P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

ANGELCORPSE Calls It Quits - Apr. 7, 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Saevus



Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 1465
Location: Nomadic in Virginia, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unfortunate. I really wanted to catch them live at least once, and now regret not seeing them with Watain even more.
_________________
http://saevus.deviantart.com/ - Artwork and graphic design
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Chit019



Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 2379
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
I do hope Impiety will step up to fill the void left by this band.


They have been doing that "asian angelcorpse" since Kaos Kommand/paramount evil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IIIRD GATEKEEPER



Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2424
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
They have been doing that "asian angelcorpse" since Kaos Kommand/paramount evil.


Not too good at that either. Come to think of it, only Impiety stuff I'm fully into is the Funeralight and Salve the Goat... Iblis Excelsi material. Like Abhorer meets Rotting Christ. Fuck yes!
_________________
ok but who are you damn i have lot of orders

Aeonblade wrote:
Hyper distorted go nowhere songs with feedback sections. It's like everything wrong with doom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
Chit019 wrote:
They have been doing that "asian angelcorpse" since Kaos Kommand/paramount evil.


Not too good at that either. Come to think of it, only Impiety stuff I'm fully into is the Funeralight and Salve the Goat... Iblis Excelsi material. Like Abhorer meets Rotting Christ. Fuck yes!


I enjoyed their latest full length and the split with Abhorrence, not to mention the Dominator EP. Kaos Kommand is a classic in my books but didn;t really dig Paramount Evil - probably not fast enough..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
throneofmight



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 2007
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh this fucking sucks Confused
_________________
BLAZING OBSCURITY TAPE LABEL| http://blazingobscurity.blogspot.com/
10% discount code: ARMY-KGNG-M488-C8Q4 ONLY on "ARMY" tagged merch at http://www.cmdistro.com/index.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nektostiknekromessikk



Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Posts: 305
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newer impiety is really bad. I didn't really enjoy their latest release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mutilashawn



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 321
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well at least we got one great last tour on both sides of the continent before they packed it in. Plus, I am one of the few people who actually thinks "Of Lucifer and Lightning" is a great album! I'm a big fan of all of Pete and Gene's other projects and look forward to anything they do. Angelcorpse was one of my favourite bands for a long long time ... so this is a bit of a pity.
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/mitochondrion137
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Devoured Death



Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 1898

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
I enjoyed their latest full length and the split with Abhorrence, not to mention the Dominator EP. Kaos Kommand is a classic in my books but didn;t really dig Paramount Evil - probably not fast enough..


I thought the same actually! Paramount Evil was really boring, but Kaos Kommand is totally savage, as is the split with Abhorrence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vugelnox



Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 527
Location: new york

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guitar tone on the last Angelcorpse album is muffled but truthfully its not that horrendous. The drums kill it for me though, the snare and kick drum have no power at all behind them, just lifeless. A shame because the drums are fitting to the music and the performance isn't bad but the horrendous drum sound drags the album down.

I guess Iron Bonehead will be doing an Apocalypse Command full-length at some undetermined point in the future?
_________________
I was a brazen prince and cold, now a king on an oaken throne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Invictus Productions



Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 673
Location: Dublin, IRELAND

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vugelnox wrote:
I guess Iron Bonehead will be doing an Apocalypse Command full-length at some undetermined point in the future?

Where'd you get this from? I'm putting that out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
passetiermes



Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2330
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Apocalypse Command already recorded the album? Any ideas when it might be released?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INEXORABLE EXTERMINATION



Joined: 11 Sep 2008
Posts: 201
Location: TAMPA, FLORIDA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus Productions wrote:
vugelnox wrote:
I guess Iron Bonehead will be doing an Apocalypse Command full-length at some undetermined point in the future?

Where'd you get this from? I'm putting that out.


Gene here. You might remember Patrick asking about this(the vinyl) back on the MILITANT ANTICHRIST tour....
Oh yeah, that logo will be fine. Just remove the clubs!!!

Concerning APOCALYPSE COMMAND: most music and lyrics are written. And once I can find a good amount of time to make the recording.... What with other manic issues going on around my other works/bands it will be a little tricky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene,

Will there be Blasphemic Cruelty / Apocalypse Command t-shirts printed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
INEXORABLE EXTERMINATION



Joined: 11 Sep 2008
Posts: 201
Location: TAMPA, FLORIDA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
Gene,

Will there be Blasphemic Cruelty / Apocalypse Command t-shirts printed?


BLASPHEMIC CRUELTY shirts with the album cover art are available at RAZAMATAZ at this link: heavymetalonline.co.uk

APOCALYPSE COMMAND shirts? Once I've got some spare dough or win a lottery I'll probably make some shirts with the demo cover art....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
schadel_reich



Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 846
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
Ross Liew wrote:
I enjoyed their latest full length and the split with Abhorrence, not to mention the Dominator EP. Kaos Kommand is a classic in my books but didn;t really dig Paramount Evil - probably not fast enough..


I thought the same actually! Paramount Evil was really boring, but Kaos Kommand is totally savage, as is the split with Abhorrence.

I personally like Paramount Evil. Sure, not their best album but still pretty good in my books.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group