P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Current BATHORY CD Pressings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Current BATHORY CD Pressings? Reply with quote

My copies of the first three records are shot, so I need some fresh copies.

What's are the current pressings like? I mean, compared to the older ones. Are they are all fucked up and tampered with or did they stay true to the originals? I thought I heard something about new reissues after he kicked the bucket.
dronevil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they all look pretty much the same... printing quality might differs but the layout is pretty much the same i think...
holgerdanske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they sound better than the first couple of CD editions that came out in 1991. The first version of "The Return" sounded odd, but the ones that came out starting in 2003 sounded much closer to the vinyl. The booklets all look closer to the original vinyl layouts, too.
nektostiknekromessikk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the clear vinyl edition of Blood fire death good?
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holgerdanske wrote:
I think they sound better than the first couple of CD editions that came out in 1991. The first version of "The Return" sounded odd, but the ones that came out starting in 2003 sounded much closer to the vinyl.

Hmm... yeah, those earlier CD pressings of the first three albums sound like shit compared to the vinyls.

Layout-wise, what I've seen, the artworks look a bit different; darker contrast etc. And the goat on the s/t has started smoking again since his eyes are red. Laughing

Aeonblade wrote:
Hyper distorted go nowhere songs with feedback sections. It's like everything wrong with doom.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original CD's also have correct track indexes, at least!
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the first pressing of "...The Return", but I actually just tossed it in the waste basket due to it being scratched to shit. I know my self-titled one and "Under the Sign of the Black Mark" were later pressings, but similar in look than "...The Return" I had.

Not long ago, I attempted to buy the self-titled again, but the seller neglected to mention it was one of those Irond pressings. It has a clear tray card and a picture of the goat under it.
holgerdanske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
Layout-wise, what I've seen, the artworks look a bit different; darker contrast etc. And the goat on the s/t has started smoking again since his eyes are red. Laughing

Sure, there are subtle differences in contrast and the technical aspects of the printing process, but at least an attempt was made to make the CDs look like the original vinyl. And the sound was improved. Cool

"War" on the first album sounds like it was remixed on the CD. Its the definitely the same version performance-wise, but there's noticeably more midrange in the guitars. Q oversaw the remastering process himself, so that's probably why they look and sound better...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: