a difference between being "mainstream" (on the cover of supermarket metal mags, radio airplay, MTV) and just being professional (good production, proper distribution, etc.).

Today nothing matters, because there is no underground. What is considered to be underground is just a circle of consumerism. It's all about buying the newest cult reissue or whatever. Those that try to keep "underground values" alive are just flogging a dead horse, cause at the end of the day, it means nothing and is pointless. The only thing it does is benefit the individuals identity and sense of being. "I'm a true warrior! Look at me!"

As I've always said, Bathory, Venom, Celtic Frost, Mercyful Fate, all the true "gods" (for lack of a better word), never believed in limiting what they did, cause they the truly believed in what they were doing. I'd rather follow their ethic, then some clown from the early 90's who's moping the floor of a McDonalds right now.

The limited release thing for most is a convient excuse. Lack of money and interest, of course you'd limit a release. Then they turn it around and make it look like it's for some elitist, underground reason.

If those that held those old limited release values found out that a bunch of people wanted to buy their records, they would jump at the chance to repress them. I know, cause almost every misanthropic, "kvlt guy" faggot from the 90's, is now a socialite whore on MySpace today. Totally contradicting the shit they used to spew a few years ago.

AGAIN, you've nailed it, Mister EM!! And although I agree with most of what you posted, I can't get rid off the feeling, that the Doomonger is simply milking it, to put it like that. WORSHIP wasn't meant to have big pressings, live shows (!) etc. going on. so I do get the unease, people have about this particular case, while still sharing your sentiments about limitations and kvlt behaviour in the big picture anyway! Idea
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may be so, but I wouldn't mind having this release on vinyl. I don't doubt he could be milking it. He was one half of the band and I'm not sure what exactly he's milking. I doubt Worship is much of a cash cow. I don't think reissues of this release is going to earn him a mansion in the Hollywood Hills.

The best (or should I say worst) example of somebody milking something, is Necrobutcher and Hellhammer. Necrobutcher LEFT Mayhem cause he was too much of a wimp to deal with what was happening.

But he didn't mind cashing in on all the things that caused to him to leave later though.
Opolus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

The best (or should I say worst) example of somebody milking something, is Necrobutcher and Hellhammer. Necrobutcher LEFT Mayhem cause he was too much of a wimp to deal with what was happening.

But he didn't mind cashing in on all the things that caused to him to leave later though.

You surely have a point here! Especially as both are as Black Metal nowadays as David Letterman is, so...

Concerning WORSHIP, I think the whole concept (!) of it, was like keeping it low profile from the very beginning, not the least, due to no-one giving a shit about them back when Max was doing "Impaler Of Trendies". I'm just thinking, that Daniel should've let WORSHIP rest for good. Even though, he actually wrote most of the music, that band was never meant for a re-re-re-release. Eventually, let's face it, it wasn't THAT hard to optain ANY copy of the recording in the first place anyway, was it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: